Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 09:29:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMyrkvi. Ancient Times Memories - 3D Tabletop RPG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Myrkvi. Ancient Times Memories - 3D Tabletop RPG  (Read 5409 times)
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »

Wow the Beholder is CREEPY. Great variation on an old standard. Blintaur looks interesting but it's kind of hard to see in the image - it's rather dark. (at least on my screen).

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 10:56:43 AM »

Looking good, I feel--I especially like the pose. ^_^

I do think that it could use some more variety of colour--even if it's just variations in shade or hue.

[edit]
Blintaur looks interesting but it's kind of hard to see in the image - it's rather dark. (at least on my screen).

On my screen there's plenty of contrast between light and dark, but I think that the uniformity of colour causes some of the detail to be lost, for me. (It's entirely possible, of course, that my screen has a higher brightness than yours.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:03:17 AM by Thaumaturge » Logged

MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »

I'll try to get a better image of the design tomorrow. Thanks for the warning.
Here it is a conversation example I side the video game. It's a real dialogue taken from the story.

Myrkvi. Ancient Times Memories - 3D Tabletop RPG
Twitter
MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 08:05:32 AM »

Here you have the first Katherina's illustration

Twitter
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »

I like the new conversation system--it looks simple but effective. Can the player skip conversations?

I'm curious about the mention of a village of draugar--are you sticking with something similar to the folkloric undead (which I wouldn't expect to be all that sociable, or peaceful, for that matter), or departing significantly? (Or is there perhaps another application of the term that I'm unfamiliar with?) It does make sense for a necromancer to be interested in them, however...

Am I seeing correctly that new lines of dialogue appear at the top, with the text thus reading upwards? If so, this doesn't feel natural at all to me--especially when lines still wrap downwards.

Regarding the text itself, I think that I noticed some grammatical issues, and some instances of awkward phrasing; if I may, it might be worth having a proofreader look over your text at some stage.

I really like Katherina's design--especially her (presumably) magical prosthetic leg. (But then, I am fond of both magitek and the colour green. ^_^) Her pose looks rather good, too, I think!

That said, something about her face doesn't look quite right to me--I think that you have the lower half turned away from the viewer a little more than the upper half, making it look sharp-edged. Given the orientation of her brow, I would expect to see a bit of her far cheek; conversely, given the orientation of her mouth, I would expect to see less of the far side of her brow.

MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 03:15:01 AM »

Sorry, we've been a few days without posting anything. We've checked the dialogue system and some designs; we'll show them in the next couple of days. Thanks for your comments.

Now we want to focus on a new contest. We are carrying it on Facebook and Twitter, we are giving a  steam copy of Aragami.

Anyone can take part on it by Twitter or Facebook in the established date (up to 14th February 2017 at 23:59).

The rules to be followed to take part on the different social networks are:

Twitter: It is necessary to follow the  twitter account of “Myrkvi. Ancient Times Memories” and retweet the following tweet:

Valentine’s day contest in the shadows!

Facebook: It is necessary to LIKE our page on  Facebook “Myrkvi. Ancient Times Meories”, comment the following following post * and share them

like public in their personal wall.

Valentine’s day contest in the shadows!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:40:00 AM by MyrkviATM » Logged

Twitter
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »

We've checked the dialogue system and some designs; we'll show them in the next couple of days. Thanks for your comments.

Fair enough, and my pleasure, respectively. ^_^

MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2017, 07:42:46 AM »

I have been sick for a few days, but everything is ok.

Today we introduce the Skeleton, a new enemy. Don't underestimate it.

Twitter
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »

I'm sorry to read that you were sick, but glad if you're better. ^_^

As to the skeleton, it looks good--a little flat, but then the lighting seems dimmer than in at least one previous image, which may not be doing it justice. I rather like the weapon--it's something unusual, and the brassy colour suggests a tool of an older age. Is it a weapon from our world's history?

MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2017, 11:24:29 AM »

Actually, all the weapons and almost all the objects that will be found during the game are based on real objects, but with a different use. In this weapon case, it is a ship screw which has been removed two of its blades, that's why it has that colour and shape.

Twitter
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »

Aah, I see--that's interesting! I take it that there's a lore reason for this--scavenging fragments of now-forgotten technology, perhaps? (That would seem to fit with the title, for one thing.)

You say that all of the weapons are based on repurposed objects, but Katherina and Max's weapons look like true swords--are the protagonists exceptions, then? Or are those perhaps constructed using objects that simply happen to closely match the shape of a sword-blade?

MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2017, 01:14:00 AM »

Yes, that's one of the title explanations. Some weapons have more clear references to other objects. However, other weapons only have references on the hilts. Those more simple weapons just look like ancient ones.
Some equipment and weapons make reference to classical objects from popular culture, E.g. other videogame s' weapons or magic rings from literature.

Twitter
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2017, 10:03:44 AM »

Ah, that clarifies things somewhat, I think. Thank you for elaborating! ^_^

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2017, 10:03:35 AM »

I like the art style!

Also, is the game in several language versions? I couldn't help but notice "un puto labirynto" in the first screen in the first post Tongue
MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2017, 02:06:23 AM »

@Thaumaturge: There are some thing in the story that will remain as a secret until the game is published, since they are main part on the storyline. Thanks for understanding it.

@Zireael: Thanks! When the game is released it will be both in English and in Spanish. Nevertheless, we are planning to translate it into German, Chinese, Japanese and Icelandic.

Twitter
MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »

I introduce the new gameplay, I hope you like it.

*Thanks Thaumaturge, I fixed the "dice" problem.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:44:48 AM by MyrkviATM » Logged

Twitter
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2017, 03:51:39 PM »

Interesting!

The cutscene showing the... moon, I presume? -was rather pretty, and evocative, I feel!

Similarly, the chanting and music--the former especially--that played during the dungeon crawl were delightfully eerie. ^_^

Rolling dice to move is an interesting idea; I could see it producing some interesting moments, I think.

Before I continue, I'll confess that I don't generally like heavy reliance on dice-rolls in combat mechanics, so I'm somewhat biased here. That's not criticism of such systems, however--just a matter of personal preference, I believe.

That said, those combat dice went by very quickly--I'm honestly not clear on what happened, although I gather from the icons that appeared just after each roll that some sort of "attack vs. defence" check was performed.

How does the combat go? By the looks of it, the player's choices are primarily in positioning the characters, and choosing who to hit, and when. Will there be skills to choose from (in addition to simple attacks), perhaps?

The slowly-filling moon (I presume it to be) in the top-right is intriguing--may I ask what that signifies? A time limit? Some manner of power-bar? Some environmental effect on gameplay--the moon's phase or state exerting some influence on magic, perhaps?

By the way, regarding the name "Prepare Your Dices": "Dice" is the plural form of the word, with no "s", I believe; the singular is "die" (as in the phrase "the die is cast").

MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »

We have introduced some eclipse zones, that only will affect some phases in different durations. Apart from darkness, this eclipse situation will cause changes on the enemies and high risk of random happenings.

We have also change the mixed combat system. Now you can see the dice rolling and the results, but you can’t interact with the dice.

Another change has been the system of searching, that shows you hidden stuff or actions that only take place in specific places, i.e. the “lullaby” gameplay.

The skills and the objects (or change the weapon) can be used with the cards that you see in the bottom right.

Twitter
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »

Ah, I almost missed that you'd changed the video embedded above!

We have introduced some eclipse zones, that only will affect some phases in different durations. Apart from darkness, this eclipse situation will cause changes on the enemies and high risk of random happenings.

Ah--I hadn't noticed that the level was darker after the cutscene than before; looking now, it does seem to be so. That seems like it could be a neat little gameplay mechanic.

Hmm... A suggestion, if I may: when the level darkens so, perhaps add a light around the player, so that things nearby remain somewhat visible without losing the overall darkness.

We have also change the mixed combat system. Now you can see the dice rolling and the results, but you can’t interact with the dice.

Ah, Fair enough.

Hmm... I see the dice now, but they don't seem to show any numbers; there's just the (presumed) "attack" and "defence" values that appear alongside them.

I wonder--are there stats that are affected by those die-rolls, and if so, is it perhaps worth showing the relevant calculations (such as in a combat log)? This might aid the player in following what's happening and why, and thus attempting to make better decisions as they learn, I suspect.

I also don't see any indication of health--is this intentional?

Overall, how does the player determine which enemies to fight, and which to flee or avoid?

Another change has been the system of searching, that shows you hidden stuff or actions that only take place in specific places, i.e. the “lullaby” gameplay.

Interesting. Is there any cost to this? Is there a range-limit (such that searching a large room might call for moving around it, rather than just activating the ability once)?

The skills and the objects (or change the weapon) can be used with the cards that you see in the bottom right.

Are those implemented yet? They might be worth showing off in a video, I suspect.

MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2017, 03:51:28 AM »

Thanks for the commments! There are different eclipse levels, some darker than others. There also exist light spells and the option to get some torches. So what you say about the light around the player, it is not necesary.

It's a good idea to show a little result log, we have already done something similar with the search results in order not to be a little bit messy.

About the life and difficulty of the enemies, there won't be any specific way to know it, rather than the player's own experience. Anyway, the game is prepared not to face any impossible to fight enemy. taking into account the player's progress.

The standard search ability only covers the player's sight range. Some objects and player's abilities offers to do wider search. Each character could do a search once in a round, instead of performing an action or using an obnject.

Right now, we are developing the cards that will appear in the right bottom, we'll show it soon, thanks.

Twitter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic