Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 09:16:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeUnique abilities in a roguelike
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Unique abilities in a roguelike  (Read 4817 times)
Durza
Level 0

What pumpkin?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 06:44:16 AM »

However, on your other post, I saw Athelete... So I'm going to give you some specific suggestions for a type of athlete, the "Track Star"
Ignoring the "track star" part, this made me think...Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, the Roguelike?  Grin

Ach! Hans, run! It's the lhurgoyf!
Curseman
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 03:13:50 AM »

Warrior skills? My suggestion is to take look at Berserk -- http://berserk.chaosforge.org/ -- there you have maybe only a couple of skills, but none of them (except the primary) is a +X +Y to something. Too bad I never had time to polish it more :/

Looking at Berserk, most of the abilities there are things I'm already doing.  Something a lot like the running skill will be covered in the athletics skill tree, whirlwind attack will be in under the same name, sweep attack is just a downgraded whirlwind attack, and impale attack will be in as rush.  Jump attack is a good idea though.

Ignoring the "track star" part, this made me think...Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, the Roguelike?  Grin

The guys who did Barkley actually have made a roguelike.  I've never played it, so I don't know if it's any good.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic