Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411590 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:41:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralYou call that a game? I call that torture!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: You call that a game? I call that torture!  (Read 9234 times)
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 07:13:24 AM »

Mighty Jill Off perhaps?
What? Your kidding? I beat that game the first time through. Not particularly fast, but I don't think my time was more than 15 minutes.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 10:53:56 AM »

Oh yay, just played through Syobon Action again. Took time this time, 9 minutes 13 seconds.
Kekskiller
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 11:27:34 PM »

Alien Shooter: Vengeance on "impossible". Friggin hard and long. Just frustrating and addictive.
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 02:53:59 AM »

Touhou's not too hard on normal. It's not easy, but it's not "dear-god-blow-my-head-away-before-I-kill-myself"-hard.
Tuskatsi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 04:25:41 AM »

Nikujin is unbelievably difficult for me, any game with bomb/grenade jumping in fact
Fegon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »

Legend of kage and Green baret for nes. great platformers, and tough.
Pixelworship
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »

· Ghosts'n'Goblins [NES]
· Mega Man 3 (always had a hard time with that)
· and of course Transformers: convoy no nazo for the Famicom. ultrasadism in its purest form.

@optriromini
ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 10:38:24 AM »

For a non-retro addition:

Red Star for PS2 was an unknown awesome game that offered a hell of a challenge with an awesome description:

"This story is based on The Red Star graphic novel, set in a futuristic, magic-using Soviet Union"

Communists? Check.
In the future and in space? Check.
Magic powers? Check.

hryx
Level 0

bleached fife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »

[!!---] Kid Chameleon
[!!!!-] Ikaruga
[!!!!!] Mars Matrix
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 11:08:54 AM »

NES: Teenage Mutant Ninja Torture  Angry

That was one game I could never play as a kid, and I still can't.  Oddly enough I had no problems with Ninja Gaiden, and could breeze through the whole thing rather easily (though now if I try to play it's just an exercise in futility).

I dunno, now that I'm older I have less tolerance for super-hard games.  If I can't get anywhere right off the bat, then screw it.  I don't have time to practice.  I could be doing something else that's not as frustrating, and since there are a cornucopia of good games to choose from, I could be playing one I enjoy rather than failing at one that I might enjoy.

When I was a kid, it was a different story.  You got good at hard games because hard games were all there were.  Especially when you only own a small handful, and you just spent your allowance on a rental and were stuck with it for the next three days... you got your money's worth out of it during that time no matter what.

tweet tweet @j_younger
hryx
Level 0

bleached fife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 01:19:08 PM »

Pixelworship
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 02:27:05 AM »

NES: Teenage Mutant Ninja Torture  Angry

uuh, yeah. I'm 28 and can't play that game, makes me wanna destroy stuff.

Battletoads, on the other hand, is pretty easy.

@optriromini
Carnivac
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 02:32:11 AM »

I definitely remember completing NES Turtles before the game disappeared from the house (am sure one of my cousin's stole it cos it was definitely there before they came over one day).  Battletoads I just couldn't master that bike level.  Great game though. 

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »

Battle Toads and Double Dragon. What's with the stupid spaceship level that is out of place in so many ways? Its impossible to control and impossible to beat. It doesn't help that it takes a massive amount of time to get to in the first place, so you can;t waste your time practicing the level. So I never got past it. What a stupid idea that was.

Pixelworship
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 11:55:06 PM »

I forgot about Double Dragon 2. It was actually banned in Sweden so I had to trade away two games with a Norwegian guy (which ironically is the country that banned Monty Python's The Life of Brian) to get it. I think I gave him Pro Wrestling and Tennis. What a stupid ass. Or was that me?
Anyway, that game is fucking impossible, even if you do the life cheat (start 2 player game B and kill the other player; you will get his lives) and I made the mistake of buying Double Dragon for the Gameboy also. Even harder.

@optriromini
Carnivac
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 03:11:02 AM »

For a non-retro addition:

Red Star for PS2 was an unknown awesome game that offered a hell of a challenge with an awesome description:

"This story is based on The Red Star graphic novel, set in a futuristic, magic-using Soviet Union"

Communists? Check.
In the future and in space? Check.
Magic powers? Check.

Hadn't heard of that game before and checked out the reviews, liked what I saw, found it on ebay cheap, bought it and it arrived this morning.  And yeah I'm enjoying it plenty so thanks for that Smiley 

ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »

Good call, it's a gem if ever there was one. It's one of those titles you glaze over when looking at the racks at your local game store (Like God hand, check that one out too). I got it used at EB for $10!

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »

Has anybody here heard of Blinx: The Timesweeper? It's got some really well hidden secrets, as well as the hardest final boss I have ever fought. It's a time-manipulation game, so there's all sorts of stuff that happens. It's crazy fun, but the last boss probably took me weeks to finish.
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »

Nethack
http://www.nethack.org
Warning: You might never stop. It's fucking awesome!

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 03:14:44 AM »

Nethack
http://www.nethack.org
Warning: You might never stop. It's fucking awesome!

Been playing since highschool and I've still never beaten it. Lips Sealed

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic