Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 08:04:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralCatharsis: Things that irk you
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Catharsis: Things that irk you  (Read 1408 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »

communications and a little history on the side

ok communications is basically for idiots but history wasn't much different. pretty much the only times i had to study on my own was when i had to write papers
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »

well im doing a life sciences degree with a professional accreditation and i have to work with humans, so. but unless you do original research isnt history by definition learning facts.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »

Double majored in CS and Russian, didn't get much out of my classes, didn't put much effort into them anyway, still graduated magna cum laude and with like 30 more credits than I needed to graduate, can't speak Russian, and I have an extremely well paying IT job that had nothing to do with any of the CS classes I took. All meaningful computery stuff I taught myself.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 03:40:47 PM »

When you mentioned CS and Russian I thought you were talking about Counter Strike but then I realized you meant computer science.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 04:14:17 PM »

well im doing a life sciences degree with a professional accreditation and i have to work with humans, so. but unless you do original research isnt history by definition learning facts.

not really. it SHOULD be about understanding processes and making connections and etc. but in practice all the tests were pure rote fact learning except the one i mentioned earlier itt where u had to find arguments for and against statements. i think teaching methods are just crap in my country honestly. that 1 good test was by a french guest professor lol.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »

I'm against teaching body positivity to children because it's offensive to those who have or are trying to transcend into energy beings.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »

I'm against teaching body positivity to children because it's offensive to those who have or are trying to transcend into energy beings.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic