Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411618 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 12:25:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRunning MAN [v1.5]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Running MAN [v1.5]  (Read 4143 times)
mayagames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »

Hi everybody... Grin

Just want to know Your opinion about game Running MAN I made within 24 hours for FGL Contest. All critique is highly appreciated 'cause I want to make full-featured version of the game...

Cheers, FD.

UPDATE:

New version of game is here:

Running MAN 1.5

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:27:03 AM by mayagames » Logged

Cocytus79
Level 0

Pathetic man-child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »

Really enjoying this ! Love the graphics and the gameplay was nice and tight. Great job, especially considering the time constraints.

Personally, I'd like to see a downloadable version at some point. That's just a personal thing though, I always prefer to download a game rather than play it on a site.
Alex Vostrov
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »

What are your plans for the full version?  Do you have a particular twist or hook that you want to explore?
mayagames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »

@Cocytus79

Thanks! I'll make downloadable version if people will kike it... Wink

@Alex Vostrov

Sorry, but my English is too poor to understand what You meant... Grin
But anyway now I'm working on version with new features and maps...

Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 02:25:49 AM »

The game is not bad at all for a 24h contest. The main critics I would make would be about the slowness of the game and the "heavy feeling" of the character's movement. It is called "Running man" right? Well, before to play it I was thinking about a speedy game like canabalt or something more fast and furious.

I was very frustrated by the heavyness of the character even if I play it until I finished it, because the level design was challenging.
mayagames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 05:17:28 AM »

The game is not bad at all for a 24h contest. The main critics I would make would be about the slowness of the game and the "heavy feeling" of the character's movement. It is called "Running man" right? Well, before to play it I was thinking about a speedy game like canabalt or something more fast and furious.

I was very frustrated by the heavyness of the character even if I play it until I finished it, because the level design was challenging.

Thanx. Yeah, a lot of people complaint on slowness so next version will be more dynamic...

Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 05:24:06 AM »

Thanx. Yeah, a lot of people complaint on slowness so next version will be more dynamic...

Then I will be waiting for your next version! Wink
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 07:59:31 AM »

I hope this has AHNULD and Richard Dawson in it.

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
BinaryMind
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »

My guess is the final game won't actually star Arnold!

What exactly kind of full game? I assume just a larger, freeware version? I'm hoping your adding in lots of cool puzzles. That is all I ask.
Curseman
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 10:52:07 PM »

I think the frustration comes from the fact that there's nothing you can do to move any faster than the screen's slow pace combined with how easy it is to die and have to start over.  If you could move the screen faster by running forward near the right edge it'd be better.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 01:08:00 AM »

This is really fun!  I like that it's slow... gives you enough time to think about whether to go for that coin or not.

Although I'd probably enjoy it a lot less if I didn't think I had a chance at a high score. Wink

More routes to take and more opportunities to increase your score if you have the guts/skill would be cool.

EDIT: Oh, I won!  I didn't realize how close I was to the end... well, a "full" version should definitely be longer, then!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:20:39 AM by Derek » Logged
mayagames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »

Thanx a lot Derek.
I'm already working on new version, it will have much more features and I hope it will last much longer(it depends on my imagination Corny Laugh)

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »

screenshots are a must

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 04:12:30 PM »

screenshots are a must
It's really small. Just play it.

I hope the full version has actual graphics, cos this looks really boring. Also I wish he didn't like- accelerate up to full speed. I wish he was going at the same speed all the time, then I'd die less.

Are you trying to make like an old Atari game out of the Running Man film? Cos if you are, then I think the title screen should be either an authentic old-school title screen, or authentic old-school boxart.
Curseman
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »

screenshots are a must

You can play it in your browser.
mayagames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »

Hi once again,
new version of game is here:

Running MAN 1.5

Updates:

* Scroll speed is 50% faster and game is more dynamic now
* Hero's control is more accurate
* Checkpoints system(SPACE - try again)
* New cool features like scrolling slow, destructable floor, moving platforms, jumping pad
* 2 new tight levels

All critique/feedbacks about what annoy most and what to add is highly appreciated... Tongue

Cheers, FD.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »

When falling from a large height onto a platform whose top side is level with a spike (like when jumping to collect the three coins in a column at the start of the first level, or when falling to collect the four diagonal coins from the moving platform in the first level), I sometimes died when I could have sworn I would have landed on the platform. I'm guessing that your code is checking for collision with spikes before collision with ground, when it should be after?

mayagames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 01:57:17 AM »

When falling from a large height onto a platform whose top side is level with a spike (like when jumping to collect the three coins in a column at the start of the first level, or when falling to collect the four diagonal coins from the moving platform in the first level), I sometimes died when I could have sworn I would have landed on the platform. I'm guessing that your code is checking for collision with spikes before collision with ground, when it should be after?

Yeah, the collisions sometimes are inaccurate a little bit due to Flixel standart logic thats why obstacles are little bit more dangerous Evil  Maybe later I'll make more investigations and will make them more accurate...

UPDATE: Fixed it. Now game appears to be easier...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:27:27 AM by mayagames » Logged

lifesgood510
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »

Simple and fun! The graphics themselves are simple and I like that, though I wonder if there could be more to it.  Really liking the jump distance.  Everytime I take a plunge I question if I'll make it or not.  Good level design.  Challenging but do-able.  Keep up the good work!
kevkoh1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »

Awesome game, and I think it has potential to go a lot further. The level design is great. At first I thought the scrolling was a little slow for the fact that I waiting for it to catch up with how fast i was moving, but as the level progressed I realized that was balanced out with how the levels were designed.

My biggest issue is that the pixel art is simple, and if you are going to go with that style I would just like to see it more detailed. With the game as good as it is now, I feel if you added a little more to the art aspect it would make the game even better.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic