Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 04:52:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOccultus Command: Sci fi metroidvania with fighting game elements
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Occultus Command: Sci fi metroidvania with fighting game elements  (Read 376 times)
occultuscmd
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:12:12 PM »

Hello,

My game is Occultus Command, it's a metroidvania-type game with meter, weapons, multiple paths and bosses. Initially, the game was hand-drawn, but the process took too long and many complained about the visuals of the game. I overhauled the graphics halfway through and have gotten a much more positive response.

I also ended up changing much of the gameplay, the game had more weapons at first, but was too slow, and complicated (there were motions, double-tapping to run, etc). Now I've implemented a "burst dash" that players can build by doing combos, or even taking damage, no more motions, weapons and moves are all button presses. Here's a trailer that shows some gameplay:

I plan on having enough done to get a demo released in 4 months or so, with another trailer to go along with it, right now the game doesn't have any sounds, and I'm still adding different enemy types

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:17:24 PM by occultuscmd » Logged
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:57:46 AM »

Woah! Very interesting. To be honest, I haven't played too many Metroidvanias (aside from the likes of actual Metroid and Castlevania).

However, your fighting mechanics could be really neat for the genre. It'd be like Retro City Rampage meets Metroid.

Great video / trailer, too! Gives a good idea about the gameplay.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic