Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:45:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGuard Duty - Fantasy Point and Click Retro Adventure
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Guard Duty - Fantasy Point and Click Retro Adventure  (Read 487 times)
Chicky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:21:10 AM »

Hi guys! long time lurker here, first time posting and I thought it was time to share a little about my game to this lovely community.  Beer!

Guard Duty is an ambitious puzzle adventure game, following in the footsteps of titles like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Simon the Sorcerer and the Discworld series.

The game features a unique three act story with an open world to explore, carefully paced puzzles and two radically different timelines.

You can find lots of new information about the game on our Kickstarter page:

If you have a Steam account, please consider voting for Guard Duty on Steam Greenlight! It would help me out so much!

Story

When a teenage apprentice stumbles upon his father’s collection of Demonic
literature he learns of a long forgotten ancient ritual, a recipe for
destruction, death and the promise of immortality.

With evil in his eyes and a charcoal dusting underneath, the apprentice embarks on the journey
of a lifetime, one reaching far across the depths of time and space.

'An exchange of royal virgin blood for an eternity on the throne, to be king of the underworld,
ruler of the mortal realm.’

Characters

Take control of the first dynamic duo with a heritage line spanning multiple millennia!
Destiny speaks of two men that can stop the young soon-to-be ruler of the world, well,
more like one and a half men:

Agent Starborn, time travelling Lieutenant General of the Guardians of New Haven!

...and Tondbert, Night’s Watchmen of Wrinklewood, part time drunk and three quarter dwarf.

Gameplay

Art, story and game design by Nathan Hamley
Programming and additional game design by Andy White

---

Guard Duty Kickstarter Trailer

Guard Duty Gameplay Teaser

And to sign off, here are some new screenshots from the game:

Thanks for taking a look and all of your support so far! We need as much exposure as possible across this first week, so any shares, retweets or recommendations to friends would be really appreciated!

Oh and remember to vote on the Greenlight page! Smiley

Follow us:

Web
Twitter
Indie DB
Facebook

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:32:32 PM by Chicky » Logged
Chicky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:19 AM »

It is time!

So I've been working really hard for the past two weeks, frantically putting together two promotional campaigns. With the death of Steam Greenlight on the horizon it was a race against time to get these out before Steam pulled the plug.

You can find lots of new information about the game on our Kickstarter page:

If you have a Steam account, please consider voting for Guard Duty on Steam Greenlight! It would help me out so much!

Along with the Kickstarter we've released two new videos for Guard Duty, debuting some of the locations and gameplay that feature in the game.

Guard Duty Kickstarter Trailer

Guard Duty Gameplay Teaser

I've also updated the first post with some new screenshots from the project, would be ace to hear what you think!

Thanks for taking a look and all of your support so far! We need as much exposure as possible across this first week, so any shares, retweets or recommendations to friends would be really appreciated!

Oh and remember to vote on the Greenlight page! Smiley

Thank you!

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »

Nice seeing you here buddy  Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right Good luck on the KS campaign!

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
Chicky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »

Hey dude, good to see you too  Smiley and thanks!
AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 03:16:25 PM »

Voted!

As soon as I saw the darts in the Simon poster I knew this was my style of humor Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic