Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 07:48:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessFeedback on the Kickstarter page of my game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback on the Kickstarter page of my game.  (Read 3357 times)
Salemir
Level 0

Dishlione

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2021, 06:55:16 AM »

Hi!
can you please give feedback about my Kickstarter page, please?
It will be hugely appreciated. you can see it by the link below.

The Kickstarter page
Murilo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 06:34:36 PM »

The video caught my attention and I'm downloading the demo now! Didn't even read the campaign.

Having said that, I think the art style is not for everyone. But it sure gave me a different good, funny vibe from the average games.

Salemir
Level 0

Dishlione

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 09:54:26 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! Arts, animations, and all stuff will be much improved in the final product!
ldmn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 09:58:24 AM »

Quite high funding goal u have - for a ... platformer?

The colors are quite disturbing & in disharmony.
TonyLi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 04:03:00 PM »

Games cost money to develop commercially (i.e., with paid employees, etc.). The platformer Shovel Knight had an estimated development cost of $1.4 million (source). In developed countries, the cost of a professional developer is ~$10k/month. If this campaign reaches its goal, after taxes and Kickstarter's cut there will be about $20k, or roughly the cost for a single developer for 2 months. And that doesn't cover marketing and other costs.

I wish luck for the OP. Congratulations for going for it. I fear the goal itself will be difficult to reach. The visuals aren't great, and people judge books by their covers nowadays. The text starts with a lot of contextless world building and never gets around to describing the unique hook of the game, at least from my skim of the headings. (It's probably in the body text, but I only skimmed a little of that, to better represent a real world potential backer.) Remember that there's a funnel. If you catch people's attention with visuals, a small proportion of them will skim the headings. Of those people who skim the headings, a small proportion will read the body text. Of those people who read the body text, a small proportion will consider backing. Anyway, good luck! And even if you don't reach the campaign goal, nothing's stopping you from continuing to make the game on your own and seeing your vision to completion!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic