Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 08:48:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallProblem Machine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Problem Machine  (Read 447 times)
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2012, 05:09:26 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this. I haven't been active on the tigforums for quite some time. If this topic would be better suited to another forum, do feel free to relocate it. (edit: I notice after posting it that topics on this forum don't seem to get many views. I may need to relocate it based on that principle alone.)

So. I'm starting a new website. As of right now, it's just a wordpress blog, but within the next month or two I plan to set it up with its own domain name. I've spent the last few days feverishly producing content for it, and now that it has a bit of meat for people to sink their teeth into I'm ready to release it out into the wild:

http://problemmachine.wordpress.com

The articles, thus far, are focused on different aspects of game design. I've tried to make them as entertaining as possible to read, while still exploring ideas and concepts I rarely see addressed in the game industry in possibly edifying new ways. So far, feedback by friends and family has been positive, but it's time to see if this bird can fly. So, I'm asking all of you to give it a try. If you know anyone else who might like it, anyone who's interested in the same subjects or might enjoy the humor or writing, link them to it. I'm scared to put this out there, I'm scared to commit to exposing my mind so regularly and exhaustively, but this is something I need to do.

Right now, the content is exclusively essays. Over time I plan to expand it to include music, concept art, and dev-blog entries for projects I will be working on. I intend to write one more essay today before transitioning to a two-essay-a-week schedule. All of this will be detailed in a post I should be making sometime tomorrow.

If any of you can think of methods or opportunities for me to expand my readership, please don't hesitate to speak up. I have some ideas I'll be pursuing in the not-too-distant future, but making this post (and others like it) is my first step down this path.

I hope you enjoy your time in the Problem Machine.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic