Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:33:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPIONEERS (Build 7)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
Print
Author Topic: PIONEERS (Build 7)  (Read 150007 times)
absenter
Level 1

I push pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: February 09, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »

Glad to see I'm not the only one still plugging away. Keep it up. Smiley

Nova
Level 0

Redhead, Metalhead, Headyhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: June 09, 2018, 12:24:20 AM »

Just came across this game and wanted to say I think it looks great. Is progress still being made on this? Smiley

Graphic Designer @ Logic Artists
LordEd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 26, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »

Hey, I am a new player of Pioneers and I love the game. I'm a big fan of the exploration and history genre, so this game is right up my alley. However, I did stumble across some bugs with the game. I was wondering if this game is still in development? It's got such great potential and I would really love to see more updates made to this game.
Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: August 27, 2018, 07:51:34 AM »

It's literally been over a year since he last updated this thread. I think that might speak for itself, sadly.

LordEd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 27, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »

Yes, but the developer has been active on the forums not too long ago. I sent him a PM. We'll see what happens. Sorry to bring this up again. This thread is practically dead. XD
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: August 27, 2018, 09:34:41 AM »

Hey guys!

I haven't given up on this yet but I want to finish something else first. Pioneers is still my baby but honestly it (and life in general) became overwhelming a few years ago and I completely fell off everything. It took me too long to realize the current scope is completely unrealistic. It needs a re-think. But what would it have to be turned into to be able to complete I have no idea yet...

I'm thankful for all the comments and faith you've all put into this over the years. Truly. It's one of the reasons I haven't given up completely. Seeing eigenbom sail into port with Moonquest is definitely a motivational boost as well Smiley

QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: August 28, 2018, 07:05:28 AM »

Glad to hear you haven't given up on the project. Sometimes taking a step away is the right move though. I've got a couple of games like that as well. Best of luck!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 28, 2018, 07:27:45 AM »

it (and life in general) became overwhelming a few years ago
We've all been there. Sometimes we need a break, sometimes for very long periods

I'm sure you can bring this to a satisfactory completion! Smiley
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 28, 2018, 07:40:59 AM »

If you work on sth on and off, you get to have a fresh(er?) pair of eyes more often.

Maybe long development time even has other positive sides?

gornova
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: August 28, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »

great to see update on Pioneers!
I think that a smaller scope is fine, with more refined mechanics.

This summer I've read Designing Games: A Guide to Engineering Experiences, by Tynan Sylvester (disclaimer: not affiliated) and I've found inside this book an useful tool to design games. Simply write down on paper mechanics as boxes, then connect together forming dependencies. Really useful to control game scope, for me

Blog | Last game Number+
LordEd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 28, 2018, 02:02:15 PM »

Great, I'm happy to see that Pioneers is still being updated/developed. I'll have to read that book gornova. I'm not thinking of pursuing a career in game design, but I guess it could be one of my hobbies. I always wanted to develop games like the ones that Sid Meier created and Pioneers had a "Sid Meier" feel that appeals to me. Very inspiring to my possible hobby! Smiley
a_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #791 on: August 29, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »

I too just stumbled upon this one. The game looks wonderful. I haven't played it yet, but it looks like it's already beyond a development point that it would be a shame that it didn't have a commercial release. I hope Eigen can scope it properly, fix those bugs, and start earning something from it.
soulburner
Level 0

Developer/co-founder at Lazy Bear Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #792 on: November 19, 2018, 04:56:22 AM »

Just found this game and was very upset there were no updates last 3 years Sad

Looks very interesting.

LazyBearGames.com
Creator of Punch Club, Graveyard Keeper.
bitbeast
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: October 02, 2019, 03:50:21 AM »

If it helps to keep up your motivation: I just stumbled upon this game and have been searching for that kind for a long time. It is like Pirates with heavy focus on exploration. I know life can be much work so no pressure. But updates or a release of the game won't go unnoticed. Are you on Facebook in the Indie Game Developers group? Maybe you can get some help there (but maybe it should stay your very own baby Smiley

Mete
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 26, 2021, 02:01:39 PM »

Eigen, how is it going? Any plans to finish Pioneers?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic