Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 02:52:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRadical Fishing
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Radical Fishing  (Read 4285 times)
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »

Bought every upgrade, good fun.

My only complaint is that the rocket launcher seems to be really clunky and annoying to use. IMO you should have made it go from rocket launcher TO smg (or whatever that one was called too lazy to check), instead of the other way around.

Also, is there a point to playing the game after you unlock everything? I haven't found all the fish yet (Missing 1) so maybe that might reveal something.

All in all, great game. Loved the music, btw.

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »

The game was great, as I had hoped when I saw your videos of it.
It would be nice to see the price of a fish in the Fishopedia. As well, when I was using weights, my hook sometimes would start inside of a fish, which was a bit annoying.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 06:16:42 PM »

Finished playing, unlocked everything, found all the fish except the anglerfish-looking one (and I think I saw a fish that was the bored.com face guy with a tail, but always out of the corner of the depth-lamp, so couldn't get a good look and never managed to catch it).

Definitely a fun hour or so worth of gameplay. Like Razz said, I didn't get a very good feel for the rocket launcher, I tried it once right after buying it and switched back to the SMG (I probably could have given it a couple more goes, but I was caught up in making money to buy upgrades). The transition from sky to space was very cool, as was juggling the fish to keep them in the air. One thing I wish had been there would have been the ability to click on the boat or a button or something to skip having to wait for all the blood to finish raining down. As someone else noted, after catching a lot of fish and blowing them up, the abundance of blood caused the game to slow down noticeably if you'd flung up a lot of fish.

Is the game finished, then? Do you plan on doing a sequel at some point? It would seem the game has some good design space left to explore.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
AG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »

I had a lot of fun with this, well done. The only bug I found was that if you shot the fish up above 90, then outer space would end abruptly and the sky went back to being blue.
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 03:33:31 AM »

<3 so much. Stop making games I wish I had made.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 06:58:36 AM »

Cool game. Surprised you avoided most of the stereotype fishes (although some are mammals, I know), like whale, shark, dolphin, squid, seal, manatee etc.

Amazed that it works so well with basically no animations Cool
increpare
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:26 AM »

Tried the flash version out there - it's really slow on my laptop (newish macbook pro), but I have the debug flash player installed so maybe you should disregard that.  It's very noticably slow on sophie's laptop as well, though, and she doesn't ('some intel graphics card, dual core processor, 1gig ram, 1ghz processor").
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »

Great game, got all the unlocks, all fishes and was on the bottom of the ocean Wink
Although you guys have awesome ideas, artstyle, gameplay and music, it is a shame that your games don't live up to this level of quality when it comes to the technical side. SCB loads forever and sometimes hangs completely, not to mention it can be awfully slow on some PCs. And now this game run SOOOO slow when there are hundreds of fishes dying and bleeding, plus the cursor keeps leaving the game-space and I loose control.

chumez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »

Plot: You are a badass fisher guy in a suit that catches the ocean, then blows it up.

Played it for an hour  Smiley
got all upgrades, blew some fish up.
Must catch 'em all ... only the blue face-fishguy remains.

Well done, you've made a really fun game!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »

This is the best game you've ever made.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 03:25:44 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Right

Master of all trades.
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 09:48:59 PM »

This was really fun, the descriptions are hilarious and the chilly music and nice pacing made me play through the whole item list!

I got the treasure! Also got the sponsorfish (?) but wasn't listed on the guide

It got a bit choppy and slow after 300m or so.
I have a notebook with this specs (You might not be interested thou :p):
AMD Turion II X2 M500 (2.2Ghz)
Ati Radeon HD 4200
4GB RAM

IMO you should have made it go from rocket launcher TO smg (or whatever that one was
I felt the same way

Cool game!

p.s. I've just realized I've been playing for a whole hour! :O

Working on HeliBrawl
porousnapkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »

I love it. Awesome aesthetic, great gameplay idea, and great execution. There's always a time for games where all you can do is get better, and this one hit me at just the right time. I will definitely recommend it to my friends.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic