Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 02:12:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNorrland - NSFW
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Norrland - NSFW  (Read 13205 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »

Aw crap, another damn cactus game. Well, guess I gota go put on my fireproof socks find my tampon bite-plate fore'st I get into this.. brb.

**off to play**

Wouhgh.... um. and i get told my head is a scary place nobody wants to be in.  Shocked
But honestly yeah this is a really cool and interesting cactus-game!  Great animation and clever things abound. Because of this game, I have done things I always do, always wanted to do, and never knew I always wanted to do.  God Cactus, first you wipe your award off on me and then you drag me into the woods and make me play with your cock.

But in short, It's good stuff. I'm placing it alongside Shotgun Ninja, the 2 mondo games, and Burn The Trash, in my collection. A solid keeper.

Now, i must go scrub my brain.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 03:34:09 AM »

Um? Am I missing something? My game seemed to be stuck fucking the moose and no matter how much I pressed Z or any other button, I couldn't escape that little, um, scene. I eventually ESC'd out, and I'm not sure if I have the patience to try playing through again.

(I found the game absolutely riveting up until this point, by the way)
That's pretty close to the end, and although I think the three scenes you are missing are among the best the game has to offer, I'm not sure they warrant another playthrough.

Just tap z as fast as you can until the scene is over. You have to reach maximum speed to beat that minigame.
savagewhimsy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 05:07:54 AM »

Just tap z as fast as you can until the scene is over. You have to reach maximum speed to beat that minigame.

It seemed like there was a certain point in tapping Z rapidly that my dude would slow way down. I'm thinking my laptop keyboard might be more to blame, however.
sauyadav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 07:38:49 AM »

I played till second shit minigame Smiley
deathtotheweird
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 09:07:39 AM »

I played till second shit minigame Smiley

why'd you stop there? game isn't that long, and the ending is more than worth seeing at least once.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 12:47:57 PM »

It's hard to tell if he's saying the minigames are shit or if he's talking about the actual shitting minigames.

Cactus games discussions, eh?

I'm also on the boat that believe the Cactus-style graphics enhance the creepiness more than anything. They make everything seem abstract and surreal, like a disturbing dream you can't wake up from.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »

If this game has taught me anything, it's that "AR DU BÖG?" is Swedish for "ARE YOU A FAG?".
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »

I've still not finished Akushizoku.But I can't help coming back to it. Good stuff. You should frontpage this guy .

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »

Everybody make games like this, please.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 09:11:26 AM »

hey, how am I supposed to shit in the game?

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »

hey, how am I supposed to shit in the game?

In the shit minigames, you're supposed to press "z" really fast.
JoGribbs
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »

This is the first game I've played by cactus.

I reeeeaaally liked it. Especially how uncomfortable it made me feel when I had to try my absolute hardest to fuck a dead moose or stab myself in the head. Made me examine my priorities in life.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 04:41:52 AM »

Managed to get a little further though I couldn't get past wolves and accidentally pressed Quit in game over screen  Shrug Maybe I'll try again some other day and get past the wolves.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 06:24:54 AM »

This is the first game I've played by cactus.

I reeeeaaally liked it.

Glad you liked it!

Especially how uncomfortable it made me feel when I had to try my absolute hardest to fuck a dead moose or stab myself in the head.

That was exactly what I wanted to accomplish with the game, so it's really good to hear that it worked Smiley
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »

I think I finished the game and have so say it really were disturbing but refreshing experience Beer! Actually I should play more your games whenever I manage to get some time Smiley

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 11:14:48 AM »

I think around the shit dream I stopped, not because I was grossed out, but because if any of my siblings saw me playing it they would probably think that something is wrong with me Big Laff

I still thought it was pretty fun though, and I plan to finish it this weekend when I'm away.

Nektonico
Level 2

Time traveller graffiti

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 05:45:28 PM »

This isnt life / death / island  Concerned Im deeply distraught

And i think this might be the first game in history to feature a russian roulette minigame.  Hand Joystick WTF  Hand Any Key

He was built by the worlds finest surgeons to drive the fastest car ever designed and nothing can stop him now. ಠ_ృ
“The greatest misfortune is when theory outstrips performance.” - Leonardo DaVinci
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »

Got recognized twice for Norrland when I was out last night. Pretty amazing Shocked
mirosurabu
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2010, 12:29:15 AM »

God that was good!

The way you manage to nail the atmosphere and introduce the content is pretty good. I also loved that the hunting became challenging towards the end, the...bears, right?

So yeah, this is awesome and I wish it was longer (:

Also, the end was rather surprising as it wasn't..looking like the end. If there was at least "The End" text it would be a bit less surprising. I guess the reason is the lack of instructions throughout the game, so I couldn't figure out if the end was a mini-game or..well..the end.

Also, it took me a while to find out how to piss properly, as I was bashing the button instead of holding it down. (:
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 12:44:05 AM »

I'm really digging the visuals, there's some really clever stuff going on.

Most of all I love the visual approach to the translations. It's sort of a simple thing but somehow elevates the atmosphere a lot, I really like how the subtitles appear on top of the game, undisturbed by the noise layers. In the trailer it looks like it was added after the fact for trailering purposes but in the game the visual trick sets off all sorts of associations with film festivals and scandinavian cinema.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic