Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 13, 2024, 11:29:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRadical Fishing
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Radical Fishing  (Read 4286 times)
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2010, 03:35:20 AM »

A game about fishing like a man.

PLAY

This is the first game we (quickly) made with vlambeer, it's aimed at a typical flash audience and all that, now it's out on bored.com.

Enjoy?!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:30:43 AM by jwaap » Logged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:10:37 AM »

Awesome.

hi
Noisefever
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:20:28 AM »

I second that. much fun! Smiley
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 05:29:41 AM »

The game is very nice, but I don't understand (from the point of view of the plot) why you've to shoot at fishes. Does catching them with a landing net sound more reasonable? However it's really fun, congratulations!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »

Yeah I love this game!  You have a knack of making simple mechanics very addictive, JW.

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 05:31:39 AM »

the plot
what?

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 05:34:37 AM »

Fun! Especially once you get the chainsaw. Evil

Didn't really compel me for high-score or competitive runs once I finished upgrading. Felt like there was some strategy there (like saving some boost for the return voyage so that the jellyfish were easier to dodge), which is nice.

I was annoyed that once I picked up the treasure chest and shot it, a Bored.com pop-up obscured half the screen, causing me to scramble to close it and not lose all my fish.

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 06:00:15 AM »

the plot
what?

Sorry for my english... I would say that I don't understand why after you've catched a fish you also have to shoot to it. But it's fun, and it's the most important thing.

Bini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 06:18:25 AM »

Totally rad and...

What's up with that blue fish with a strange face that you encounter 300m and below? It isn't in the fishopedia.
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:55 AM »

That's a really fun neat game. I'm definitely going to keep coming back to play this Wink

The music's pretty nice too Smiley

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »

really fun but why does it lag like crazy for me? Sad
thecatamites
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 08:23:27 AM »

this was a lot of fun, good job! i was a little disappointed there weren't more weird species of fish in the depths since it felt like they were mostly in the 100-200 range but whatever. i liked shooting the fish in the air too. also i generally find upgrade shops etc to be kind of annoying or intrusive in games but it worked really well here since everything was helpful or neat looking. overall i guess you could say i had a "whale of a time"  Wink Wink Wink

MaloEspada
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »

really fun but why does it lag like crazy for me? Sad

same with me. i'm going to assume it's because of Flash.

either way, the little i played was really fun : D
i wish i could play at a better speed though s:
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 11:25:36 AM »

Aye, laggy, when there are lots of objects on the canvas at one time (usually lots of blood and guts!!!!). Might be worth making a downloadable version? My browser always eats a bunch of RAM.

But I digress; game = rad.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »

sure any man can fish with a pole. but it takes a real man to do it in a business suit with a rocket launcher. so far

i think i've just started getting to the amoebas and glowing shrimp. great job!
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 01:55:56 PM »

Dang this is a fun game. :D

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
VomitOnLino
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 02:13:37 PM »

The musik... oh god the music...   Kiss

This game flows & plays great, also I see that you already have your "Vlambeer" style down. In just 2 games!

Although like some others I cannot feel compelled to go for the HiScore list because the game, while very fun, feels a bit too lengthy to play for Hi-Score. Could be just a personality thing though.

Also sometimes the mouse left the canvas due to my frantic aim, and upon coming back aiming was super weird and the cursor was nowhere near where I expected it to be. (Chrome/Mac)

But even so, maybe add a less "grindy" score attack mode where they player starts out semi maxed out and the upgrades are disabled? Skill VS Skill, like real men. (And women of course.) Wink
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »

Just posting to say that this is the most fun I've had playing a flash game in a LOOOONG time. Amazing (AMAZING) job. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 04:00:21 PM »

This is great! I laughed loads of times.

The music remind me of Putt 'n' Putter for the Master System.

kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »

Pretty good! Although I totally crashed the game right near the end, which was sad. I had to shrink the browser window so I let my line reel itself in. By the time I started shooting the airborne ones, they were already descending pretty quick. A bunch of fish were hitting the water all at once, and I think I hit an exploding one at the same time and the game just looped audio really loud while nothing else updated. I closed it, only 3 upgrades away from being 'done'. Sad

-Put a white outline around the black money text so you can read how much you are getting in space. The contrast will help it pop and make it readable against the darker backgrounds.
-...nothing else right now. :D

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic