Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411550 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 07:36:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeGashapon/Gachapon Collector - REVIVED
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gashapon/Gachapon Collector - REVIVED  (Read 2754 times)
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »

Hi folks!

If you'd like to skip the readin' and get to seein' what the demo's about, please visit http://shengames.com/flash/gashaponshop/.

My last post regarding this piece of "game" was over 120 days old and decided, as per the suggestion of the red text, to start a new topic.

Some background info...
The original idea was to create a simple "game" that had users collecting different gashapon based on different properties.  More importantly, properties that the indie community is a part of.  The original idea went away as I couldn't figure out a "good way" to do it and my motivation to actually create something was rather low.

Fast forward a year or two and I find myself enjoying AS3 and realizing that I now have the chops to actually implement this idea.  It's taken a week or two of train rides to work to finish it to this point, but feel like it's polish time and content creation time.  I've also switched it over from gashapon to cards, as the 2d representation makes more sense this way.

What I'm asking...  Beg
I would love to have a set within the game of all the TIGSource folks willing to participate and a piece of their art.  All I need is a 180x252 image, title, description and URL (this will be added soon).  I have some Flash devs who will be allowing some art usage (NinjaKiwi and Nitrome) as well as character designer SuperDeux.  I'd love to see your work in it too!

So, that's my request.  Thanks for your time!   Beer!

Play the WIP Demo: http://shengames.com/flash/gashaponshop/
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »

The only problem I foresee is the fact that... it isn't very entertaining. I have no reason to play that again, unless you update it or something, with new cards. But that, again, is only for one more time.  Shrug It is nice to see your awesome art in there, and soon others too... but it needs some actual gameplay, is what I'm saying.
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »

The only problem I foresee is the fact that... it isn't very entertaining. I have no reason to play that again, unless you update it or something, with new cards. But that, again, is only for one more time.  Shrug It is nice to see your awesome art in there, and soon others too... but it needs some actual gameplay, is what I'm saying.

Agreed!  It is strictly a demo.  The plan is to have hundreds of cards, some packs only available during certain times of the day as well as only available to certain members (you upgrade over time).  It's a "collecting game" experience.  My inspiration actually comes from the gashapon machine in Shenmue.

I can say that if you find collecting cards to be boring, then this probably isn't your cup of tea.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »

Agreed!  It is strictly a demo.  The plan is to have hundreds of cards, some packs only available during certain times of the day as well as only available to certain members (you upgrade over time).  It's a "collecting game" experience.  My inspiration actually comes from the gashapon machine in Shenmue.

I can say that if you find collecting cards to be boring, then this probably isn't your cup of tea.

Yeah, I assumed so! I'm not a big collecting fan, really; But I was oddly transfixed by it for that short time I played it. And that sounds pretty good, too. Best of luck!

(Also; What was that timer for?)
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »

well... collecting VIRTUAL cards is a lot more boring than collecting real cards

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 05:48:59 PM »

I once had an idea to make a virtual gachapon machine but it had eggs. Within the eggs were toys and mini games like those found in Warioware.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic