Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 02:58:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingInspirational Game Dev Video Diary
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Inspirational Game Dev Video Diary  (Read 568 times)
DevMax
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »

Hey guys,

I have been working on a game in Unity for a little while now and along with building the game
I've been recording and making a video diary chronicling my game development escapades.
I am very excited to finally unvail this thing which took way too much of my time to create!

Here it is in its 720p glory(unless youtube messes it up) :

A few quick shots from the game:

I truly hope you guys like it and find it somewhat helpful to what you're currently doing. Even
if not, grabbing a nice cup of coffee and watching me elaborate my game development
process, should be inspirational

I hope to make more of these things, though, this one took quite a bit of effort. If you guys
like it, drop me a line, it might give me the push I need to make the next on a reality Tongue

Thanks!
-Max
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:44:50 PM by DevMax » Logged
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 02:23:20 AM »

Looks good.

Just one piece of constructive criticism from me (though I'm no expert):
The HUD pieces (Ammo / Health) seem like they're on a 2D plane and are just slanted. I think the effect you're trying to get is that they're slightly 3D, as in they are further away from you nearer the centre of the screen. If so you should make the sides further to the right smaller, as it'll create the effect of being further away. At the moment (in my opinion) they just look like they're awkwardly slanted.

GL!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic