Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 01:34:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Royal Trap
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Royal Trap  (Read 1051 times)
hanako
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:57:43 AM »

Our latest release: Wanna wear velvet and jewels, go Spiderman on the walls of a palace, fight with twin daggers, break out of prison, disguise yourself as a princess, and face down a mob of angry peasants?  Gentleman

You do? Great! Hope you like reading! 'Cuz it's a visual novel. Smiley

http://www.hanakogames.com/royaltrap.shtml

Please come check out at least the trailer video. Then consider being lured into looking at the demo, just to see what it's like...
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »

looks good, i like the trailer; will probably buy it when it goes down in price (if it eventually does) since i tend to wait a bit before buying indie games nowadays to save (especially since i've a huge backlog of games to play)

one thing though, is that the site has very little information about its structure -- is it a branching visual novel with multiple endings, like cinders? i'd assume so since most of your games seem to have multiple endings, but that's not mentioned on the site (there's no kind of 'feature list' there)

shay.yizhak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:53:19 AM »

It looks great, but your site doesn't give any information about it.

How long is it? (how long will it take me to finish it)
Is it only a story, or does it have any kind of game-play in it (like in "to the moon")?

I think I'll give the demo a try anyway. It looks interesting enough.

hanako
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »

All sensible questions. Smiley

There's a $5 discount at the moment if you blog about the game before buying it. Being me, there will almost certainly be a contest on my forums at some point where winning a free copy is possible, but I wouldn't expect a major sale event until near the end of the year. List price is unlikely to drop for a long time, unless for some strange reason it got picked up by a major distributor, which is unlikely for a pure VN.

It is a branching story - there's about fifteen endings, give or take depending on what you qualify as a unique ending. There's no extra gameplay, it's all reading and making decisions.

Lengthwise, the demo covers the prologue and chapter 1. A full playthrough is seven chapters and an epilogue. Chapters 1-4 are the same for all the routes, chapters 5-7 are unique for which of the four primary paths you're on. So if you play through the demo you can extrapolate from that how long the full thing will last you.

My writing style is such that you can't see the whole story in a single playthrough. Whichever route you end up on, you're going to be left with some MAJOR questions about the plot that can only be answered by playing other routes, so you're not 'done' with the game after your first ending.

Total text comes to about 120K words.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic