Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411574 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:17:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpaceJourney! (alpha)---- (space simulation mixed with 1st person shooting)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SpaceJourney! (alpha)---- (space simulation mixed with 1st person shooting)  (Read 697 times)
lava89
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:25:08 AM »

Hi everyone

I finally got around to posting my project that I've been working on for at least 6 years!

In SpaceJourney, you assume the role of a lone space pilot in a small cruiser. You fly through the galaxy exploring the unknown.

Being that you're the sole commander of your ship, you command it manually from the inside. And not only can you walk inside your small ship, but you can also walk outside of it, with anti-gravity.

Through your travels you'll run into natrual hazards, which you will shoot with your gun (like a first person shooter)....and enemy star ships ready to annihilate you, which you'll fight through your ship's systems in the style of a tactical combat game.

The objective of this game is to go to four different sectors and find four pieces to an artifact, using your tractor beam.

DOWNLOAD

Controls:
Use WASD keys to move forward and strafe.
Press R to switch between hand and gun mode.
Hand mode allows you to pick up objects and click on interface buttons.
While gun mode is for shooting enemies and grabbing objects.

Left and Right arrows turn your ship, but only when you are at console at the front of the ship's bridge. And pressing - or + adjusts mouse sensitivity. Pressing esc \ escape pauses. The rest of the controls (like for the ship) are pretty self explanatory but feel free to ask!

I have many updates planned, which will include just basic bug-busting but also significant additions, but I feel that this release captures what I had in mind since I started this project. Here's what I have planned in future (potential spoilers):
-Overall Polish
-A tow-able freighter (will expand on this when I get closer to releasing this update)
-Expandng the space station to include some puzzles
-A radio which can play music and receive distress calls
-scannable items that will reveal their names and info
-a defense \ guard panel to possibly scan enemies and give you tactical info
-destructible asteroids in the asteroid belt sector
-items that can be picked up and moved around
-possible tutorial
-sound FX!

But I am looking for general feedback!

Screens:

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:56:57 AM by lava89 » Logged