Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 12:15:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG VIII: Red Moon [DAY 5]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG VIII: Red Moon [DAY 5]  (Read 32645 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2008, 11:06:44 PM »

A few things about this game:

• It was difficult judging the balance of the teams and the roles purely mentally. I decided to create the Demon Trickster in the last moment as a wild card I could use to keep things interesting. However, a bunch of things conspired to ultimately make the humans lose.
  • In one of the biggest bouts of bad luck in TIG's Werewolf Games, both the Guardian Angel and the Seer were offed simultaneously on the very first night. This already heavily shifted the balance of power to the wolves.
  • I gave the Trickster the power to devour the soul of a werewolf to try and balance things out a bit, but policedanceclub offed his corporeal form before he could do that and he lost that power. Then in a bit of irony policedanceclub was cursed into a werewolf.
  • I have realized that in the first day nobody has anything to go by so it's a pretty slow and awkward day. I have decided that if I'm to host the game again (and this is a suggestion to any future host) that there be a Night 0, in which anyone with powers can use them, but there is no werewolf attack (or the werewolves kill the host/mayor, or they spend that night meeting with their brethren for the first time and seeing who eachother really are). This way the first day can start with some information (and misinformation) to go by.
  • It's been said that inactivity is sometimes unavoidable, and I guess it is, but it was kind of a bummer that sometimes the thread would just become empty of updates even with a whole bunch of players and everybody having roles to use (some didn't use theirs or I had to ask actively for them to remember to use), while the last game was just full of posts (then again that might have been entirely Garthy's fault)
  • It's fairly demanding for someone to host this game. My hat's off to the previous hosts.
  • I put my best effort in writing all the events that transpired. I hope I did a good job.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2008, 11:12:26 PM »

'twas fun while it lasted! I had the ability to watch what a person does in the nighttime.

While it was an enjoyable round, I think this game suffered too much from inactivity of players, and also a bit from having too many people able to kill at night - five wolves just seem a tad too much. And I guess since the arsonist and the murderer can't actually kill wolves since they're always running around at night, there've necessarily been three human deads versus one kill-voted villager until either arsonist or murderer were found. So yeah, tough game, but was fun. Nice fact-spinning and killvoting by people, it became truly paranoid in the end. Smiley

/edit
Yeah, you did a good job, Melly. I liked all of the event posts, especially the epic last one. Gentleman
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:17:09 PM by jstckr » Logged

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »

I know, I KNOW. The wolves were overpowered. I shouldn't have made the Cursed.

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »

... while the last game was just full of posts (then again that might have been entirely Garthy's fault)

Awesome, I get an honourable (dishonourable?) mention even though I'm not even in this game. Wink Nice to know I made an impression. Tongue
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2008, 01:34:45 AM »

Mitchard, you are the:

HUMAN ARSONIST

You've always had a thing for fire. For seeing things burn. So much that you brought with you 2 incendiary bombs, ready to go. You don't have the means to make anymore, so those will have to do. You'll be able to get out during the night and plant one bomb in someone's house. You have to plant both bombs in 4 days, or their components (bought in some shady back-alley black market) will become too unstable and will explode, burning your house with you in it.

And I guess since the arsonist and the murderer can't actually kill wolves since they're always running around at night, there've necessarily been three human deads versus one kill-voted villager until either arsonist or murderer were found. So yeah, tough game, but was fun.

I totally could, and did, kill werewolves (Well, a werewolf). Also I was completely on the side of the humans and was pretty careful of my targets. I'm curious as to which side the serial killer was on though, I thought I did pretty well with one werewolf and one killer, but he's showing up as human on the list.
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2008, 01:47:08 AM »

Mitchard, you are the:

HUMAN ARSONIST

You've always had a thing for fire. For seeing things burn. So much that you brought with you 2 incendiary bombs, ready to go. You don't have the means to make anymore, so those will have to do. You'll be able to get out during the night and plant one bomb in someone's house. You have to plant both bombs in 4 days, or their components (bought in some shady back-alley black market) will become too unstable and will explode, burning your house with you in it.

And I guess since the arsonist and the murderer can't actually kill wolves since they're always running around at night, there've necessarily been three human deads versus one kill-voted villager until either arsonist or murderer were found. So yeah, tough game, but was fun.

I totally could, and did, kill werewolves (Well, a werewolf). Also I was completely on the side of the humans and was pretty careful of my targets. I'm curious as to which side the serial killer was on though, I thought I did pretty well with one werewolf and one killer, but he's showing up as human on the list.
I actually tried jinxing GeneralValter on the same night you arson'd him. I was hoping that he would end up stabbing himself or something. I never got to see if it would actually happen or not, though.

hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2008, 02:28:10 AM »

Thanks Melly! The game suffered a little from inactivity in the later stage but I think the competition and the forum downs are to blame for that and I sure had fun playing. It's kinda sad that no one came to scaldicpoet9's help at the end. He was a very intriguing character. The werewolves were definitely a tad overpowered - Maybe we could even have won with one or two less wolves because with the seer dead I guess no one would have suspected the transformed policedanceclub.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2008, 04:12:00 AM »

I would have liked to have seen my ability get jinxed if it produced an evil brains-eating zombie.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2008, 05:11:53 AM »

oh HELL YES! I offed the seer on night one? Sweet! This game ruled! Evil

I forgot to save my pm, but yes, I was the serial killer. Unlike the demon, who was very powerful, I had the least powerful role in the game.

A: I only got to kill every other night. No exceptions.
B: Melly gave me a choice of three people to kill each evening. I could only pick from one of the three. (It turns out the voices in my head wanted to kill people with names that start with the same letter as mine. Well, and names that start with a letter near mine. I was crazy).

Despite getting offed on night four, I still had some serious fun with it. Managing to get jstckr lynched was certainly one of my finer works. He cornered me about it in IRC yesterday  :D

EDIT: Mitchard, my job was to kill. everybody. Melly didn't exactly give me a side, I was just in this shindig for the corpses.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »

This was fun and my first werewolf game actually being a werewolf, I was the puppet master meaning, I was the one who threw down the extra voice, the caveat was that I had to choose before the day's events.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
increpare
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »

good game guys.  I died quite early this game, but had quite a bit of fun in it while I was alive/undead Smiley  I recall having some points to make, but...I've forgotten them all now  Roll Eyes
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2008, 09:24:22 AM »

Holy crap, with 20 players I'd say have 5 werewolves, MAX. I'd be tempted to go for 4, and I reckon it'd still be winnable with 3, especially considering there were other entities out there killing people. The chance of the werewolves winning goes up pretty much exponentially if you add a werewolf; victory conditions become easier and bloc(k) voting becomes that much more effective. See how the combination of this voting and the inactivity of the others finished off the game.

So, six werewolves (and also one extra converted one) is a little...overkill. Smiley

But as always, it was a good Tigstyle wereolf game, meaning lots of fun and gore, and I enjoyed myself. Good game and thanks for hosting! Grin Beer!

olücæbelel
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2008, 10:46:22 AM »

Cheater, you are the:

WEREWOLF TELEPORTER

The Teleporter has the ability of evading death once, only during the night, by teleporting instantly back to his own house.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2008, 11:55:35 AM »

Nice, but you wouldn't have had to worry about me until C was the closest letter to G in this village  Evil

You did a good job considering, Mitchard. You managed to nail a werewolf and the serial killer before perishing. Nice job!
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »

Yeah, I was trying to go for a 1/3 rounded down wolves and 2/3 humans, plus a wild card. I feel however that simply having not given the ability to curse someone into werewolf would have made the game properly balanced. That way in the last day it would have been 6 against 4.

So yeah, maybe just having 1/4 of wolves is better. I also made it so that every wolfed human identified one werewolf (who it would be cycled between their names) with the exception of agj, who as the Shade was unnadentifiable in his wolf form.

I know the game was far from perfect, but I'm willing to host another soon with the knowledge I've gained, plus some new ideas for a much more hectic game.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »

Otaku42, you are the:

HUMAN WARRIOR

The Warrior can defend himself against a nightly attack, killing his attacker but also succumbing to death himself.

This was my first Werewolf game with TIGSource, so I had a ton of fun- I even died in an awesome way!
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »

I even died in an awesome way!

Sword, TO THE FACE!

McAndrews
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »

Dang it, I hated being killed the first night.  I was all ready to be a good guy after being all serial killery in the last game.  Congrats to all the winners.   Gentleman
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2008, 02:10:39 AM »

Not wanting to step on anyone's toes at all, but on the offchance that a host is needed for the next game, I have an idea and should be available to host it. Whilst I haven't hosted a Werewolf game before, I have GM'd a few RPGs, so I'm not exactly new to the concept. Smiley

So if it turns out that a host is needed, and you are confident that I can manage it, just post here to let me know. If there's enough interest, I'll start a thread. Warning: It'll be a little experimental, but not too complex, and should be fun. Smiley

Having said that, if anyone else is up for hosting, don't let my comment stop you from putting your hand up instead. I'm in no hurry, and will happily wait my turn if there is a turn to be waited for. I'm just offering on the offchance that everyone wants to play but nobody wants to host. Smiley
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2008, 02:28:20 AM »

Not wanting to step on anyone's toes at all, but on the offchance that a host is needed for the next game, I have an idea and should be available to host it. Whilst I haven't hosted a Werewolf game before, I have GM'd a few RPGs, so I'm not exactly new to the concept. Smiley

So if it turns out that a host is needed, and you are confident that I can manage it, just post here to let me know. If there's enough interest, I'll start a thread. Warning: It'll be a little experimental, but not too complex, and should be fun. Smiley

Having said that, if anyone else is up for hosting, don't let my comment stop you from putting your hand up instead. I'm in no hurry, and will happily wait my turn if there is a turn to be waited for. I'm just offering on the offchance that everyone wants to play but nobody wants to host. Smiley

Experimental makes for fun! I accept thy proposition if somebody else isn't next in line.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic