Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 08:12:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAmnesia Story
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Amnesia Story  (Read 1693 times)
James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »

So this was MY entry into the GameJolt competition 3; Minimalism...

... you have a head injury...

That's all you'll know as you start out this room-based platformer/adventure. The game features 130+ rooms (not bad for 1 week), full online capabilites*, and... fun.

You can DOWNLOAD the game, or PLAY IT ONLINE* (but please read the notice if playing online).

(size-reduced) Screeeens!

* Online Play courtesy of http://www.gamejolt.com

est. February 2009
Vadim647
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 05:44:41 AM »

Never, NEVER attempt to save files to player's desktop. Especially while specifying a path, valid Only for english version of windows.  Facepalm
It's not very interesting to go and create several folders so your game can save.
I'll edit this once I'll have some progress in-game.
Edit: I suppose, the two endings are the giving of rod to the king, and trading 3 pieces of something for your death (smart plan. really). Would only give it 3/5 because restarting game so many times was annoying, those strange yellow blocks look stupid, and traveling through your world is rather boring. all that could be done in a one room instead of 130.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:06:11 AM by Vadim647 » Logged
James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 10:05:19 AM »

Yeah, it's not the better of my games I've made, but... 1 week. As regards to saving to desktop, my apologies. I never would've guess about it not working on foreign language systems.

I added 130 rooms, because... well... I don't really know. I felt I needed that much space to set up all the pieces in a way that is was somewhat longer of a challenge to get to each one.

Thanks for the review!

est. February 2009
Curseman
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »

I don't think it's really necessary to delete the player's save when they get to one of the two endings - neither of them is really all that different to the point that it's worth a replay over.

That can, of course, be easily circumvented by copying the save file on the desktop.
James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:46:18 AM »

I don't think it's really necessary to delete the player's save when they get to one of the two endings - neither of them is really all that different to the point that it's worth a replay over.

That can, of course, be easily circumvented by copying the save file on the desktop.

Surprisingly, you're the only person I know of who's thought of doing that. And about deleting the save file... well, I'm evil I guess.

est. February 2009
Curseman
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »

As for feedback, the final place you need to go to for the harder-to-get of the two endings is probably the easiest location in the whole game to overlook.  Maybe it would be nice to make it more clear that that's where the player needs to go in some way.  Pointing them in the right direction at that final point in the game would definitely be nice.

By the way, after trading the three items away, you can still somehow give them to the slime dude and get his ending instead.
James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »

As for feedback, the final place you need to go to for the harder-to-get of the two endings is probably the easiest location in the whole game to overlook.  Maybe it would be nice to make it more clear that that's where the player needs to go in some way.  Pointing them in the right direction at that final point in the game would definitely be nice.

By the way, after trading the three items away, you can still somehow give them to the slime dude and get his ending instead.
you mean, the dealer? Yeah, well at the beginning of the game I decided to draw an arrow sign saying which way to go at the first cross-path... you're supposed to notice the dealer in the little... room. Oh well, I guess not enough info.

As far as trading the pieces and still "dying", that's a glitch. I'll fix it in version 1.1...

Thanks again.

est. February 2009
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic