Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 09:19:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat happened to...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: What happened to...  (Read 14647 times)
ToothyMang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2011, 02:59:13 AM »

Hey guys, I lost my copy of Rescue: The Beagles somehow, and I really miss playing it. Can anyone upload it for me?  Beg
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2011, 04:00:18 AM »

I find all of the attention seeking comedians on Tigsource to be incredibly tedious. I would pay money to browse Tigs with all of this shit removed. 

Phubans, are you a 'hey, I'm wacky, me!' person in real life? Will you wave your arms during any GDC meet and refer to yourself as zany or ironic? I might meet you next month, and it's easy to forget you're a real developer because you work so hard on internet comedy.

twitter: @docky
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2011, 05:08:53 AM »

lots of people are marked of a desire to stand out and an urgent need to belong, that's why you all make cave story
ink.inc
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2011, 05:16:19 AM »

Hey guys, I lost my copy of Rescue: The Beagles somehow, and I really miss playing it. Can anyone upload it for me?  Beg

Not the most appropriate place to post this.
ortoslon
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2011, 05:48:02 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?fngmmhjj2nh
Kramlack
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 05:49:26 AM »

Whatever happened to Robot Jones? Seriously though, didn't we have this discussion already about the whereabouts of Kennedy, and it was found that she was just loafing around somewhere that wasn't the internet?

EDIT: Nope, looks like Fish locked that topic too, haha.
ToothyMang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2011, 06:11:54 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?fngmmhjj2nh

Thank you so very much, kind sir or madam! You have made my night.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2011, 06:15:18 AM »

If they actually were a 'joke', the rape / murder quips were in incredibly poor fucking taste...  C'mon TIGs, let's have a little class.

Okenido
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »

lots of people are marked of a desire to stand out and an urgent need to belong, that's why you all make cave story

Should I mention that you're making one of the biggest Cave Story ripoffs?
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »

psst, superb joe and arthur 'podunkian' lee are two separate people.

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2011, 09:09:06 AM »

I am officially ashamed to have started this thread.
As someone already suggested, yes, I posed the question because -- gasp -- I actually cared to know how these people are doing. It would make me sad if these people don't continue to produce nice things and share them with the Internet, but ultimately it's not a big deal, because that's their business, and if they've found more interesting things to do with their lives, I'm happy for them. However, since all I know of them is what I can see online, I have no way of knowing whether they are healthy and preoccupied or legitimately not doing well, and there might be others here who are more aware of what's going on. When I asked, I did expect some tasteless jokes, but I didn't think they were going to overwhelm the entire thread.
...The people who said they think this whole ordeal is funny must have pretty sad senses of humor, by the way.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »

I find all of the attention seeking comedians on Tigsource to be incredibly tedious. I would pay money to browse Tigs with all of this shit removed.  

Phubans, are you a 'hey, I'm wacky, me!' person in real life? Will you wave your arms during any GDC meet and refer to yourself as zany or ironic? I might meet you next month, and it's easy to forget you're a real developer because you work so hard on internet comedy.

lol
deathtotheweird
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »

hahaha, sick burn bro.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »

Haha, I'm afraid your point is moot, regardless. I'd say my IRL personality doesn't differentiate too much from my online one, but my humor is often delivered in a way that people can appreciate. I'm afraid that delivery is lost on these forums because it lacks the personal touch of tone, nuance, and expression that make it obvious that it's being said for laughs and nothing malicious is meant by it. Sure, there's probably an equal amount of tact on my behalf that is completely thrown out when on the forums; I wouldn't just make a crude joke for the sake of trying to incite laughter, it's all about timing.

That said, I can't think of anyone I've met IRL who showed the same level of contempt towards me that some of you are doing on here, but it makes for an interesting observation. Of course, I have met a few people in life that didn't like me. They seemed to fall into the category of obtuse, clueless, and irrelevant douchebags that simply "don't get it", in which case I'm not too concerned because there are more than enough cool people who actually support me. In any case, you should probably hold off on meeting me in person before passing judgment, because your attempts at prejudgment have already adversely influenced my opinion of you.

EDIT: Which brings up an interesting point of a trend I've been noticing on TIGS lately. The overwhelming arrogance of people stating their opinions as if they mattered. Sure, it might be a little bit different if someone I know and respect were to tell me that they don't approve of something I said or did, but even in that case it's extremely arrogant to assume that their opinion should matter to me. Does anyone really hold such an incredible amount of influence and power over my own future, happiness, success, and well-being that I should really be concerned with what they think of me?

Someone recently pointed out to me that TIGS would do well from a forum-wide ego check. I love how some point the finger at me for having an ego, but like the old saying goes, it takes one to know one. If you were some Zen Buddhist master who's relieved himself of ego entirely, it wouldn't mean a god damn thing to you whether or not I expressed traits of an over-inflated ego. For all you know, I am that master, now living as a parody of ego in an attempt to further you in your spiritual advancement. Thank me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:06:27 PM by phubans » Logged

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2011, 01:20:35 PM »

"If you were some Zen Buddhist master who's relieved himself of ego entirely, it wouldn't mean a god damn thing to you whether or not I expressed traits of an over-inflated ego."

that's actually how i feel about phubans. sure, he's offensive and hates women, but so what? doesn't matter to me, doesn't affect me. there are worse things to worry about in the world. he can be offensive all he likes, and i'll never be offended by anything he says, and never have been. i don't see why we should be concerned by whether phubans is a good person or a bad person.

(of course, i'm guilty of making fun of him myself, but i do it in a good-natured way (e.g. calling him fat). i've never actually tried to say something that was intended to make him feel bad rather than to make him laugh.)

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »

ortoslon
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »

i'm not offended by anything phubans says either but his "post-ego" post-humor posts and reactions to them formed many offtopic posts i'd rather not have to skim to get to ontopic posts (unlike, say, funny/interesting offtopic stuff by superb joe and paul eres, i like skimming those). i've subscribed to this thread because i wanted to know what happened to the people, instead i got tiny amount of evidence drowned in guesses and jokes
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2011, 02:06:13 PM »

OT: What happened to Owen Piette? (of wxSand fame)
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »

Okay then, back on topic...

Where is the evidence supporting the murder or even disappearance of Annabelle? I was under the impression that it was just a rumor being perpetuated by Super Joe and now allen, because those are the only two people who have made the claim. In this case, "heard it through the grapevine" isn't sufficient; the people making this claim are to be held accountable for this information until they can provide a deeper source.

It's pretty obvious from their posts that allen and Joe don't seem to like Fish, so it's not impossible that they'd fabricate a rumor like this. If she was actually murdered, then why isn't there a record of her disappearance? If she was, it would be a shame. I mean, look at her... She's kinda hot and she's a good artist who's into indie games. Girls like that are hard enough to find without slimeballs killing them. If that's the case, then it would be an unforgivable act.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »

I can't remember who started the rumor, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Super Joe and I'm positive it wasn't allen. Regardless, the reason it was started is because she disappeared almost immediately after being hired by Fish.  Shrug

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic