Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 05:21:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsterrible artist looks for programmer to make games with [REAL][RARE][18+]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: terrible artist looks for programmer to make games with [REAL][RARE][18+]  (Read 1455 times)
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:14:28 AM »

look at my stuff here http://hunter.digitalhaven-ent.net/

i can not make myself learn to program. it is not my *thing*
so instead i wanna have someone else do that + collaborate on game ideas

first though i wanna work on this

my ideas for this game are growing very Powerful and can not be stopped
send help
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:29:08 AM »

Hi.
I'm a programmer.
[Unfake][Exquisite][NSFW]
zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:07:37 PM »

terrible artist looks for artist to make games with

i can not make myself learn to art. it is not my *thing*
so instead i wanna have someone else do that + collaborate on game ideas

first though I wanna work on <JRPG>

my ideas for this game are growing very Powerful and can not be stopped
send help

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:13:09 AM »

i'm a programmer looking for an artist to collaborate on game projects.

however as a first project together i would prefer to do a simple casual game, that we can finish in weeks. i think that would be much more realistic than investing months in a bigger game project and then vanish halfway through

iOS & Android developer
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »

i keep trying to figure out how to word this more politely because i've been getting messages from a bunch of people who wanted to start out small for their first project together
but i give up

i've been working as an artist for peoples' terrible games for way too long to have any interest in dealing with someone who is too insecure about the idea of working with an artist to really make something that they want to make

i'm asking for someone who has similar interests and goals - not to work for free
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »

people , fatman wants a progamer to spit coed for him , if you not progamer , don't think about it
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 06:25:06 AM »

People want to start small for their first project with someone because they've been burned and seen so many others be burned on projects that were too big and got dropped after they put a *ton* of effort in.

I don't blame them.  I would never sign up for an ambitious project with an unknown partner.  It has to be a small project first.

And for the record, most of the small projects I've signed up for have fallen through, too.  I'm talking things that should have been as little as 2 weeks, but never got beyond a couple pieces of art.  Ugh.  Now, I don't even consider collaborating with an artist that doesn't already have enough art for me to make a (very small) prototype.
F8_Sean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 06:58:41 AM »

Your lack of capitalization scares me.

I've been working on an RPG engine off and on for a few years, but I don't know where I want to go with it. I'd need an artist/designer to collaborate with, but I have no idea where you're going with this. My suggestion is to prototype your game, define the scope, show some kind of direction to pitch to a partner. Your art looks great, but you need to sell yourself as a potential co-developer.

I like programming odd things. If you're looking to collaborate on something C#/XNA/MonoGame/PSM, hit me up!

Blog | Portfolio | Twitter
bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 07:27:40 AM »

@wccrawford I sympathize with you because I have been through similar experiences in the past. i have also been in situations where i have done working prototypes and the people involved ran off and did the actual project with third parties. that's why i smile every time i am contacted by someone to do a prototype and never hear again once i mention signing a binding paper.

iOS & Android developer
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:26 AM »

and that's fine. that's cool. artists are notoriously unreliable, you've got your insecurities and they are well earned

keep them the hell away from me is my point. i have no interest in working for free in order to build up someone's trust and no amount of explaining your reasoning is going to change that. you can't demand that your artist prove that they are willing to work with you before moving on to bigger and better things, do absolutely nothing in return, and expect that to go over well.

like, if you want to go down that road - i've been left on my own for countless projects. programmers are just as unreliable as artists but the difference is that i'm not projecting those insecurities about ex-coworkers onto the people i'm looking to work with now because i realize that the people i am asking now are not those people i've worked with in the past.
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 08:48:26 AM »

Yeah, there's no way I'd sign "binding paper" for a project that isn't paying me.  Ever.  That's insanity.  I'm not surprised they run away.
mikehaggar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »

i sent you a pm, dude. i'm totally interested in working with you. i'm a talented programmer and there was a link to my work examples in the pm. let's make something happen!
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »

I actually found someone! forgot to post in here saying so but thank you for all the offers

like for real that was a Lot of people thank u all
mikehaggar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »

well, keep me in mind if you find yourself needing a programmer!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic