Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 09:13:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNatural Evolution: A game for a cool dude's B-day
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Natural Evolution: A game for a cool dude's B-day  (Read 2488 times)
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »

Natural Evolution is the first game i feel i have done entirely myself which is to say my second game which is to say one that i have completely designed, programmed and drawn (yeah sorry the last part shows in the wrong way HHHEH)

It was made for my pal Frankie who pretty much introduced me to non-RPGMAKER-gamemaking, for his birthday last month

It's a game about aliens attacking earth because they always do that, so Frankie is all no way jorge i will kick your asses but frankie is but a human, so all the animals on the earth decide to help him and by help him i mean be his weapons so he can swing them at stuff
it features realistic evolution and currently only crustaceans, i guess i'll make the rest in expansion packs sold at fifty billion freebloons (like dubloons but invisible, shapeless and weightless)

i gave it to him last saturday (so three weeks late i am awesome)

I did the programming and Graphics but my pal Lurdiak did the sound effects and a sing-a-song and our netbuddy Chef Boyardee did the awesome chiptunes

so yeah i can't make menus worth a damn and interfaces can be wonky

screenshots are popular here but like i said i'm not crazy with graphics so this is all you get

http://www.mediafire.com/?jed1nwomdzy <-download link close to "pretty" picture

http://www.mediafire.com/?jed1nwomdzy <- another DL link for those who like being on bottom

WHAT IS IT YOU DO WELL THEN MR. MONSTER KING

i think i do fun not bad, you tell me!!!

oh yeah please include your score and current weapon with any feedback pleaasze
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:38:55 AM »

(the cool dude is totally ME by the way. Yes I am a cool dude!!! And I have the best friends, they make me games for my birthday!)

And that game is super awesome. I still cant beat the final boss though, did you update it yet to make it less impossible??!

BinaryMind
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »

Cool game. I thought it was pretty fun, especially for a game you probably didn't  spend too long a time on.

I liked the main theme song, but I have to say the boss music and most of the sound effects were rather terrible. I understand this is a goofy game (you play as basically Jeff Brudges with a crab) but I found those more grating.
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:07:53 PM »

the boss song i can understand it's not his best but the sound effects except the fuckblammo rockets? Really? Most people thought they were funny. Which ones did you find were the worse?

Yeah "too long" i dunno it's a lot of hours compared to the rest but yeah it's probably like 5-7 full days spread across 3 weeks

edit: also what weapons (crabs) did you get
Chef Boyardee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »

;)

Check out my game

Jacob_
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »

Natural Evolution is the first game i feel i have done entirely myself which is to say my second game which is to say one that i have completely designed, programmed and drawn (yeah sorry the last part shows in the wrong way HHHEH)

It was made for my pal Frankie who pretty much introduced me to non-RPGMAKER-gamemaking, for his birthday last month

It's a game about aliens attacking earth because they always do that, so Frankie is all no way jorge i will kick your asses but frankie is but a human, so all the animals on the earth decide to help him and by help him i mean be his weapons so he can swing them at stuff
it features realistic evolution and currently only crustaceans, i guess i'll make the rest in expansion packs sold at fifty billion freebloons (like dubloons but invisible, shapeless and weightless)

i gave it to him last saturday (so three weeks late i am awesome)

I did the programming and Graphics but my pal Lurdiak did the sound effects and a sing-a-song and our netbuddy Chef Boyardee did the awesome chiptunes

so yeah i can't make menus worth a damn and interfaces can be wonky

screenshots are popular here but like i said i'm not crazy with graphics so this is all you get

http://www.mediafire.com/?jed1nwomdzy <-download link close to "pretty" picture

http://www.mediafire.com/?jed1nwomdzy <- another DL link for those who like being on bottom

WHAT IS IT YOU DO WELL THEN MR. MONSTER KING

i think i do fun not bad, you tell me!!!

oh yeah please include your score and current weapon with any feedback pleaasze

For such a funny concept, it's a fun game, and like others have said, even more impressive given the amount of time you spent making it. The graphics are pretty good too, I really like the centipedes in the beginning.
BinaryMind
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 12:02:25 AM »

the boss song i can understand it's not his best but the sound effects except the fuckblammo rockets? Really? Most people thought they were funny. Which ones did you find were the worse?

Yeah "too long" i dunno it's a lot of hours compared to the rest but yeah it's probably like 5-7 full days spread across 3 weeks

edit: also what weapons (crabs) did you get
I found most of the sound effects bad though the swinging crab one was fine. Otherwise they generally sounded like they were being made with someone's mouth. I think the worst one was when hit that worm enemy.

As for weapons I only got two... don't remember the names but I never saw that Halloween crab.
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 04:26:28 AM »

well yeah they are all made by the amazing sound artist Lurdiaktm's mouth, so far in the testers you're in the minority thinking they are not cool though i agree something can be done about the boss song but you know i'll think about it if i get more feedback about those

yeah not all people see the halloween crab
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic