Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 09:08:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpace Pizzas: A multiplayer top-down shooter with pizzas
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Space Pizzas: A multiplayer top-down shooter with pizzas  (Read 1753 times)
mtmckenna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 06:37:39 AM »

The player can’t interact with them yet, but this week I added cheesteroids to Space Pizzas:

The idea is that players will be able to shoot these cheesteroids and pizzas will pop out, which can then be collected.

mtmckenna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »

The cheesteroids can now be exploded in Space Pizzas:

Additionally, I made the ships have some depth and reflect directional light--I think it looks a bit better.

Next up is to have them drop pizzas that can be collected by players and bots.

mtmckenna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »

When cheesteroids explode, they now spawn pizzas that can be collected:

The number of pizzas you collect will show up in your profile, assuming you’ve created an account.

I might leave the game at this level for a little bit and check into how I can incorporate a couple of my other games into the spacepizzas.com domain.

In other news, I wrote a blog post describing how I used Amazon SQS to communicate game events between Node and Rails.

mtmckenna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2017, 04:49:05 PM »

Hello!

Spent most of my game dev time this week looking into Ember Engines as a way to have spacepizzas.com host all of my current games: Space Pizzas, Croissant the Pizza Cat, and Croissant Hoops.

The nice thing about Ember Engines is that the games can be lazily loaded so that, while they may feel like they are all part of the same app, the user doesn’t have to download all three games at the initial page load.

I also published a post on using GlimmerJS and TypeScript to prototype games.

Relatedly, I’m going to try to post more regularly to the my personal blog. For that reason, I’ll probably not post back on this thread much (I was on a weekly cadence before).

If anyone was reading these on the regular, thank you for checking in on Space Pizzas!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic