Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 09:19:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer looking to build up a small UK-based team
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer looking to build up a small UK-based team  (Read 850 times)
archangelmorph
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2014, 04:17:28 AM »

Are you a talented Artist or Designer?

Are you London (or at least within reasonable distance to make it down to the city for occasional meets) based?

Are you keen to collab on an exciting project with the aim of Kickstarter'ing it into full-scale professional indie production?

Do you like Sci-Fi, Space Operas and Pigs?

Do you have the dedication, time and most of all the cojones to work free-time hours and risk in all for a successful KS campaign leading into full-time development, or fail and return back to your normal life, minus a hundred man-hours or so free-time lost?

If so then you maybe the person(s) I'm looking for...

Right, now let me introduce myself..

I'm a software engineer and ex professional games programmer with about 6 years experience in games development under my belt. I recently moved out of games professionally about 2 years ago however I'm looking to get back into the thick of it, albeit this time, leading a group of budding, like-minded peers into a team I hope we can grow into a dynamic and successful indie games development posse. First and foremost however, I'm keen to build the Right Teamâ„¢ and so aim to spend the first 4 months as we ramp up, getting to know each other, the project and plan, as well as doing pre-prod, setting up a proper website for the game and more.

What I'm looking for:

2D Artist - I'm hoping to find a super talented artist who has honed their craft working on 2D content from concepts to game assets and 2D animations. A discipline leader who can take ownership of the visual direction of the game, working out a style that will not only pop eyeballs but also promote the kind of rapid development required in order to practically get this game out the door. I'm not looking to build a big team and so you need to be able to face the world alone with your work and work with the rest of the team to help make our game a real head-turner. Previous experience with BrashMonkey's Spriter is also greatly valued (as this is what we hope to use for animation work) however it is not a requirement.

Game Designer - I'm hoping to find a strong, passionate and dedicated designer with either professional experience or a proven track-record of shipped indie work behind their belt. A self-starter who can really take the vision of the game and make it their own, working closely with myself and the team to communicate practical and exciting ways to flesh out the game and make it into something unique. A strong team player who understands the value of listening as well as sharing their own ideas and can diligently work to help build out the world using the editor and tools available. Practical scripting experience is an absolute requirement and experience using Unity is also beneficial.

Coder (?) - I'm not currently looking to bring in another programmer in yet, however if things really take off and as a team we feel the need for it, or if you're just an all-round superstar candidate and you're really keen to join in on the fun, then I would love to hear from you.

The vision here is to build a long term partnership of trust and creative execution that will allow us to grow and nurture a lean, mean fighting machine of a team, that can pull punches with some of the best indies in the world, and build epic IP, that we can grow and mature into the next Big British Institution. A tall order of course, but "nobody never did anything exceptional when they didn't aim for the sky..."

So if you fit the bill and you're keen to sign up and let rip, unleashing your creative forces on the world then please feel free to get in-touch ([email protected]) as I'd love to hear from you. Bearing in mind I'm trying to put preliminary feelers out right now and hope to finalize the team over the course of the next 3 months, aiming to begin actual [team] development work sometime in May this year.

Thanks for your time TIGS.
archangelmorph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:51 AM »

Just to follow up with an update on this:

So far we've got a designer on board so we've filled that position.

I'm still looking for a London-based Artist though..

Also I'm currently working through getting the site set up with some details on the game we'll hopefully be working on and I will update once I have something to show that will hopefully "tantalize and excite" :p.
Hyperios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:03:01 PM »

In the UK just, can't meet up. BUt I can skype :D

Hello all, my name is Hyperios.

I'm posting here to offer Independent Studios of any kind (Films, Games, Animation etc) free music
so I can bulk up my portfolio a little bit.

If you're interested in free, composed music (Not premade songs or tracks) for your Film, Game or Animation,
then please contact me and we can work together on your project.

You can contact me at:

My Website: www.hyperios.co

Thank you Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic