Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411604 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 02:42:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSockie Bomb Magic an 80s style arcade game released earlier this week!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sockie Bomb Magic an 80s style arcade game released earlier this week!  (Read 620 times)
Auxiliumgames
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2012, 07:47:29 AM »

Hey guys, I found this site, through some tweets when I was checking out that breakout/platformer ninja hybrid game (which is awesome), and thought that a Game I recently completed might fit in OK here.

The game is heavily influenced by 80s arcade games and early 90s arcade games, and a full version of the game is playable for free here:

http://auxiliumgames.com/play-sockie-bomb-magic/

Also if you would like, there is a quick gameplay video available for previewing the game before you play to see if you would be interested:

The title might not really explain much about the game, so I will try and briefly describe it.

The player plays as Sockie, and the goal is simply to get the highest score on the global score board. To do so, Sockie collects magic runes. However, it is not easy. Sockie has many enemies. He also has many tools at his disposal including bombs, grenades, hammers and pills.

As Sockie bombs his enemies to get by them, they absorb any magic he may have been carrying. This is good because it increases the score multiplier every time it happens, but it's bad because when the enemies absorb magic, they begin to attack.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to being part of this community, and I hope you enjoy the game!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic