Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411635 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 08:42:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNOCTU
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NOCTU  (Read 3059 times)
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2010, 03:58:28 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm Sengir and my team is Pixel From Outer Space, I introduced myself long time ago, so maybe you don't remember me so much :-) I would like to show you my main project, it's name is Noctu.

Noctu is an horror/adventure game set in the first '900 and it is inspired by the gloomy atmosphere of the tales of H. P. Lovecraft. The protagonist is Adam Danforth, a researcher of chemistry and physics at the University of Pittsfield, who will receive a letter from her sister-in-law Helen, which is announced the sad death of Adam's brother, Karl, in mysterious circumstances. The protagonist goes straight to the rural village where Karl lived, spending the night in brother's house but, suddenly, a bloodcurdling scream awakes him. The adventure begins here.

The peculiarity of Noctu is the dynamic light of the lantern in Adam's hands, with which you can discover in-game clues and locations. Over time the oil unloaded the lantern, and the light will become weaker and weaker, the player must find a way to not fall into the hands of darkness.

Stages and animations are completely in 2D, to evoke more the idea of interactive comic book/cartoon. So each frame that makes the movement works was hand-drawn and colored digitally.

The player can also interact with objects found in various stages, examining and combining them to create useful objects to overcome obstacles in the game.

http://
Noctu is still a work in progress, we hope to make it public in 2010, but we don't want to speak out too much because our work absorbs us each day, and it's not simple to find spare time. When there are important updates we will publish them on our blog, so you can comment the game or give us suggestions on anything you would like to be implemented.

Today we released the trailer for Noctu, I hope you find it interesting..

Sorry for my english, for every dubt or critique I'm here to answer! ENJOY!!

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:58:03 AM »

I'm loving the style of this. Very moody. Seems to fit the story very well. I did notice some spelling/grammar errors in the trailer, though. Since the game is text based (I'm guessing there's no voice acting?), it'd probably be a good idea to get a native English speaker to proof read it.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:31 AM »

Thanks for comment!! Before releasing the final version of the game we will correct all the grammar mistakes...english isn't our native lenguage so it's normal I think :-) other comments? Smiley

Retroman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:27:16 AM »

Wow, this looks fantastic! I really like the style and the atmosphere, so I hope the gameplay will be just as good.

Good luck with finishing what already looks like quite a promising game!
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:27:45 AM »

I also have a question, the demo of Noctu is almost ready to be released, but we don't know if is better to wait, because to complete the game we have a lot of stuff to do...maybe is better to release an unofficial demo here for testing and for receive feedbacks from users? what do you think about it? what was your experience with your games?

Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 04:36:22 AM »

any suggestions for this? During these days I thought maybe is better to release something also if the game is not finished, I think it's better because I could create a sort of "community" around the project that would help us to increase the quality of the game during development...what do you think about this? thanks to everyone!

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 02:33:05 AM »

You might do that. Also, I'd be more than willing to proofread the English version for you if you can provide both your English and Spanish scripts.
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 02:56:47 AM »

Our native language is Italian, at the moment we have a translator for English, but you could make a final check for errors...we will appreciate that!

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 06:26:05 AM »

Ah, should have looked more closely - at first glance all that looked like Spanish >_<
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »

Yesterday we completed a new background for Noctu,it took long time (20 hours) and patience to be done, here you will see only three portions of the background, but it's actually 7168 pixels long. At first was realized the drawing of the outlines, then various elements have been colored with different shades of gray, than were applied shadows and lights, and finally the details (leaves and mist). If you are interested in the method of realization, next time we will make a video that will follow step by step the procedure. Critiques and comments are always welcome.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:58:51 PM by Sengir » Logged

Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

When life gives you lemons, make an internet craze

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »

This all seems very moody and cool!

If I were you, I'd have Adam be from Miskatonic University, but maybe that's just me.

Also, yes, I would love to see an unofficial demo.

"Sweet Sacajewea, Batmanifestdestiny!  We've struck GOLD!" -Joseph, Utah Wonder

You have to plagierize the Italian.
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »

here some updates for Noctu, we are drawing a lot and fixing the code, here you can see two new backgrounds:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic