Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 02:27:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNorrland - NSFW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Norrland - NSFW  (Read 13206 times)
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »

if you hover over the water long enough, it will go away. just stay on the same screen for a bit longer and land when the water disappears
It's supposed to be fire, I thought the colors were an obvious hint. Seen someone else say water as well, dunno what gives. Same solution either way Gentleman
deathtotheweird
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »

hmm yeah I only said it was water because I heard someone else say water, I didn't know what it was..and my memory was a little off so I didn't feel confident saying any different. At least now I know  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »

Great job with this Cactus.  Really fun and interesting.  I always thought the ground was pavement that was really hot and then when the sun becomes covered up it cools down.

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »

Man, my graphics card throws a fit with Game Maker surfaces, and practically every you game you do uses them. Sad
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »

I get stuck on the bird dream.  Sad

if you hover over the water long enough, it will go away. just stay on the same screen for a bit longer and land when the water disappears
Thanks!

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 04:56:58 AM »

I can't believe I didn't see this thread three days ago.  I love every cactus game.

hi
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 06:57:45 AM »

This is... neat. Though I had gotten stuck on the bird dream as well. Am going back to play again now.

krimelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »

Freaking awesome!  Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »

Fantastic work, cactus! It's fun to play and really kind of melancholy and scary (even if it doesn't take itself seriously at all). The first shitting minigame was... pretty horrific due to the surprise. The interrogation at the end is also really amazingly done.

Awesome job, dude! Beer!
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »

Glad the game manages to be disturbing despite the crude graphics and non-existent gameplay Smiley

I especially enjoyed creating the nightmares, maybe I'll do another collection of random disturbing minigames sometime.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »

cactusware: strange microgame action!  Tiger

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 06:41:06 PM »

Glad the game manages to be disturbing despite the crude graphics...

I think that without the Atari-style giant misshapen pixels and cactus-style GM surface abuse it wouldn't have had half the atmosphere it did.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 09:32:03 AM »

I think this is the first of my games that has received the most attention in Sweden. Today there was a full review in national newspaper Aftonbladet where the game was reviewed next to Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that the game is so provocative, or that it's in Swedish, or that it has a sort of Swedish theme in general that makes it interesting compared to my other games. Probably a combination. I really didn't see it coming either way Smiley
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »

i think subgroups tend to like games that are specifically about them

i remember that 'the shivah' by david gilbert (which had jewish themes and starred a rabbi having a crisis of faith) got a ton of reviews in jewish publications, just because there are so few games specifically about that subgroup

deathtotheweird
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 01:07:36 PM »

I especially enjoyed creating the nightmares, maybe I'll do another collection of random disturbing minigames sometime.

My friend actually brought that up when I was showing him the game. WarioWare except disturbing and graphic. Would be pretty cool..
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »

that was great

except the bird dream which was kinda confusing, because theres no feeling of you moving
and the knife dream was the worse because the gravity seemed kinda random and sometimes you just couldnt do anything but maybe that was the point i guess
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 07:01:37 PM »

Wasn't this game sold for money before?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »

Wasn't this game sold for money before?

Cactus held an auction for ten copies that came with a manual and a box and whatnot. Now that those copies are sold, he's giving the game sans extras for free to everyone.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »

This is probably one of the freshest games I've played lately.

savagewhimsy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »

Um? Am I missing something? My game seemed to be stuck fucking the moose and no matter how much I pressed Z or any other button, I couldn't escape that little, um, scene. I eventually ESC'd out, and I'm not sure if I have the patience to try playing through again.

(I found the game absolutely riveting up until this point, by the way)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:58:20 PM by savagewhimsy » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic