Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411604 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 03:14:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBlocky Blaine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blocky Blaine  (Read 1618 times)
BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »

My new physics based puzzle game has been released! You can play it in your browser at the links below. Let me know what you think.

NOW ON ANDROID MARKET!

Play At Bob_Hoil
Play At Kongregate
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:29:20 PM by BobHoil » Logged
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »

First, the positive!

The game works! And is playable.
You finished a game! That's really important, I think.

Now for some criticism...

A lot of the levels boiled down to clicking all the blocks really fast, although I did play a few levels where I had to think for a bit. There are minor bugs, such as the blocks end up drawn over the "next level/restart" popup, and the music track only plays once - you should try to find a different song since the current one isn't very enjoyable to listen to.

play hydlide 2
BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

Thanks for reviewing and playing the game! I am currently working on a big update to the game. I released a new version that fixed a couple bugs.

I may release the game in the future on mobile so as much feedback as I can get is perfect.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »

pretty funny face, buti agree with seagaia about rapid clicking solving most of the puzzles Smiley

also if you're aiming for mobile, you've got the awesome tumbledrop to compete with, so be warned! :D

BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:55:31 AM »

Well I have done some testing on android and I think I may release it for the platform. Will have to see how that goes though!

In the mean time I have well over 50 plays on my site Bob_Hoil and over 170 on Kongregate. That is getting me close to my goal of 500! So any support will help!
chrishughes2d
Level 0

@chrishughes2d

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 02:02:58 PM »

The main thing I would say is the game is too short. It is enjoyable while it lasts, but with most levels being quite easy the game is finished in 2-3 minutes. Mobile users will likely have high expectations given other similar games often provide 100 or more levels.

If you spend some more time building lots of interesting levels, this could be really cool. Well done.

BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »

Thanks for playing Chris! I am currently working on adding in more levels and also fixing a couple bugs I found before I release the game onto android and update the version here on the web.

I will update this topic once I release the new version of the game. I am going to try to get 20 levels in at before release then plan on updating the game and adding more as I develop it further.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »

It doesn't start for me, I just see an ad and a grey screen

Think happy thoughts.
BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »

What version of android are you on? I have been having compatibly problems with HTML5. I may end up making it just native code instead of an HTML5 embedded in a webview.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 04:34:16 AM »

I am on 4.03

Think happy thoughts.
BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 07:17:34 AM »

Okay I am working on getting it fixed right now. I will update this post when I release a working version for 3.0 up. 3.0 seems to be having issue too.

EDIT: Think I found the culprit. Has to do with calling JavaScript locally on 4.0. Looking into a fix right now.

EDIT2: Should now work on android 4.0!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:41:13 AM by BobHoil » Logged
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 06:53:56 PM »

It works now, but the size of the game area is significantly smaller than my actual screen size. Other than that it is pretty neat

Think happy thoughts.
andotherisms
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »

The Kongregate version is buggy for me. Grey screen or frozen title screen, for some reason. Otherwise pretty cool guy/game.

I think I'll see this face in my dreams.
BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 04:57:52 AM »

Thanks everyone for the good reviews! Be great if anyone who downloaded the android version could rate it in the market!

Also I am working on increasing performance and some new levels for the next update to the game. This update will come to the android and web versions of the game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic