Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: NESIA

May 09, 2024, 07:54:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 453656 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2014, 05:21:08 PM »

Wink

Guess that the visual style of game need a little bit more of color, like on this awesome mockup.

But guys, don't listen to anyone, you are doing great game!  Hand Money Left
And i vote for a panties!  ^__^

_rephil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2014, 08:00:30 AM »

Love everything about this project. Gorgeous visuals, animations, designs, etc. Very inspiring!

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2014, 08:06:41 AM »

Very nice art!

FraktalZero
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »

Awesome artwork, and mostly, animations are really cool! Keep bringing more updates guys!
secv
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »

Thank you for responding. I know you would like to move on from the topic now that you've made it clear what your intentions are. However, before I end my contribution to the discussion, there is something I would like to touch on in your reply.

She is more like Ripley/Sarah Connor ( but way sweeter ) who doesn’t care about people seeing her legs. She does it because she wants to. Also, this is kind of a tribute.

First, it's not about seeing her legs it's the underwear. Remember, there are ways to show leg that do not emphasize the "sexy triangle" area. As for it being a tribute to Ripley and Sarah Connor, there are more interesting things about those characters than what they wear under their pants. Sarah Connor is special because she sacrifices any possibility at a normal life not only for herself, but for her own son in order to safeguard humanity's future. She is strong in the face of persecution and imprisonment in a situation that, frankly, would have most people second guessing themselves.

Having your character show her panties is a tribute to the *scene* in Alien when Ripley undresses. It is not a tribute to Ripley herself as she cannot be summed up so simply. Please, remember what makes the characters you like special and work toward expressing their essence, their spirit, the core of what makes them an interesting character. Do not just repeat their actions. Otherwise you'll end up with a character that points to other things to define itself without any personality of its own.

And finally, to be honest, I’m not totally happy with the timing of the original animation, I think this can be improved, she must jump in the moment that the trousers touch the floor instead of waiting that long, but this is only the result of my limited skills as an animator, nothing more.

It is good to hear you are listening and perhaps considering feedback.

Thanks again for all your support guys, at the end of the day, all this means that people care about the game, and for that I'm really grateful to all of you.

You're welcome. We do care. I do care. I didn't take the time to write because I'm offended at seeing a woman in her underwear. I'm writing because I don't see how it makes the game, or its story, better.

Thank you for reading.
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »

Okay, that's enough with beating the dead horse. Now mind leaving the guy alone so he can focus on showing more sexy pixels?  Coffee

sephi_6
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2014, 02:30:30 AM »

Guys, you're game looks awesome, I really like the gifs and the scenes. I'm looking foward to see more about this. Go Irkalla!

SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2014, 05:41:43 AM »

Wow what amazing animation that is.

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2014, 08:06:44 AM »

Wow, this looks gorgeous, I will definitely be following this project.

“If you look for beauty, you will find it.”
UmutD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2014, 09:32:36 AM »

Amazing art & animation. Hand Clap I'm pretty curious about how gameplay will turn out. 

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »

Hi everyone!  Smiley

@Boxpipe
@Bandreus
@wzl
@Jove

Thanks for the support guys!!!  Smiley Smiley

Wink

<3<3 oh man, I didn’t realize that it was you until now! I totally love your work!!!! Thank you a lot for making this mash-up, it’s totally awesome!! ahah. This version of the power loader reminds me of the scv from StarCraft, which makes me like it even more!  Kiss

...actually, why not include the second option "randomly."  It would actually enhance the initial option and create some interesting variety.   Smiley
You have to use this as a joke every tenth time you're on the start screen or something.

Okay, what about this; we are going to use this as secret content, just for the people of this forum, if you type ‘nopanties’ I will change the animation  Grin, ‘yespanties’ to bring back the original one. @dhontecillas: “WTF are you doing?”  Mock Anger

@Paul Eres Thank you a lot for taking the time to comment!

@Ouren  Wink

@Netsu Netsu Thaaaaaaaaank you! I would really like to participate more in the discussions, to explain the “whys” myself, but if I do that, I will not have time to work on the game, so, this kind of interest and activity like yours is super helpful for us Smiley

@konidias the video from the link has been removed, but I think I know what scene you want to show us ahah

@NinthPower Thanks!! ahah, we feel the pressure

Guess that the visual style of game need a little bit more of color, like on this awesome mockup.

Thanks!! yep, maybe you are right. But honestly, for me to find a color palette, which works nicely, would take twice as much time and since I don’t have too much time, I prefer to keep it simpler and more economic. But yes, we are going to try to have zones with more colors which you will be able to distinguish clearly thanks to them (I didn’t have the time to comment on your new bosses, I am going to do that right now  Smiley )

@_rephil
@AD1337
@FraktalZero

Thanks guys! Glad you like it ^___^

I end my contribution to the discussion
Thanks!!!  Smiley

@Bandreus thanks again for the support dude, we are on it!

@sephi_6
@SelfTitled
@26PM
@umutD

Thanks a lot! more to come  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:00:24 PM by Skydsgaard » Logged

AsaNYC
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2014, 11:41:44 PM »

Found you on Polycount and tracked you down here.  Absolutely love this artwork and wish you good luck in your project.
DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:16 AM »

That gameplay test video looked pretty promising, any more footage on the way?

millyrainbow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2014, 05:23:49 PM »

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
if i had any.
Anyway yes. Very much looking forwards to this, it is amazing lookings O:

I noticed some issues with the panties thing, but i honestly dont see the big issue. Its obviously not being used as a naughty fanservice shot, and honestly it reminds me a bit of strike witches, except with a ton less fan service
if my vote counted, id say keep it the way it is.

Though if you want to please everyone, make it optional in the settings. Like have a setting thats like 'mature content On/off' and have it off by default. They are doing this very thing with Unepic, and people seem to be content with this.

But as i said, i think it would take from the character to remove it completely. (so obviously i would have mature content on >:3)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2014, 06:37:04 AM »

shut up and take their panties

Reddy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2014, 01:22:17 PM »

I'm registered special for this post)

So, guys, if you stopped this project - I find you  Evil
Quz u idea is awesome. Kepp goin', I and couple of my friends waiting this game) Specialy if u realize all of u promise's on first post))

ps. With love from Ukraine, and sorry for my English Smiley
Stitch Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2014, 06:11:50 AM »

This game is one of the most stunning displays of pixel art I've ever seen! Cannot wait to have a go on this. Keep up the AMAZING work.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2014, 06:33:04 AM »

7 pages about panties

My Word!

The art/anim looks great though.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2014, 06:51:56 AM »

Cool animations, I hope you folks are still working on this, that menu is very juicy! I also thought the undressing was a cool Alien 1 quote when Ripley enter the space suit.

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »

Hi everyone! Smiley

@AsaNYC

Thanks a lot! super glad you like it  Grin

@DarthBenedict

We are working right now on the next one  Smiley

@millyrainbow

Thanks!! We will see. Wink

@Skomakar'n

ahah, noooo, keep the panties aloooneee

@Reddy

wooooo dude, that is really appreciated, thanks a lot. This is super motivating . We are going to try to achieve all that and more.

All my love for you too.. It's awfull what is going on in your country dude...I hope it's over soon without more people being killed...

@Stich Games

Thanks a lot man, this kind of comment...really, when I come home from work and read this, it's like, I must make more pixels!

@rek

ahah, yeah, we want to leave that behind soon xD Thanks for the nice comments!

@santaragione

Glad you like the quote! Smiley

Now, sorry for not posting any updates for a long time, but this is because we are working super hard ^_^U. Soon, we are going to release our new footage, I don't want to ruin the surprise so you will have to stay tunned to find out Smiley

But in the mean while, I want to share this:

Enemies take breaks too!

This is an idea for when you continue playing from the last check point by loading the game or after being killed. The scene will appear from a black screen, and the mc will jump into the campfire, spreading the fire and making the demons run while they burn

hope you like it Smiley more to come!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:10:02 PM by Skydsgaard » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic