Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 09:18:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsArtist seeking programmer for Space Shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist seeking programmer for Space Shooter  (Read 784 times)
eddieion
« on: March 09, 2014, 04:52:21 PM »

Devlog
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=39611.0

I'm in the early stages of creating a 2d pixel space sandbox shooter. It will feature point and click RTS style ship movement, but the player will only control their own ship rather than many - kind of more like a MOBA; but with more of a roguelike permadeath narrative. The project isn't overly ambitious and the art style is 2bit black and white - but depending on how much progress is made it's definitely an expandable idea.

If you've ever played and enjoyed Faster than Light, or love the visual styling of Nave; this aims to be something similar with regards to gameplay and aesthetics (respectively). I'm not thinking of a release for any platform in particular I've just been developing a certain combat mechanic for a while on paper and would really love to put it into practice.

If any programmers that love a bit of science fiction are interested please message me and we can discuss working on a project. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:01:46 AM by eddieion » Logged
GrayBalloon
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »

Is it single player or multiple players?
pmprog
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 01:38:42 AM »

PM'd you
eddieion
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 05:00:37 AM »

Is it single player or multiple players?

At the moment I'm just focussing on getting the engine done; movement, weapons, ship-building. Ultimately i'd love it to have a multiplayer element to it but I'm not quite at that bridge yet.

---

Some more updated screens of the art style, which is still being tweaked a lot to make it more distinguished. An overview of sectors that can be 'jumped' to using jump gates. And; a selection of ships built using some pretty simple tiles.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:59:30 AM by eddieion » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic