Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411707 Posts in 69401 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 20, 2024, 05:51:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Starry Sky
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Starry Sky  (Read 1092 times)
Lusu Frui
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2010, 05:08:09 AM »

Hi all,

This is the first project I'm posting here, and it's a little adventure game that puts you in control of an unnamed character in search of... something. That something will be revealed in the finished version, and it ties in with the title, but that's all I'm going to say for now. The graphics and mechanics are simple, but hopefully you'll enjoy them for that reason. The demo is short and includes only four rooms, but it captures the mood of the game and showcases the engine in full. Have fun and let me know what you think!

Controls:
Left/right arrow keys: move left/right
Space key: jump/advance dialogue

Download the demo (0.7 MB)

(Yeah, it's made with Game Maker and there's that annoying little loading icon that pops up in the top left corner of the screen. I do have the registered version on my main computer, though, so once I can get off my laptop the annoyance will be gone.)
BinaryMind
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:00:22 PM »

I do really like the look of the game. Awesome dialogue so far too, I look forward to what's next.

The only thing I can say so far is that there should be a way to make the dialogue be skipped or at least have it reach the end of the line by pressing the spacebar.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic