Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 03:31:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSeveral albums worth of music
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Several albums worth of music  (Read 1589 times)
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »

The first of these albums was made over a year ago. I was new to writing music, then, which is why I personally think they were produced terribly looking back at them.

http://sgtyayapproductions.bandcamp.com/

Prison of the Mind is my latest release, focusing mostly on '80s music, and I'm hoping to get enough funds to make a limited CD edition, so if anyone likes what they hear, even a purchase of an individual song would be appreciated.

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »

Listening to War of the Servers and Minecraft Underwater, definitely a much darker theme than I'm used to, but cool stuff! It reminds me of the Metroid Prime soundtrack, and if I were working on a project like that, I would love to grab some of this stuff. Might even consider it for a Halloween soundtrack...
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »

While I'm sad to see that it's not your style, your comment is still deeply appreciated. Thank you for listening.

Official Website
Bandcamp
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:23:37 AM »

Not relevant to Bandcamp, but I may as well use this thread to promote my music, too.

http://soundcloud.com/sgtyayap404/classical-draft

This is something I made a few days ago in a desperate attempt to attract more game developers.

Official Website
Bandcamp
lamontx
Level 0

I don't even know who Kuppo is. Kupo.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »

Actually, when I look back at my older music, I actually enjoy them because I know that back then, I had fun composing it and that's all that matters, even if it sounds like yankee doodle on acid.

I liked your classical thing by the way, sounds like the modern movie kinda stuff  Smiley What's your theory behind the little pauses?

Moonlight was also pretty cool. You achieved a very good feeling. If it were me though, I'd use a different instrument for the melody.

By the way, here's a piano piece I composed a while ago for Solaria. It's a town called "Sunshine," a town where it never stops raining. http://soundcloud.com/lamontx/solaria-sunshine

PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »

Thanks for the comments, iamontx. The pauses in the classical piece is largely because I'm a fan of musical suspense. That, and I'm not good at writing lots of notes at once. Not yet, anyway.

The constructive criticism is also accepted for Moonlight. Smiley

Official Website
Bandcamp
lamontx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »

Wait, not good at writing lots of notes at once? That is terrible! If you want, I can help you out. It's much simpler than you think.

iamontx

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 08:36:07 AM »

If you insist on helping me out with a future piece, feel free to. Smiley

Official Website
Bandcamp
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 08:21:10 PM »

Sort of relates to Bandcamp. I made an Indiegogo campaign for a limited CD release of one of the albums, Prison of the Mind.

http://www.indiegogo.com/prison-of-the-mind-python-blue?c=comments&a=1117625

I am by no means asking you particular people to donate, given many of you are probably on tight budgets, yourselves. However, sharing this campaign for the next few weeks would be deeply appreciated.

Official Website
Bandcamp
lamontx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »

No! I didn't mean I want to invade your project files and mess around with theme, I'm completely against that kind of thing. Instead, I meant I could give you some advice on how to put your notes together as a melody or something.
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 05:36:33 AM »

I wasn't trying to insult you or anything like that, so I'm confused why you started your post the way you did. XD

Sorry for the typo when writing your username, by the way. Tongue

Official Website
Bandcamp
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:37 AM »

Python, how long have you been making music? I definantly love your style, and as I listen to the album "Prison of the Mind", the 80s vibe & mood is definantly apparent. All kinds of films and games come to mind. Listening to the 4th track right now, Oddjob, and it reminds me of a track in the game Rolling Thunder 3. Even though the game is from 1993, its 80s influence is readily apparent. So far, Overcriminilized is my favorite.

Im in fact looking for that sort of mood for a project I am developing known as Ninehart. Its highly influenced by classic sci-fi/action films & games. This kinda music is excellent though I am also looking for modern musical styles. There are sporadic tracks from Dubstep that would fit in, as well as the mood given off by tracks like Carbon or Carry Me from VNV Nation.
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:43 AM »

Thank you very much for the interest! I'm trying to expand my genres at the moment, so, while I am really not a fan of dubstep other than the rhythm notations, I can see what I can do for other genres as well. Wink

Official Website
Bandcamp
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:14 AM »

Are you working on any games at the moment?
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »

Yes, but most of them are mods that, along with one or two others, probably won't be completed any time soon. Tongue I'm willing to sacrifice one of them for this.

Official Website
Bandcamp
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »

This reminder about my music surfaced over some news: the CD's for my album Prison of the Mind have arrived. If anyone's interested, they can buy a CD via Bandcamp.

http://sgtyayapproductions.bandcamp.com/album/prison-of-the-mind-2

Keep in mind: unless there's enough interest, this is only an edition of 50, some of which have already been ordered by donors to my Indiegogo campaign.

Official Website
Bandcamp
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic