Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 07:39:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTime warpist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Time warpist  (Read 1202 times)
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2010, 04:09:22 AM »

I just had a go at prototyping in java (I usually do that in c++/c#) and this is what came out: Time warpist

Basically, I wanted to make a platformer game that isn't unfair(like most of the previous ones I did are) and I think it turned out pretty well.

Feedback is appreciated Smiley
Pixelthief
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:07:13 AM »

Would be nice to have a video of it in addition to the video of it being made so we can tell what the heck it is- the java does not appear to work on my 64 bit windows 7 with everything updated.
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 05:10:06 AM »

Would be nice to have a video of it in addition to the video of it being made so we can tell what the heck it is- the java does not appear to work on my 64 bit windows 7 with everything updated.
can you describe what it does? I made it in win 7 x64 and tested it on a few other machines and it worked...
Pixelthief
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 05:22:15 AM »

I'd take a wild guess and say stuff created in the 32 bit jdk has troubles on a 64 bit jvm
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:29:29 AM »

I'd take a wild guess and say stuff created in the 32 bit jdk has troubles on a 64 bit jvm

try re-downloading it. I added the 64-bit dll.
Pixelthief
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 05:37:31 AM »

Ok seemed neat enough with the day/night mechanic, but I'd have one useful feedback- while I gather from the pendulums that things are supposed to move at different speeds at day or night, I think the player moving at warp speed might be a bug? The player speed was a bit inconsistent between levels, possibly an uncapped frame rate?
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 05:46:02 AM »

Ok seemed neat enough with the day/night mechanic, but I'd have one useful feedback- while I gather from the pendulums that things are supposed to move at different speeds at day or night, I think the player moving at warp speed might be a bug? The player speed was a bit inconsistent between levels, possibly an uncapped frame rate?
hmm...the frame rate should be capped at 60fps...looking into it now.
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 05:56:06 AM »

ok, should be fixed now. please download it and try again Smiley
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »

Worked fine for me but music did not play during game. Great idea, I enjoyed playing, thanks.
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 11:52:50 AM »

Worked fine for me but music did not play during game. Great idea, I enjoyed playing, thanks.
Glad you liked it. Smiley
Also, after the wall of text of "Loading texture...." in the console, is there something else printed when you start the game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic