Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 10:09:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1958189 times)
colinshark
Level 0

Greased Beast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6220 on: May 17, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »

Howdy! I am Colin.

I got started with SEGA GENESIS. My favorite Genesis game is Subterrania.

I PC gamed though the late 90s, which was a grand time for games. My games were:

Half-Life
Homeworld
TFC
Counter-Strike

I also made TI-83 calculator games and modded my Half-Life. One of my HL mods had planes.

A couple years ago, I started my "Gimbal" project. Gimbal is my indie game in which players build and fly 2D ships around, and blow up other players.

That is who I am!

I make Gimbal - Build Ships - Multiplayer - Physics
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6221 on: May 17, 2013, 11:49:14 AM »

TFC

fuck yeah TFC!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
colinshark
Level 0

Greased Beast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6222 on: May 17, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »

TFC has convinced me that your game can look like shit and still be fun.

TFC didn't just have a lack of graphics, it had some gnarly bad graphics.

I make Gimbal - Build Ships - Multiplayer - Physics
Dave_Bits
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6223 on: May 17, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »

New to the forum, been around the block a few times.  I'm just really getting back to my roots of programming, for the last 20 years I've been designing semiconductors and am looking for a change, and thus, I'm here.

Getting back to my programming roots; but been a hardware developer for 20 years.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6224 on: May 17, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »

TFC has convinced me that your game can look like shit and still be fun.

TFC didn't just have a lack of graphics, it had some gnarly bad graphics.
by 1998 standards, those graphics were rather good

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #6225 on: May 18, 2013, 02:36:50 AM »

Hi all!

My name is Carlos, and i'm a computer science student (this is my last year I hope!). I've developed videogames since i was a kid (prototypes and hyper-basic games Tongue). But now, i'm working in a small independent game studio called GloveCat Studio.

This is me, reading a high-techology 3D Map:

I love videogames since i was very young, especially RPG,RTS,Shooters and racing games!

Basically, i'm an old school PC Gamer, but since 2008 I have a Xbox 360 and I've played Mass Effect, Skyrim, Bayonetta, Super meat boy, BioShock, GTAIV and many more.

One of my favourites games :D

Yes! Baldur's Gate 2, in my opinion, the best RPG ever made by the human race.

Another kick-ass game (AoE2):

Currently, I'm developing two games, one for GloveCat Studio, and another one for my own.

This is a preview screenshot of current GloveCat Studio's project. It's a 2D action-platformer and spaceship game. I want to create a Devlog on this forum very soon to show you the progress, but we need a playable version first!

My own project has no screenshots yet, but is a multiplayer 2D shooter  Cool

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #6226 on: May 18, 2013, 04:49:19 AM »

This is a preview screenshot of current GloveCat Studio's project. It's a 2D action-platformer and spaceship game. I want to create a Devlog on this forum very soon to show you the progress, but we need a playable version first!

That looks nice, it would be awesome if you made a devlog for this Smiley
Leka74
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6227 on: May 18, 2013, 11:27:37 AM »

Hello I'm Leka (it's pronounced like Lecka). I'm 19 years old from Kosovo, currently studying Law. I've started playing games since I was like 5 years old. I've been tinkering with computers, coding and designing for a while now. I've developed a non-gaming desktop software for Pastebin which has like 17k downloads. Now I've grown interest into game development and I started to develop my own game called NexOS for several months and I hope I can finish it later this year.
devi ever
« Reply #6228 on: May 18, 2013, 09:25:04 PM »

High there.  This is me...

I'm Devi Ever.  Have spent the past decade building a guitar pedal business from the ground up while half-assedly working on a music career that never went anywhere, and now I'm returning to my childhood dream of becoming a video game developer. Smiley

My earliest memories are of the most random indie-games on the PC.... such as Moraff's Revenge...

... and the original original goofy stick figure animations of Alfredo!

Sometime in the late 90's early 00's I slowly spent less and less time playing video games as I pursued music and transition, but I never could quite forget my first love of video games... and here I am today... learning the very basics of game design thanks to Game Maker, and slowly picking away at actual programming, starting with C++.

I guess that's about it for now. Smiley

I'll be posting devlogs over at the devlog subforum as I am able on video games I'm working on... actually, just started one for WHIP IT! - Morty's Revenge... which you can find here : http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=33540.0

.... and see a screenshot of below....

[edit]

... and this is me when I was a kid, standing in front of a mother fucking SR71 Blackbird...

[/edit]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:52:51 PM by devi ever » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: May 18, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »

Who need real programming when the best game are made with game maker and unity Well, hello there!

Fetthesten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: May 19, 2013, 02:28:24 AM »

Yeah, hi! I'm Tryggve, from Norway. I'm 32 years old, and I really like video games. Programming and making games have been lifelong dreams of mine, but so far nothing much has happened apart from a few Klik'n'Play/The Games Factory games of dubious quality, made when I was a kid.

Even if my career turned out differently than I expected when I was a kid (I never finished computer engineering school), I've kept on programming as a hobby. I'm currently working on a simple 2D game, and I'm hoping to have something playable to present to others (ie. you lot) in not too long.

As for games that have influenced me: I love Nintendo games. I never owned a Nintendo console when I was young, but several of my friends did and we used to play together. NES favourites include Super Mario Bros. 3, The Legend of Zelda, and River City Ransom (or Street Gangs as it was called over here). Basically: If it's a Mario or a Zelda game, I've probably played it to completion. Several times.

However, I grew up on the PC. When I was a kid it was the LucasArts adventure games, then came Doom and Quake, and later on, Deus Ex. Along the way, I also managed to get addicted to BioWare/Black Isle RPGs, and I still buy and enjoy their games today (well, Obsidian's games, at least). I prefer my games to have a mix of challenging action and role-playing elements, and I love games that let me explore.

As for indie favourites, I like the obvious ones, like Cave Story and Super Meat Boy. I try to keep up on the latest indies, and I find that indies are better at providing me with that special emotional connection than major-publisher games are these days. There's always something interesting - emotionally - going on in the indie scene, like the naked adrenaline and laser focus of Hotline Miami, or the serene relaxation and wonder of Proteus. I'm also a huge fan of Vlambeer, and I've been enjoying Monaco lately.

So, yeah. That's a bit about me.
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: May 19, 2013, 04:02:17 AM »

That looks nice, it would be awesome if you made a devlog for this Smiley

Thank you Dr. Cooldude! and of course, I'll make a devlog, we'll need a lot of feedback Smiley
raithza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6232 on: May 19, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »

Hi! I'm Ruan. Here is a photo of me attempting to look cool but failing miserably:

Started programming with GW-Basic. Been playing games since like, forever. Currently I work at Free Lives on a game called Broforce:

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #6233 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:38 AM »

Seems like many from the Broforce Team are joining this forum. Smiley
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6234 on: May 19, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »

by 1998 standards, those graphics were rather good
The graphics may be good, but the art is imo "gnarly bad" as mr shark puts it.

Hello to all newcomers Coffee

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6235 on: May 19, 2013, 06:32:25 PM »

yeah, what a pity they didn't make it more like zelda pixelart huh...

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6236 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »

Nah, it's just very flat and lifeless, like a lot of its relatives. A lot of modern lowpoly art has kept the similar spec but imo looks much better as game art and as standalone art.

I don't even get why we're arguing about this, do you thing TFC looks fantastic or something?

heisenbergman
Level 2

LoGaP

View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: May 19, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »

The indie games community is so small...
^ First seven words of the thread...

...my, how the times have changed. Smiley

Hey guys, I'm working on a game right now: Should I just slap that onto the devlogs subforum? Is that a sort of anything goes subforum; or, should I have strict deadlines/an end-goal in mind when I create a thread on there? Thanks!
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6238 on: May 19, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »

Anything goes there really, there are an alarming number of unfinished topics so as long as you've got something to show and are planning on continuing work on it, go ahead.

Welcome.

heisenbergman
Level 2

LoGaP

View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: May 19, 2013, 11:38:32 PM »

Thanks Smiley Actually, what I'm working on is a "learning project" of sorts. I'm studying video game development using Java after having been trained to use it in college (which was ages ago). I've been into it for just barely a month but I think I've got something good going, so I might considering putting it on there.

What I'm sure of is that it's a physics-based 2D platformer. What I'm not so sure of is I want to focus on action or puzzles... basically what the general mechanics of the game is going to be. I pretty much just don't know in which direction to take it.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic