Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 08:36:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904481 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: April 29, 2014, 02:21:41 AM »

ArchieBlade is the worst.
I played it for like 30 minutes, but its fundamentaly broken. The problem is, person who made it probably saw beatemup game on yawtube.
I took black shaolin monk and his alt attack covers meter before him, its can be avoided by backpedaling and locks you in like 3 seconds of animation. After not being able to land a hit on some anime dolls spamming me, I took Bayonetta. Her main attack is shooting pistols in jump, covering 180 before her. Nuff said.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: April 29, 2014, 04:53:28 AM »

its a f2p mmo where the main selling point is that the female characters have big boobs, what did u guys expect?
Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5302 on: April 29, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »

I'm still playing FTL: Advanced Edition. I think I was playing it when I last posted in this thread. I've possibly been playing it constantly since. It's cruelly addictive. I know the random events are too arbitrary. I know even on Easy I'll never equip my ship sufficiently to win the final battle. I really can't justify my constantly returning to it. And yet.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5303 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:37 AM »

I'm still playing FTL: Advanced Edition. I think I was playing it when I last posted in this thread. I've possibly been playing it constantly since. It's cruelly addictive. I know the random events are too arbitrary. I know even on Easy I'll never equip my ship sufficiently to win the final battle. I really can't justify my constantly returning to it. And yet.

I'm slowly getting a grip on FTL and how it's actually easier than it looks, but you have to act a bit differently than the game expects.

There are a few ways you can mitigate the randomness and get an upper hand:
1) search every possible node in a sector before you get caught up to. zigzag up and down. you may find an event that gets you murdered, but you'll die at the end if you're unprepared, so risk it. moving through nebulas in non-nebula sectors slows the rebel line.
2) pick fights. go to hostile sectors. pirate sectors especially, because they infrequently use missile weapons and are frequently unprepared for more than one kind of weapon.
3) don't count out Augments. Distraction Buoys is cheap and delays the rebel line by a step, which is 1-3 more spots to explore. Drone Recovery Arm basically means you'll never pay for drone parts again.
4) find farmable ships. Say, a ship with a laser/beam weapon that can't penetrate both your shields. Them shooting your shields will level up your shield crew and your pilot and engine crew (evasion). Taking weak potshots at them will level up your weapon crew. wait until everyone ranks up, then flatten them and move on.
5) don't rely on autofire. this takes practice, but a bit of timing can make the entire game easier.
6) never accept surrender terms unless you're about to die or they include a bonus: crew/augment/weapon etc. Way more scrap from kills.

If you play a bit slower, you can find a lot of stuff you'd normally run past.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5304 on: April 29, 2014, 01:59:41 PM »

This is all great advice!

feminazi
« Reply #5305 on: April 29, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »

step 1 read a wiki
step 2 now that u read it u dont hav to paly it
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5306 on: April 29, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »

I'm so sick of all my games I finally bought Rust
I've only played it a couple hours but so far it's pretty underwhelming
I think it will get more fun with a little more effort put in to build a good base or watever

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: April 30, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »

BTW, Broken Age is on sale: http://store.steampowered.com/app/232790/

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5308 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:53 PM »

Tropico on PC and Skulls of the Shogun on iOS.  I cannot get the Tropico theme out of my head.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5309 on: May 01, 2014, 03:47:08 AM »

Rust is a very frustrating game

Like the game it's based on, DayZ, people with guns act the exact same way.
When they see a fresh spawn with no loot on them who is LITERALLY nude they will either snipe you from somewhere you can't see or hold you up in an attempt to make you do stupid games before executing you.

This wouldn't be all too bad except, unlike DayZ, the power stays where it already is.
In DayZ it's possible to 1 hit anybody using an easily found melee weapon, that person could have been covered in guns and armor, it doesn't matter, they are dead now and it all belongs to you.

In Rust, melee weapons are ineffective and their effects can be further reduced by high level armor, meaning those with all the guns, cocaine and white bitches can never lose it except to a larger group of aristocrats.

The game forces you to mine-craft basic gear at the start of each life. At first I thought I liked this more than DayZ's horrible fruitless and clunky looting simulator but instead it's worse.
This means that every time you die you are greeted by the exact same amount of tedious crafting instead of your starting equipment being composed of random crap (sometimes good crap) from nearby, like in DayZ

Very frustrating gam

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5310 on: May 01, 2014, 04:38:30 PM »

Still playing Hearthstone, a lot! Got a card back styling from April's season. Still trying to find out how much I can climb in the ranked play ladder without spending  Hand Money Right Hand Money Right on it. I got up to rank 18 before going back down to rank 20.

Also started to play Dragon's Crown with my wife on my PS3, I find the game pretty relaxing, even though sometimes the battles get hectic and messy (kinda reminds me of Marvel vs. Capcom) and next game I'm eyeing is Thomas Was Alone, which I got from PS Plus.

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5311 on: May 02, 2014, 01:46:30 PM »

Played Minimum for about 1:40, and it's pretty good. A nice TPS - there's not nearly enough of them out there, to me. I liked how large the levels are and how they encourage vertical movement. I like that the combat doesn't feel twitchy like Quake or something like that. It kind of reminds me of Lost Planet, though it does move somewhat faster. Anyway, it's a free weekend.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5312 on: May 02, 2014, 02:04:29 PM »

Having finished DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold, I've moved on to The City Beneath. Lots of stuff is different, but the quality is just as high as the previous game, if not higher. Still loving the series. I'm hoping I'll finish it up just in time for The Second Sky to be released. I'm going to be sad once the trilogy is over, but maybe Caravel will continue doing side stories or other puzzle games afterward...

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 03, 2014, 04:55:06 PM »

Rogue Legacy

Not bad, the classes don't really seem to different to me so far. I like the whole lineage thing. That's pretty cool.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5314 on: May 03, 2014, 08:15:22 PM »

The differences become more dramatic as you level up, particularly when you unlock their secondary abilities. A fun game, if somewhat flawed.

VoytekPavlik
Level 0

Freelance Music & Sound Production

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5315 on: May 03, 2014, 11:02:06 PM »

Constantly playing Contract Wars, and Counter Strike (CM Swat), on Mobile.

My Music Portfolio:

Freelance Music Production for Games

Where my music is featured:

Metal Venture
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: May 04, 2014, 06:18:33 AM »

A first person shooter on mobile? That sounds like a disaster.
VoytekPavlik
Level 0

Freelance Music & Sound Production

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5317 on: May 04, 2014, 07:31:28 AM »

A first person shooter on mobile? That sounds like a disaster.

CM Swat is alright for mobile. Once you get a hang of it, it's fun skill to have.The Contract Wars is for desktop/laptop. It's on Facebook actually, for free. Nice graphics, effects, realistic guns and action. Ideal for an old timer fps fan like me.

My Music Portfolio:

Freelance Music Production for Games

Where my music is featured:

Metal Venture
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 04, 2014, 09:28:11 AM »

I picked up Mibibli's Quest on Fallburg's recommendation, and it is really great.

Even if you played it strictly as a Megaman clone it'd be worth it. The level design does a good job of mixing up the monster and obstacle types while throwing new things at you all the time. As an example, one of the very early levels is set at a rave where monsters throw Dance-Dance Revolution style arrows at you, and if you get hit you have to hit the corresponding button to avoid damage. Later levels involve glass blocks that shatter into spikes, toxic water that kills you if you stay in too long, lasers that suck you in and chase you as you leap across platforms, and a weird level where your jump sends you flying and forces you to time what is above you. You'll also get a boss fight at the end of nearly every level.

The levels have a really eclectic variety to them in the themes. Among the level names you'll explore are "Rave", "Digitown", "Flying Crumbleship", "Eggs" and "Crystal Cars". The graphics are reminiscent of Space Funeral with lots of weird lo-fi art, and levels packed with bizarre NPCs and oddly contrasting themes and characters. There's also a lot of levels: over two dozen, including several secret levels hidden within other levels.

The game has a handful of secrets to find, including bonus items to collect and secret shortcuts if you find them. I got the credit roll, but I still have a few more levels to beat and at least one secret item left to find.

If you play at the "Normal" difficulty (the game offers two easier difficulties) the game is pretty grueling - expect to replay most of the levels a few times while you build up your muscle memory and learn how to dodge all the boss's attacks. Late in the game you'll build up a small assortment of powerups that you'll have to use in combination to avoid mazes of instantly lethal spikes or fight gauntlets of minibosses, so it gets pretty tough. On the other hand, you'll have to play on Normal if you want to see all the content in the game so you should hesitate to turn down the difficulty too quickly.

Since the bulk of the game is Megaman-style platforming, don't go in expecting Frog-Fractions style hilarity. There are a couple of silly genre swapping levels, but you'll be doing lots of platforming and boss fights between them.

The game is pay-what-you-want, but it's a steal at the $10 CAD the developer recommends. I've put in about 8 hours and I'm still missing some stuff. This game really deserves a Steam release.

Also, if somebody finds the Vent A level, let me know. I haven't been able to locate it.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 04, 2014, 10:20:49 AM »

Not sure if it's Vent A, but here are all of the Vent's I've found

Cave -- After the check point, about a screen or 2 before the boss, there's a section with a ton of glass blocks in the ground.  Go forward a bit, kill the computer box guy, and then let the bike come back and take out the glass blocks

Crystal Caves -- Beat the space invaders games

Eggs -- After the first check point and the first ball-worm there will be a zig-zaggy section of bombs that ends in a ?red? egg.  Shoot the bombs, jump on to the egg, and jump to the exit on the right.  This will lead to a big screen of spikes, glass, and destructible blocks.  Fall down  and to the right and then use the cross power to make it through to the exit.

I'm still missing one of the secret items having found

The hammer and the three humanibli items.  Any ideas on the 5th item?
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic