Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:18:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject: Ascendance - A 3 part Transmedia Project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project: Ascendance - A 3 part Transmedia Project  (Read 439 times)
Dro_aa
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 10:44:29 AM »

Project Ascendance is a 3-piece transmedia project that’s main focus is create a large universe that people can dive into at any point and from any background.

My notes over the years.

The main pieces of this project:
1.   A text adventure (currently near feature complete)
2.   A table top RPG (in early development)
3.   A novel (pre-production stage)

So far, I am currently at the stage where I can begin thorough playtesting so I’ll announce that in the playtest forums shortly.

ABOUT:
Ascendance is a universe in which I wanted to ask the question: how would the world be if Magic were an integral part of the universe and world. How would land geography, religion, politics, growing up, evolution, and many other parts of our life change in the wake of Magic being a constant.
I have used many resources as sources of inspiration, from The Elder Scrolls, Harry Potter, East Asian religious principles, and current western politics. The idea is to take what we have and twist it in a story that people can digest.

Lockdown, the Text Adventure is recently reaching its final stage of development. Currently it is made exclusively for windows as it is made in Batch. I am contemplating creating it in Mac’s basic command language or compiler for those who like the Apple products. I am finalizing the last block of the text adventure and creating a scenario to test within the Table – Top. As I continue making the game, I'll be posting more updates on a few things as well as provide some other goodies (lore).

I've been currently using Twine to map out my blocks. This is 1 of multiple blocks of text to alleviate clutter.

Here is what it looks like in command.
Info
•   Project Start: April 2016
•   Playtest forum: (link incoming)

---

Other Details
•   Twitter (content updates): twitter.com/dro_aa
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:01:36 AM by Dro_aa » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic