Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:58:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1956471 times)
koder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10860 on: November 13, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »

Hello there!

My name is Mariusz and I am the developer behind ΔV: Rings of Saturn ("why the hell did you put Δ in the name?").

So, who am I? I made my first game 32 years ago. It was on Atari 65XE, it was in Atari Basic, and I was 8 at the time. "Game" is a bold word for it, but it had some gameplay (a boat catching parachuters) and I enjoyed it. And I was coding software ever since.

Not much games, tough. I tried to make some roguelikes, went into Amiga demoscene for couple of years, then spent over 18y writing various business software as a day job.

I keept playing the whole time. I enjoy many kinds of games. Everything fantasy or sci-fi talks to my soul, and I particularly enjoy RPGs, but am no stranger to other genres.

Recently I picked up an idea - why not make a game? This is certainly somewhat within my area of expertise. Sort of. So I stared this little side project and now I found my way here.
yakandco
Level 0

Yak & Co

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10861 on: November 13, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »

Hi there TIG community  Smiley Gentleman

It's Jason Rawlings here, one half of the indie studio Yak & Co (creators of Agent A: A puzzle in disguise). Nice to meet you all  Coffee

I've been working with Mark White (our artist) for many years, five and half on Agent A. I'm the code guy Blink I've been programming for 15 years building many many games over the years, Agent A is by far the biggest project I've worked on however. Growing up I was in love with games of all sorts, NES was my first console but got my first taste of games on Atari and Arcade. I got lost in PC games all through the 90's and kept up with console games ever since as well. Some of my fave games of all time:

Super Mario World
Day of the Tentacle / Maniac Mansion (and everything lucasarts)
XCOM
Zelda
Dune II
Mass Effect series
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
Uncharted
Jak & Daxter

That's a bit about me =) We joined up as we'd love to get in touch with the community and let you know more about what we're planning as we bring Agent A to Steam, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. But not just spamming you one way, we would really love to open up some conversations with you all and find out what's important to you before we wrap up these new platforms, things like what's your favourite PC game controller, do you hate it when PC games forget to do X?? or just learn about what your favourite adventure game of all time is haha. Enough from me. See you around the forums.

Jason (Yak & Co)

Creators of award winning puzzle adventure game Agent A: A puzzle in disguise.
musicbytobi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10862 on: November 19, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »

Greetings Indie Game Community!

My name is Steven and I am a freelance composer/musician based out of Nashville TN

I am also a lifelong gamer and lover of all things nerdy and pop culture related. Video games and film played a major role in my early passion for music and desire to make it
my career. The epic soundtracks in Nintendo classics such as The Legend of Zelda and Pokemon; or the subtle and atmospheric scores of games like Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls bring so much life and character to the games. They helped me to feel all the emotions the gameplay and stories couldn't on there own. I wanted to write music that would
give others those same feelings I had when playing my favorite games.

Here are a few of my favorite games
- Ocarina of Time
- Silent Hill 2
- Metroid Prime
- Resident Evil
- Mass Effect 2
- Twisted Metal 2
- Super Smash Bros
- Little Nightmares
.......... I could honestly go on forever. I have played 100s of games and love so many different franchises and genres, its hard to narrow it down.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you and hopefully working on some projects together. I was informed about this site from Terence Lee who scored "Tunic" and already
can see the immense talent in this forum.

About my professional skills

- I have played as a touring musician for over 10 years. Most notably with "The Nearly Deads". You can listen to our music here (youtube.com/thenearlydeads)
- I have an instrumental (Electro-Rock) side project that is inspired by science fiction films and games. You can listen here (https://open.spotify.com/artist/438PrvZozMpqZdn4qhSuH5?si=e7tRgGzpRquRYi-YSIQHAg)
- I compose instrumental music and soundscapes for games and indie films. You can listen to my portfolio here (https://soundcloud.com/stobi_tnd/sets/portfolio/s-Dc0E1)
- I host a gaming podcast called "Game Snacks" where we rant about our favorite games, review new release and discuss anything gaming related. We also have a segment where we talk about our favorite gaming snacks and food. You can listed for free here (gamesnacks.podbean.com)

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction. Hope to work with some of you in the future.
Cheers,
-Steven
tamerobots
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10863 on: November 21, 2018, 11:12:06 AM »

I'm tamerobots.

I've been playing games since I first played Super Mario Land on GAME BOY back in the early 90s. Something about the ability of a good game to take you into fantastic imaginary worlds has always appealed to me.

History
I was previously a web developer working in Oxford, making websites for schools and businesses. I enjoyed the work, but I realised I had enough money in the bank to go travelling, and I realised that if I didn't do it now, I'd never do it. So I planned my trip around the world, handed in my notice at work, and set off on an adventure, travelling to 9 different countries. I got to swim with sharks, I drove a muscle car through the desert, travelled through North Korea, jumped out of a plane and made friends with koalas. When I got back, I decided to try and become a Game Developer instead of just a Game Fan, and started work on my game.

What I'm Working on Now
I'm currently working on Swing Skills (https://SwingSkillsGame.com), a free rope swinging game with Toucans, Tigers and Toothbrushes, that I'll be releasing December 3rd 2018. I hope to be able to make a living in the games industry, it's my ideal job working for myself and being creative.

Some of my Favourite Games
  • Super Mario Bros 3
  • Halo
  • DayZ
  • Alto's Adventure
  • Earthbound
  • Rodeo Stampede
  • Marble Madness

I hope I can make some connections on this forum with like-minded people and learn about how to be a good games developer.

Thanks for reading.

Follow me: @tamerobots
bra_racing
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: November 22, 2018, 12:26:45 AM »

Hi community!

I'm a software engineer from Spain, loving new technologies.

I've learnt android programming in my free time because I'm really interested on apps development.
deliciouscookies27
Level 0

programmer

View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: November 23, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »

I'm deliciouscookies27. I've been into game development for about a year now, using primarily Unity. My first, and by far my favorite game is Minecraft. I just love what seems to be like an endless amount of possibilities of stuff to do and build in the game. I think I've easily put into over 2000+ hours on it, most of that time being on multiplayer servers building with friends or playing minigames. Some of my other favorite games are Skyrim and Mario Kart Wii.

Right now i'm working on a little frogger clone to brushen up my skills on Unity, and because I don't really have any good ideas right now.  Smiley

What drew me here was my distaste for reddit's game dev "forums." The thing about reddit is that posting and comments are entirely content-driven, and while that makes for high-quality browsing and reading, it comes at the expense of lacking any real sort of community, y'know? There's no real soul to it. I hope to have a good time on here talking to like-minded people about games and making them.

video games amirite
AlienplayGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10866 on: November 24, 2018, 09:26:30 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Aleksandar and I'm a solo indie game developer.
I made my first game at the age of 12 (5 years ago), but I've started to take game development more seriously about a year ago. 
I like experimenting with different and unique game ideas, and I'm inspired by games like:
- Nuclear Throne
- Minecraft
- Superhot
- Bad North
- Refunct
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

I like learning about all different aspects of game development particularly programming, game design, pixel art and low poly 3d modeling.
Here are some amazing youtube channels I like to get back to for advice:
- Game Dev Underground
- Matthew Palaje
- Blackthornprod
- Mark Brown

Cheers!  Beer!

Check out my games: http://alienplaygames.com
Guntha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10867 on: November 25, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »

Hello TIGSource,

I'm a software engineer from France and I've been working for a few years in the games industry, most notably on "porting" the first 2 Syberia games to Android and the Nintendo Switch. (I write "porting" between double-quotes because we can't really say they were "ports", but that's a story for another post.)

Since about a year now, I'm on my own, sharing my time between looking for a job I really like and making progress on my personal projects.

The thing I'm working the most on these days is a game I began during a jam, in which you must help as many earthlings as possible escape the earth, which is living its last minutes. (More info here,  in French: https://www.developpez.net/forums/d1889355/applications/developpement-2d-3d-jeux/projets/we-jv8-y-feu-titre-temporaire/. Devlog coming soon here!)

I'm also working on other projets when I can, be it games or game-oriented libraries: https://lhuillia.iiens.net/en/projects/

I discovered Handmade Hero and the Handmade manifesto a while ago, and I try to remember it while working.

I forgot I created an account here to introduce a(nother) jam game in 2014, and I didn't introduce myself then ^^' I apologize for this.

See you soon

ZackBellGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10868 on: November 25, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »

Hi, all.

I used to be attached to various account(s) while I was in school, but I've never had a personal/public account on TIGS. My name is Zack Bell and you might know me from projects such as: Frog Sord, SUPER III, INK, HackyZack, and High Noon Revolver.

I am currently working on a new project called, Encore. I look forward to opening a Devlog within the coming weeks.

Much love,
Z <3

Igor Vasiak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10869 on: November 28, 2018, 06:47:36 AM »

Hola everybody,

I'm Igor Vasiak, an indie game developer and blogger who don't really know what he's writing about right now. You could (and could not) know me from my in dev games Land Of Enchantments and Don't Die

Land Of Enchantments, the 3d Platformer with an Economic System, is the main project I'm working on these days, and I plan to release it on December. Things could go wrong though, as they already did before. Once I said I'd release it at May/2018. It's November now. xD

I'll open a Devlog thread soon enough. Take a look at a few screenshots:

See ya!  Gentleman
realDragon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: December 05, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »

Hey I'm realDragon and I'm making a open world text adventure called Trawel. Yeah. I'm also a college student and have made other games, but Trawel is going to be my biggest one yet. http://kck.st/2zEnzag
jhsidi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: December 06, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Chris, part of a 3 person studio called Chronicle Games. We used to be full time, now kinda hobbyist level. Not earning much income will do that.

My personal obsession is old games that have never had a proper successor. At the moment I'm working on a 2D platformer called Miscreation, which is based on an NES game called E.V.O.: The Search for Eden. A lot of you have probably heard of it, but it was never a super popular game. The basic idea is that you evolve your creature during the game, which provides a lot more variance in stats etc than your typical platformer.

The only other notable thing about me is that I'm a working nomad. Currently in Japan, for non-weeaboo reasons. Usually I stick to much cheaper countries.

Anyway, I'm having some trouble finding the perfect design for our evolve system so I'm hoping to brush up on some design ideas here. Yeah!
cclogg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: December 08, 2018, 08:22:42 AM »

Hey guys my name is Chris Clogg and I'm the co-creator of Pixile Studios. We started out 5 years ago making an iPad game, and after moderate success we ended up pursuing regular jobs for about 5 years. However, we never stopped brewing game ideas and now are launching our next game: a top-down battle royale on PC & Mac. It's been pretty crazy as an indie team to develop an online multiplayer game but we have come a long way in the last few years. We loved playing (& making) Warcraft 3 maps as kids, so we're always looking to bring that fun and creativity to our projects.
Our current project is Super Animal Royale. We will finally be exiting beta soon and entering Early Access :D

Schumius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10873 on: December 09, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »

Hi there, my name is Yok-Him Devn, I'm from Taiwan and I teach Spanish in local universities for a living (barely making ends meet, as I'm an adjunct lecturer). I've been playing games my whole life, but it's only recently that the idea of making one myself really appeals to me.

The idea first came to me when I looked at one of my short stories and thought "Hey, why don't I turn it into a game?" So that was how I began. And since I knew nothing about coding, I started with Twine which for he basic passage-linking stuff is pretty easy, but once I began adding more functions and stuff it became quite a challenge. But I like challenge, that's how one learns and grows.

I'm still working on my first game, hopefully I'll be able to finish it in two or three weeks. After finishing this one and another one I have on my mind for my literature class, I'm thinking about trying a 2D engine like Stencyl, Godot, Clickteam Fusion, Löve or GameMaker. I haven't decided which one I would use next. Although I don't have knowledges of programming, I would like to learn, and I think learning by making games is more interesting than diving directly into a language course. That doesn't mean I won't learn programming or markup languages (C#? Lua? HTML and CSS? There are so many of them), just that I want to keep the motivation going. So think I'll pick one that teaches you the basics of coding (read somewhere that says Stencyl and Godot are good at that, so that's why they're on the list).

My favorite games are Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Little Big Adventure 2, Zork Nemesis, Myst and Riven, The Curse of Monkey Island, Arcanum, ICO, Mass Effect, Hyper light Drifter, Transistor, Gorogoa, and a whole bunch of others (such as Darkseed and those Sierra On-Line adventure games).

For me making games is another form of expression, like taking pictures or writing fiction. I was deeply impressed by Krillbite Studio's The Plan. Short, effective and stays with you. That's the kind of games I want to make, in this regard I think my thinking is close to that of Anna Anthropy (and probably a whole lot of game devs, but since's I'm new I don't know many people in the world of game development).

Well, that's the short intro. Time to get back to Twine.

Cheers!
banditman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: December 11, 2018, 08:38:58 AM »

Hi,

Often lurked, never posted.

I'm Sean, a software engineer making games in my spare time.

I've made a number of demos in the past but I'm about to release my first complete game, it's called 'Caen'.
Hopefully will get a few views and plays.

francescocross
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10875 on: December 14, 2018, 08:56:22 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Francesco and I'm an italian indie developer.

My strong passion for the videogames world was born when I was a child and I started playing with the NES (Galaga is probably the first very game I played). From that moment on, I never stopped playing videogames of any genre and on any console.

During the High Schools I started thinking that playing videogames wasn't enough so I've decided to develop my own games. I started creating small fangames about Monkey Island and now, that I'm 25, I still develop adventure games (they're probably the games I love more).

I can't say which game is the one I prefer because I really play any genre, from GDR to Sport ones even if I really care about the story aspect and the singleplayer mode in general.

I really want to show you my works,hoping that you'll like it.

Cheers!  Coffee
reismahnic
Level 0

I experiment in narrative design!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10876 on: December 14, 2018, 08:16:19 PM »

Hello!
My name is Reis Mahnic, and I've spent the last few years making games in the Portland indie community.
I started out making point-and-clicky stuff, then I started making more involved visual novels about family relationships with hints of sci fi, and over the last year I've broadened to making stuff like a horror RPG.
Almost all of my projects can be played for free at my portfolio site, www.reismahnic.com
I hope that you enjoy them. Some of them are very strange, and almost all of them were made for game jams under heavy time constraint.

Achrileg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: December 15, 2018, 05:38:43 AM »

Heyo!

My name is Christopher Legecky, but I run with the poorly chosen handle of Achrileg. I'm from Latvia.

I'm currently studying Digital Design, but I'm mainly a pixel-artist. Those curious can check out some of my work on Twitter. I've worked on this and that as a part time artist, and most recently did some animations for Katana Zero.

Started off with... animating stick-men. And that happened cause my GPU died and I couldn't play anything, and being a shut-in, I found a past-time - animation. Years later I somehow drifted into gamedev by offering to do some pretty bad pixelart for a friend, and now we're doing a game together.
Currently working on Lorn Vale as the artist, and am itching to show off some stuff - will post a devlog here very soon.

When it comes to my favorite games, it's hard to tell, but I grew up with titles like Half-Life, Age of Empires, and bootleg
"2000 games inside" cds. Really, there's too many games that are great to list.

Well, there's a super short introduction, cheers!
bilgekaan
Level 0

Indecision. | stikir | @td2tl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10878 on: December 16, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »

hi, i make "games".
Indecision.
stikir

Sinci1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: December 17, 2018, 04:11:17 AM »

Hello everybody! I hope you're all having a great day.
Anyway, I am a Unity C# programmer who has made a couple of browser games and some mini game jam games;
I also have some experience in blender, but I aim to get better at modelling.
Currently I am working on a game, however I am currently in the prototyping and mvping stages of making a game,
so I don't have anything to share or tell just yet.
This forum looks very promising, and I look forward to talking and interacting with you all Grin
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic