Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 05:49:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMy newest game: Respawn Man
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: My newest game: Respawn Man  (Read 8073 times)
tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »

For my warm ups tonight I made some Respawn Man fan art. Hehe I kind of based this off of the sprites that Scattle made, so I gave him a huge strong guy body and wimpy little legs.

http://tylerjhutchison.deviantart.com/art/Respawn-Man-188188136
Kudos again on a cool game, I am really excited for the end result.

tylersaurus.com | twitter | blog | wedrawcomics.com -- software engineer by day, comic book artist/game dev by night.
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 01:12:37 AM »

Comparisons to Kill Me! are unavoidable. You need to either beat it at its own game or put a different spin on things. Luckily, being a web game rather than a downloadable one, it isn't incredibly deep (even if it is a good game), and I think there's plenty of things you could try to that the other game didn't have: the corpse boats for instance are hilariously sick  Beer!

Keep it up, don't be disappointed!

simono
Level 1

screen.blit(fun)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 04:11:37 AM »

excellent i love it! great idea.
Zaphos
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 04:28:06 AM »

Comparisons to Kill Me! are unavoidable.
Another game with a similar concept (but not quite as similar!) that you might want to check out is SeppuKuties; it starts from the same basic concept but goes in a rather different direction from Kill Me!, since it has a constant pressure to minimize death count.
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 05:24:45 AM »

I posted just to say that I love SolidPlasma's picture of Death giving the Finger.
Solidplasma
Level 0

"I exist to create."

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2010, 03:32:54 PM »

Holy crap, guys! Thanks for the overwhelmingly positive feedback! I was honestly worried I'd get flamed a bit, but you guys are either being really supportive, or constructively critical. @tylerjhutchison: That kicks ass, I'm about to go compliment it on your deviantart page, thanks again for the appreciation! @willbefast Yeah, someone linked to that earlier in the thread, I was kind of concerned when I saw it, but I think I'm taking it in a different enough direction. More people actually compare it to The Company of Myself, which I guess is because it's better known. @simono & @snowyowl Thanks, guys! Knowing people appreciate my work is the reason I continue to work on it. :D

Scattle and I are currently reconstructing the game from scratch, using the previous build for reference. We'll post something when it becomes presentable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic