Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 03:24:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosArtist Required for Flash Portfolio Piece
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist Required for Flash Portfolio Piece  (Read 1018 times)
revulsion
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2011, 09:59:11 AM »

Hello all

I am looking for an Artist to create sprites, music for a flash portfolio piece that is currently in production. The game has been made from scratch using the Flixel game engine. The game is a WW2 themed game that draws elements from mainly Tower Defense Games but also pulls heavily on elements of Time Management Games and a dash of RPG.

The project started in November 2010 and so far the team has comprised of myself as a programmer and two other guys who look after art and design respectively. The team name is Matchbook Productions if you are interested in knowing. I currently work in IT and I am looking to move into gaming and I am building this game as part of my portfolio to begin applying for gaming jobs. Our Designer is just out of college and is also looking for gaming work and our artist was a full time artist looking to expand his portfolio. Our artist he has found that his life has become quiet hectic and and some rather unfortunate events have befallen him. As such we are looking for another artist to replace him.

This project will only every be a portfolio piece. Please do not apply if you are looking to make it into the big leagues of flash development. We are not making the next WOW only in flash! Having said that we have been enjoying working with each other so far and you will find all of us to be friendly, fun and sociable so don't be surprised if you join and this isn't the last game you make with us. All I am saying is we have no dreams of grandeur so please don't join expecting anything like that.

The game is about half finished at guess so there is still plenty of work to be done but we have gotten it to a point where most of the elements are implemented and we have a game that you can win or lose. What will be required is the ability to draw animated sprites in sprite frame sheets for each of the currently 15 strong character roster these will include idle, running (N, E and S), Firing (NE, E, SE) and reloading animations. If you manage to get to the end of them (and we hope you will) we will also need HUD sprites for buttons and also other random sprites for other game elements. We currently have a few graphics that were drawn by the previous artist though not many at all so you may want to redraw these.

If you think you might be interested in taking this position or simply require further information please don't hesitate to contact me at zacharybraddy|at|gmail.com. Please do not reply to this post just email if you would like further information.

Cheers
Zac

Any
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic