Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 03:45:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMonster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
Print
Author Topic: Monster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3  (Read 95376 times)
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »

The final-48-hours reminder e-mails have been sent out. 40 hours to go.

1,365 backers are currently pledging €25,512.

About outside Kickstarter:

A tabletop category Kickstarter project called Monsterhearts 2 had a Google+ mention about Monster Prom. There was some Tumblr activity. Not much else to note before the last-48-hours reminder hit.

The last time the Steam Greenlight page had an announcement was November 5th.

There was a small wave of new video game trailers in the news. This wave includes trailers for the kickstarted games Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Rad Rogers and The Dwarves. Crowfall was a kickstarted MMO that raised over $1.7million in early 2015 and has now launched a new campaign on IndieGoGo seeking more funding. Star Citizen is in PR control mode. Pokemon continues to dominate the news too.

About within Kickstarter:

Monster Prom was ranked 7th in popularity for the category for both Saturday and Sunday. On Monday it was 6th. It is currently ranked 4th.

An impressive 2.5D puzzle platformed called The Pedestrian decided to postpone its Kickstarter launch according to its Twitter account to avoid running during the holidays. That was very likely a good call. Visual novel Sharin no Kuni relaunched on Kickstarter. AI Wars II is at 132% funded. Highrisers is a 2D urban survival game with some style.

Monster Prom is the only noteworthy campaign ending between now and Thursday. The others are campaigns that stalled out immediately after launching.

About Monster Prom's campaign performance:

Here are updated graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/SVi8XBL.png

The campaign did not slow down as much as expected after the November 12th surge. The €10 tier is started to surge after the reminder e-mails were sent.

The €10 and €20 tiers are competing to be the highest contributing reward tier.

Kicktraq currently is showing a trend to €26,362 (329%). BackerTracker shows €27,834 (347.9%).

Good luck over the next 40 hours. €4,488 more to go until €30,000.

Yaaaay! We've made 3,000€ in the last 24h. Now we're at 27,600!
Reaching 30,000 is kind of a longshot... but it seems we can make it! Tomorrow, when we're 6-12h left I will write a message to all our backers sharing how close we are, in the sense that we would make it only if every backer raised 1-2€! That's crazy!

All this has been so exciting!

And a 3 weeks ago I thought we were doing around 12,000€!

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »

Tomorrow, when we're 6-12h left I will write a message to all our backers sharing how close we are, in the sense that we would make it only if every backer raised 1-2€! That's crazy!

Do consider that your the brunt of the backers (the US, Europe and Australia) cover pretty much every timezone so it's always better to be a bit early in case some of them might sleep through the last 6~10 hours or so!

(Also changing the thread title would be nice)

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
DuskedSky
Level 0

Jack of many trades, master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »

Saw it pass $30k. That's awesome! Happy you guys made over 3x your goal! Looks like you'll have your work cutout for you.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:54:19 PM by DuskedSky » Logged

Screen Head Media
Level 0

Digital games in all shapes and sizes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: November 24, 2016, 06:55:34 AM »

That's so awesome! Well deserved for such a great game.
Seems like the beautyful handdrawn graphics and the niche appeal are doing well :D
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »

congratulations ! just got notified that kickstarter took my money Tongue
LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:52 PM »

Congratulations.

1,592 backers pledged €32,230 (402.88%). That is currently the equivalent of $34,016.99 USD.

About outside Kickstarter:

There was more Tumblr and more Twitter activity. A few fanart pieces were on DeviantArt including a 3D sculpt. Indie Nova posted about the game. 4colorrebellion had an interview.

Thanksgiving is happening in America. Black Friday happens tomorrow, but many online retailers were already having specials.

About within Kickstarter:

Monster Prom was ranked 2nd in popularity for Wednesday. It was ranked 1st during its last 3 hours on Thursday. There wasn't much competition from new campaigns or older ones. Agony and Sharin no Kuni were doing well. Some of the stalled campaigns had progress go backwards. Backers are still wondering what went wrong with Hellhunter's campaign.

About Monster Prom's campaign performance:

Here are the final graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/pyUEdGN.png

Monster Prom surpassed €12,000 after the Jesse Cox video went up on November 12th.

It was the €10 tier has ended up beating the €20 tier's contribution.

The €30 tier saw a big jump on the final day. The drop in the number of backers from the €20 tier to the €30 tier previously talked about now looks good as a result.

The €400 and €500 tiers finally received backers in the final 48 hours.

Just over 50% of backers picked the €10 tier. That is good. Seeing 80% or higher at the anchor tier often indicates a problem. 40% to 60% seems to be a good sweetspot for anchor tiers.

The €8 tier appears to have gradually had backers leave or upgrade over the run of the campaign. With the old time-limited reward tiers, a backer could leave and another quickly grabs the vacant spot. With the new time-limited reward tier that spot disappears.

The average pledge ended at €20.24 per backer. The large pledges helped raise it. Those large pledges also helped November 24th to be the highest performing day for pledges during the campaign.

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: November 28, 2016, 02:52:46 AM »

Tomorrow, when we're 6-12h left I will write a message to all our backers sharing how close we are, in the sense that we would make it only if every backer raised 1-2€! That's crazy!

Do consider that your the brunt of the backers (the US, Europe and Australia) cover pretty much every timezone so it's always better to be a bit early in case some of them might sleep through the last 6~10 hours or so!

(Also changing the thread title would be nice)

I changed it but it seems it didn't get saved. I will change it again! (:

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: November 28, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »

Saw it pass $30k. That's awesome! Happy you guys made over 3x your goal! Looks like you'll have your work cutout for you.  Grin

Thanks for the nice words! We actually made over 4x our goal! (((:

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: November 30, 2016, 07:59:55 AM »

That's so awesome! Well deserved for such a great game.
Seems like the beautyful handdrawn graphics and the niche appeal are doing well :D

Thanks a lot for your kind words! (:
It seems that, yeah!

Also we got a kick-ass website Wink

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: December 02, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »

congratulations ! just got notified that kickstarter took my money Tongue

Yeah! We saw you were one of our first backers, Bakkusa! And we're really grateful. It has been a long and beautiful road.
It has been so surprising... I first expected to get 12k at best... then 12k to 18k. But 32k? That was totally out my expectations!

And still today we keep getting good news. We were contacted by a major adult game platform that is interested in us making a different version that includes some adult content. I was hesitant at first, but they seem pretty professional, so we'll take a look as a way of getting more funds to make the original Monster Prom version even bigger.

And today itself we've been contacted by a huge youtuber (+2'5MM subscribers) that told us he's totally in about playing the game once is out.

JUST AMAZING!

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: December 07, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »

Sorry for the delayed post, but... I wanted to share here our "thank you" note for all our backers!

Hell yeah!!! 402%!!!

This is just WONDERFUL!

It's hard to express how grateful we are right now. This has been possible thanks to you, each one of you, our dear backers. You've believed in us, and that's great.

Sometimes we forget how marvelous is what happens here, at Kickstarter. We're a humble group of people with an idea and we come here and show it to you. "Hey, take a look at our idea! Could you support us to make it possible and even greater?!". And most people could say "dude, you don't even have a product yet!". But you instead chose to believe, chose to support us and give us a boost to make this project as good as possible.

You chose to believe. And that's wonderful, and we're pretty aware of it.

So... what now?

We focus on delivering a rad videogame for you to enjoy!

Also, once we have more progress on the actual game development, we will also contact you to start working on the different rewards. If you backed on 50€ or more, we will contact you to give you access to the private forums.

And our idea is to post once a month to keep you tuned about the dev!

Thank you, really. You've been the very best! (:

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: January 01, 2017, 05:54:14 AM »

WHAT WE DID DURING THIS LAST MONTH?

PROGRAMMING - nothing. Our programmer is finishing MAZEMAN. On January we will make a plan for the whole game + we will look for a way of adding short animations in the game (that's our number one priority on that field).

And we're discussing about some kind of demo but not a demo. Like re-using the engine and the assets to create some sort of mini-adventure that captures Monster Prom but with a conclusive plot. A smaller product to keep people excited! Similar to what we saw from Starr Mazer or Night in the Woods, right?

Not sure, but we're discussing about it!

NARRATIVE
- we're creating event ideas (with the help of our awesome crowd-designers!). I also contacted our other narrative designer (Cory) to start again with dialogue writing (he was out due to stuff). He has first to add some feedback changes to a latter batch of events. We have so far ~50 events totally written. Not sure if I'm 100% happy with all of 'em but they're generally pretty cool! Right now we should create at least 300 event ideas (we have 100-150 so far) and then write them down (we have around 50 so far)

We have also defined the characters a lot more!

ART - Art recently worked on feedback changes from the last art sprint. We've applied small changes and adde some minor things. Examples: 

> A new item we forgot to add before 

> Miranda and Vera faces on their prom models 

> Damien's shoulders on her alt outfit model 

> We turned the "PR AGENT" item into a monster person instead of a human 

> We added 2 other illustrations to the LIBRARY event (we had Kickstarter and Online Poker and now we added Bitcoin mining and Email scam) 

> We added 2 more backgrounds (improved prom background and cafeteria background) 

> More stuff I'm probably missing 

Right now we're all in with Scott's rework, since it's the last and biggest change of 'em all. If you are part of our awesome private forums or follow us on Twitter, you probably have seen the different iterations. Here's our current (and probably final) decision to make

And we started to work on alternative outfits. We already did the gym outfits. The idea is that when you encounter a love interest in the gym, he or she will wear the appropiate gym clothing. If we have enough funds, we would want to do the same with the auditorium costumes. There are also the regular alternative outfits (which might be the direct next thing we will do).

Then our next art tasks will be

> Secret endings

> Some ending credits' images

> The final ending illustration

> Some of the first monstersona rewards. 

So excited about that. Art is mega-talented, really!

MUSIC - I contacted the band that did the song we used on the demo. I would love to have them to make the music in the game. I've also talked to some alternatives. I have this idea for the game's music. There will be the "main theme or promo song", the "ending credits song", and then I want to have 1 to 3 tracks that will be present during the whole game (1 for all the game or 3 and we change it from week to week). What I'd love is this track or tracks to have 7 variations. The regular one and 6 tied to the different locations. Even if they are variations, the theme has lots of "connection points" were it can go from a version to another one. So when you choose a location, the song will turn into the according variation as soon as possible. For instance, the outdoors' version is more party-like, while the library one is more electronic (since you use the computer there) and the bathrooms' one has touchs of rock or punk. Not sure if this is possible or viable given our budget. But as a concept I love this.

BUSINESS'n'COMMUNICATION - we are applying for several events to showcase the game. We're in contact with some youtubers. We've been contacted to make an adult version of the game. Many exciting opportunities.

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: January 25, 2017, 08:30:17 PM »

Hey! We're discussing music issues and we're talking to a band, but we wanted to open our current toughts about Monster Prom's music in case someone thought he/she was a right fit for it:

We would need some tracks for some different times at the game (at the general map, shop, some other moments).
And about composing something, we had this interesting idea:

It'd be a track with 7 variations.
The regular one and 6 tied to the different locations. Even if they are variations, the theme has lots of "connection points" were it can go from a version to another one. So when you choose a location, the song will turn into the according variation as soon as possible. For instance, the OUTDOORS' version is more party-like (maybe some EDM vibes), the AUDITORIUM one has some orchestra touches to it, while the LIBRARY one is more electronic (since you use the computer there) and the BATHROOMS' one has touchs of rock or punk. Not sure if this is possible or viable given our budget. But as a concept I love this.

About the regular tracks and the overall vibes and game

We're looking for something that sounds kinda garage, maybe a bit swing, maybe a bit of both. We let ourselves to be surprised. It has to feel vividly young and alive. It might have some spooky touches, but that has to be a plus, not the core. The core is the youth spirit, the garage vibes.
As videogame music it has to be enough awesome to enhance the game experience without being too loud to the point it distracts from the game (so there might be voices making some kind of noises but not like singing or talking, since that would be quite distracting). The music has to be noticed without distracting nor bothering the player.

The game shines because of its acidic and absurd humor. These are young monsters living their youth to the most of its extent: doing ridiculous and stupid stuff to have fun and have the time of their lives. The game is about dating, but that's just an excuse: the true experience is 4 friends gathering to play a session of 45' to 90' while drinking and laughing to the crazy stuff it happens in the game.

And follow us on TWITTER
antrikshbali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 25, 2017, 09:51:21 PM »

Hey there!

It's great to see that you're open to considering music from composers. I would be interested in making music for your game. I haven't gone extensively through all the stuff you've already finished in your game, but from what I see in the art and at first look, it definitely seems quite interesting for me as a game music composer. I think I could be a good fit for your game!

Could you tell me more about what kind of music style you're looking at? I've done a lot of orchestral, a lot of electronic stuff and a ton of stuff in between Here are some public links to my work -

http://antrikshbali.com/portfolio
http://soundcloud.com/antrikshbali
http://antrikshbali.com/credits
http://soundcloud.com/antrikshmusic

A lot of my more recent stuff up to till about 6-8 months ago is perhaps still not widely available, but I can give you a private streaming link to some more tracks from 2016, if you're interested (I could PM that link to you)

As a whole, I've done a lot of game jams, indie games and slightly not-so-indie but more commercial games as well. I recently finished working on an RPG that's releasing in March. So yeah, I have tons of experience doing this thing.

I would love to talk to you some more about this and super excited about the opportunity to create music for your game!

I look forward to have a conversation. I'm on twitter too, btw. so you could DM me there at @antrikshbali (that's where I found this forum post, I follow you)

Cheers
Antriksh Bali
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: January 26, 2017, 05:36:50 AM »

Could you tell me more about what kind of music style you're looking at? I've done a lot of orchestral, a lot of electronic stuff and a ton of stuff in between Here are some public links to my work -

Sure. It's described with all detail in the message above yours actually!

And follow us on TWITTER
antrikshbali
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 26, 2017, 07:34:22 AM »

I'm okay with doing swing and/or garage.

the 7 variations idea is cool too. I'm guessing they'll all be 30-second or 1-minute loops in different styles and you could just crossfade between them depending on the regions in the game. and orchestral / edm both are doable. Rock too.

I don't completely get the idea behind the youth spirit / garage vibes, but hopefully if you could give me examples for that style, I would be able to do that too.

what kind of a budget do you have for the music?
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2017, 02:08:07 PM »

Awesome!

Can you contact us at [email protected] ?

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2017, 05:57:27 PM »

Hey!
How are you doing?

I wanted to share some progress of the game. This week we got our alpha version. It's... working! People seem to love it so far
*__*

What do you think? Wink

And follow us on TWITTER
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2017, 09:40:56 PM »

diggin it!!!

do y’all still need tunes i remember i shot you a message like a year ago iirc

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: August 09, 2017, 08:34:55 PM »

We might need music! But we wanted to finish some other stuff first.
And to be completely honest, after much debate, we might first try to buy some tracks from a Russian band as our first option!

And follow us on TWITTER
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic