Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 04:32:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignMini game Mania...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Mini game Mania...  (Read 9823 times)
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 12:56:43 AM »

Eh... once you get away from the Warioware style, it just becomes another compo. I really liked the idea of a warioware clone where every microgame was made by a different person.
Sounds awesome!

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 02:13:14 AM »

I've already begun work on a sixty second X amount of rounds mini game in which you are cutting giant cookies using Von darkens laser cutter, keep him happy or hell cut you next.(he becomes happy if you stay roughly on path

DO THE R.O.B!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »

To make such a project there 's a numpber of things that should be agreed upon such as:
-programming language (already discussed), lenght of game, theme, graphical style (if any),control style, possibility of difficulty levels, etc...

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »

For graphics style it doesn't matter, everybody's different, as for limit in time im thinking 5 minutes for the proper minigames, my current one is 60 seconds to cut the cookie.

DO THE R.O.B!
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 06:14:30 PM »

Well, sorry to bring this back, but I'd like to see it happen (WarioWare style; GM).  I'm sure we could get enough of us on board for this, and Derek could even focus his next GM tutorial on the kind of things you'd need to know to make micro-games.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 07:39:17 PM »

i never played warioware, but i like the idea of this. id make something for it. it would be cool, if we got down a good structure for releasing it, we could put out like a bimonthly collection. maybe kinda like little comic strips, but games.

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 08:08:18 PM »

I like the idea, but getting everyone to agree on a development tool might be tricky...

Klik and Play. Obviously.
Yes, obviously.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

I was thinking that we'd all use GM, and someone would compile all the micro-games into a proper Wario Ware style one.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »

Nonononono.
KNP.
oh god oh god there needs to be a KNP only compo.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 01:34:30 AM »

I'll be fine with GM, thanks.

OddGoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 02:01:01 AM »

I shall learn GM, Im currently a flash developer.
cyprien
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 09:28:06 AM »

I would be down for contributing what I can. Would be a good incentive to make me learn how to work a little faster, too.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 02:28:03 PM »

I am totally down for this and I think GM works fine. let me know and I will start working

has any one played "Strongbad's game for attractive people". he has like an old atari and it has the craziest games, like snake boxer 5. and its basically a guy who punches snakes and it jsut keeps getting faster I think that would be cool, if we just made a whole bunch of 80's shovelware games that are quick playthroughs and allow the player to do bizzarre stuff. (the next episode has math kickers featuring the alger bros.

I am currently making a big game in GM, but if i get an idea for a quick minigame I will throw it up here.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 02:44:50 PM »

I am totally down for this and I think GM works fine. let me know and I will start working

has any one played "Strongbad's game for attractive people". he has like an old atari and it has the craziest games, like snake boxer 5. and its basically a guy who punches snakes and it jsut keeps getting faster I think that would be cool, if we just made a whole bunch of 80's shovelware games that are quick playthroughs and allow the player to do bizzarre stuff. (the next episode has math kickers featuring the alger bros.

I am currently making a big game in GM, but if i get an idea for a quick minigame I will throw it up here.
Yeah, I like this idea.  I think Derek should focus his next GM tutorial around it, and we could all submit micro games (including the people new to GM) to be compiled into a bigger one.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »

what kind of screen size are we looking at 320X240, 640X480, 1080p. let me know what you guys think.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »

Haha, 1080p  :D

Well, I guess we could be nice to all the people new to GM and go with 640x480, as it's the default and it allows for a lot of different things (ultra low res could be scaled up if any of us wanted to do that).
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 03:51:40 PM »

true true

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 09:55:07 PM »

yes, should we have themes or motifs for each collection, or just completely random?

Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:18 PM »

i was thinking themes....im looking for people to compile a rhythm set (yes like rhythm tengoku) just 5 people or so and please make themes, as for res.....ill work with whatever you think.

You can start now, but i won't be around, i'm currently on holiday and don't have ..... things.

DO THE R.O.B!
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »

that was a bit vague

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: