Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 01:09:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGnome Mountain
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gnome Mountain  (Read 1758 times)
POLPandepic
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2010, 06:34:04 AM »

Gnome mountain is a real time strategy game where you build an under ground colony for a small group of gnomes. You have no direct control over your gnomes who will have their own AI personalities and needs. While not directly controlling their actions you can place down requests for buildings, tunnels, traps etc. Your gnomes will do their best to make your requests happen if they are kept healthy and happy.

Here is a link to my project page and more detailed information on the game, as well as more screen shots: http://www.indiedb.com/games/gnome-mountain

I'm looking for feedback on the visual style of the game, as well as any features people think would fit well into this kind of game that aren't mentioned here. The demo version is not quite ready to be put up for download yet as I'm still working on the user interface and I'm half way through the combat system, but I'll probably put up a demo version here to get player feedback sometime soon.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:22:46 AM »

graphics seem good, you can see what everything is supposed to be, not really much else to go on though, is the project not ready for a trailer and/or gameplay video?
POLPandepic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:29:08 AM »

I actually always intend to make a video, and then I get sidetracked by fixing something or adding something...

I'm going to post a video really soon, when my next batch of in-game artwork is ready and integrated into the game, I want to have a video showing industries of the game in action and how the gnomes go about their lives etc.
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 10:09:10 AM »

I really like the graphics, compliments! About features, I'm waiting for the video.

Jay Margalus
Level 0

designer and developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:59:27 PM »

I love the art, though it seems like the character art and the environment/background art seem to be following two different styles (the background art having more of an 8-bit vibe).  It's possible that I'm more sensitive to this because we've received similar comments on our art for Delve Deeper, and I don't even know if it's really a problem.

Great job so far, and I look forward to seeing more.

Former co-owner of Lunar Giant Studios (game company), former gamedev faculty at DePaul University. Now: Teaching entrepreneurship and design at Washington & Lee. On Twitter @jaymargalus.
theweirdn8
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:39:14 PM »

from the images it looks nice, since I wasn't able to download it.
I should google up on gnomes since I have no idea what they are famous for exactly...

-The (overly) ambitious open source cross-platform game engine.
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 05:20:49 AM »

is this a bit like a user friendly take on dwarf fortress?
I keep wanting to try DF but it's completely impenetrable to me, so if that's the direction you're taking I'm interested Smiley

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
POLPandepic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »

Partially inspired by Dwarf Fortress and also very much inspired by The Settlers 2 (my favorite RTS of all time) =)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic