Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:03:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNorrland - NSFW
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Norrland - NSFW  (Read 13203 times)
Kepa
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »

I really liked the game but got discouraged and then stuck on one of the minigames, apparently shortly before the ending.

I barely got past the moose corpse rape thing.  At first I thought I was doing something wrong, like maybe the moose corpse rape was mouse controlled?  Or maybe it was like the part in Warioware for the Wii where you had to make grunting sounds into a microphone to make your character rape the moose corpse.  Then I realized the whole thing was just really Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key in order to get out of the rape the moose corpse segment.

Then the knife scene happened and I told myself that closing the game counted as an alternate ending.  I am really curious as to how the game ends, though.  Will have to give it another shot sometime.
Squiggly_P
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »

The moose rape scene should have involved grunting into the mic.

Great little experience, this game, but it seems to not like my computer very much. It seems there is no alpha channel going on so everything has a back box around it where I'm assuming there's supposed to be background showing through. It made several parts pretty confusing, and some of the text was unreadable.

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 03:27:34 PM »

No, there's supposed to be black boxes around anything. I think. It happens on my comp, and I just assumed that it's part of the game.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »

No, it's a bug with surfaces in game maker I think. Happens on my friends laptop as well.

this is what it should look like.
RandyO
Level 0

I should laugh out loud more.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 07:21:09 PM »

Really great game. Great everything about it.  Sound, art, interaction, mood.  (Though it took me a while to realize I had to use the z-key.  :-p)

I also love the "shitty-pixel" style because you use it so well. Seriously, it's done so well the way it abstracts faces.  Reminds me of this really unsettling series of self-portraits by a man with progressing alzheimer's disease. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/health/24alzh.html That series of pictures scares me tons just because it shows how precariously our minds are balanced on the edge.

How long did this take you to make?

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »

Funny coincidence - just recently I found all of these portraits collected together in order at a Japanese blog somewhere. The post didn't have any text, but I could tell from the comments and the content of other pictures that the post was to give a bunch of disturbing or just weird images. Anyway, it didn't say anything about the origin of anything, but I sort of gathered that there were an artist's descent into illness.

Thanks for linking this, nice to know the backstory.
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2010, 03:06:21 PM »

I'm a bit late to the party, but I loved playing this game.. very weird in a good way.
beer's good!

took me a few attempts to realise I had to punch the 2nd wolf though.. kept trying to shoot it in time over and over again :p

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
deathtotheweird
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2010, 08:39:15 AM »

one of the best reviews I've ever read on Rock Paper Shotgun:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/11/30/at-the-steps-of-the-bone-hut-norrland

The article warns before it starts getting into major spoilers, but still-make sure you play it before reading it.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2010, 01:54:21 PM »

That was a nice review for sure! Thanks for telling me! I thought the game had already been forgotten Smiley
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »

No way is Norrland forgotten – I just sent the game to some friends at The Criterion Collection. You're the Harmony Korine of games.

googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »

No way is Norrland forgotten – I just sent the game to some friends at The Criterion Collection. You're the Harmony Korine of games.

only i know who cactus is without looking at wikipedia
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2010, 09:59:20 PM »

I was reminded of the existence of this by the RPS review, and finally played it. Great game! I found it deeply disturbing. I think the button mashing sequences and video filters actually work really well to give kind of a Brechtian alienation effect. I can definitely see the David Lynch influence: it feels like a weird, broken arcade machine you'd find upon stumbling into an oddly lit diner at four in the morning.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2010, 06:13:30 AM »

I was reminded of the existence of this by the RPS review, and finally played it. Great game! I found it deeply disturbing. I think the button mashing sequences and video filters actually work really well to give kind of a Brechtian alienation effect. I can definitely see the David Lynch influence: it feels like a weird, broken arcade machine you'd find upon stumbling into an oddly lit diner at four in the morning.

One that isn't there anymore when you go back the next day.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic