Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 09:22:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSUPER BIG GUN ADVENTURE - flash
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SUPER BIG GUN ADVENTURE - flash  (Read 924 times)
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:13:42 AM »

(Our hero approchaeth the castle)

Embark on your epic gentlemanly quest to wield the one gun to rule them all. Use your gun's ridiculously powerful recoil to jetpack yourself over obstacles and destroy enemies.

Play : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/597453
or http://www.kongregate.com/games/nfyre/super-big-gun-adventure
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:31:37 AM »

Pretty tough game I thought. When shooting the enemies I was hoping for feedback of how far along I was in killing them - couldn't tell if I had to shoot their hats or not. I thought the mechanic was cool but inherently difficult, I sometimes felt at the mercy of where the gun would push me. When dying, the 3 second respawn annoyed me, although I did like that as a sort of checkpoint system for as much as I played the game. I enjoyed the music a lot.

play hydlide 2
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »

Loved the music, pretty funny game but very hard.

ortoslon
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »

text signs hold my hand far too much

close camera encourages blind shooting, you should zoom out
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 06:20:05 AM »

Pretty tough game I thought. When shooting the enemies I was hoping for feedback of how far along I was in killing them - couldn't tell if I had to shoot their hats or not. I thought the mechanic was cool but inherently difficult, I sometimes felt at the mercy of where the gun would push me. When dying, the 3 second respawn annoyed me, although I did like that as a sort of checkpoint system for as much as I played the game. I enjoyed the music a lot.
It's interesting, half of the people I talk to say that the game is too easy/short, the rest say it's too tough. I initially had the green guys get bigger and bigger as you shot them until they popped, but that was somewhat game breaking. I'll keep the indication in mind for a sequel though. Also, hats are fair game, they're gentlemen after all  Gentleman

Thanks for the other comments! I also agree that there may be a bit too much text, but at least you can skip it all. I'll figure out something better to do with the camera in the future. Maybe some map system or arrows pointing to close enemies off-screen.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

haven't I played this before? is this a port or a remake?
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:17:56 PM »

haven't I played this before? is this a port or a remake?

It's a flash port with updated graphics/gameplay/extras. All the levels are basically identical to the original though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic