Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411605 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 03:55:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 535046 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6760 on: June 09, 2016, 09:21:16 AM »

(could have sworn i had already replied)

To tell the truth, DkS1 doesnt perform super well on my laptop, as I barely reach 24fps on the Undead Burg. I tried dsfix when it was out for a couple of months, and didnt provide any way to boost performance. I will probably take a look later to see if there has been an improvement.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: June 09, 2016, 09:52:17 AM »

oh ok, if it doesn't run at 30 on your laptop, then dsfix is probably not going to help much either.

but wait, dks1 runs at sub-30 and dks2 runs at a solid 60?
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6762 on: June 09, 2016, 11:07:44 AM »

Yep. That was what baffled me the first time I ran DkS 2. Hell, DkS1 runs at 720 while 2 runs at 1080. I mean, its not at its highest settings, but still only like 2 settings are on medium/low.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: June 09, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

ok that is really odd. on my laptop(macbook pro running boot camp), dks1 is stable at 30 and dks2 is a rollercoaster to the point where i almost kinda want to lock it to 30.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6764 on: June 12, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »

Murdered the Dragonslayer after like my 20th try, then went to see a guy from the blue stuff who didnt do shit, went back to the forest of fallen giants, gave a try to the pursuer, murdered him after like my 15th try, went to the lost bastille, murdered loads of guys and dogs, decided to not try the fog wall, went back to the wharf, cleared the area for the most part, murdered the flexile sentry on my 1st try, found a guy who teaches me spells (havent found any of them that great), got a fireball spell, went back to the lost bastille from the wharf now, murdered more guys, found more treasure, and just went back to farming on the third forest's bonfire. Maining a battle axe holding it two handed (mostly) and soul arrow spells.

Bosses have been hard but not gut wrenching yet.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:27 AM »

i've never had a problem with the dragonslayer in dks2. im not sure i ever died against him in fact.  btw, with what we find out about ornstein in dks3, is it now safe to say that the old dragonslayer in dks2 is NOT ornstein? i mean, his armor is just called "dragonslayer armor", so it's possible that there were other dragonslayers wearing the same armor (kinda like havel wasn't the only one wearing havel's armor), right?

btw, i have to say that the bosses i like most in dks3 are the "gimmicky" ones like yhorm, ancient wyvern, deacons, greatwood etc. it feels almost like a return to demon's souls approach to boss design, where the bosses' narrative role is more important than them being some kind of ultimate challenge.

i am tbh kinda sick of all those dodge-heavy poke fights like pontiff, soul of cinder or nameless king, esp since bloodborne already evolved those kinds of fights in such a smart way. the fact that there are so many of these fights in dks3 and most of them are mandatory is what makes this the most exhausting souls game to play thru for me (even if it is very good).
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6766 on: June 13, 2016, 03:45:34 AM »

After a long while of not really playing many games at all, went back to Dark Souls 3 and beat it just now! I wonder if I beat every boss, or if I missed something somewhere.
I had a grand ol time, this is an amazing game. Its slightly more linear structure might hurt its longevity though.
I remember after playing through DS1 for the first time, I wanted to play it again immediately because I was thinking about where to go first and how to get different sets of gear quickly, like planning a route.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6767 on: June 13, 2016, 08:20:26 AM »

i've never had a problem with the dragonslayer in dks2. im not sure i ever died against him in fact. 

Well, I am a scrub playing 3 souls games in semi parallel still figuring each.

demon's souls approach to boss design, where the bosses' narrative role is more important than them being some kind of ultimate challenge.
Is it explained somehwere where most non archdemons come from? I think I figured Tower Knight and somehwta adjudicator, but some others like Armor Spider (I want a battle like tha one again), Flamelurker and Fools Idol I havent.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: June 13, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »

armor spider: don't remember

flamelurker: ancient demon imprisoned below stonefang to guard the dragon god

fools idol: a demonic copy of the queen of latria, apparently created by the old monk after he was posessed by demons and turned the tower into a giant prison. the prisoners worship her.

tho i didn't mean so much the backstory as how the bosses fit into the structure of the level, thematically, mechanically and in terms of difficulty curve. in dks3 it seems like they often just went for "let's put this really tough dodge heavy dude at the end of this level" and it's just annoying being stumped on a boss for so long. at some point the challenge stops being fun and you just wanna make some progress. in dks3 this is exacerbated by the fact that the progression is pretty linear so you often can't just try something else if you get frustrated. other souls games wisely tucked those kinds of bosses away to optional dlc areas (sulyvahn for example is literally a remake of a dks2 dlc boss).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:26:24 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: June 13, 2016, 01:07:18 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232077

For first project, it seemed like action RPG with dark fantasy setting but approached from different angle than Dark Souls
For second project, it could be a reboot but also a new game with ideas that came from their previous franchises.
For third project, he says it's something different from what the company has been doing previously. He says it will be a bit weird.

CRAZY FROMSOFT SPECULATION TIME

first game is king's field 5.

second game is either an armored core reboot or another souls spinoff in the vein of bborne

third game is the rumored VR game
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6770 on: June 13, 2016, 02:42:02 PM »

i think the 1st one is a new dark soulsy IP headed by other not-miyazaki peeps (dark souls 2 team??). the other two sound like the drastically different stuff miyazaki was talking about pursuing, so im guessing he's more actively involved with those.
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6771 on: June 13, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »

re-starting development on black blade maybe?

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: June 14, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »

finally finished my second playthru of dks3. i beat soul of cinder first try. i used to hate this boss, but now i like it. it's one of the most "learnable" bosses in the game.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6773 on: June 14, 2016, 12:01:12 PM »

In that link of yours Silbereisen there is edit(?) saying that Miyazaki confirmed one of those three projects being Armored Core.

My DkS3 Pyro playthrough is going well. Beat Oceiros today. Pyro with Swamp and Witch's ring is quite powerful and this time I don't feel completely helpless with end game enemies, though haven't encountered much lothric knights yet.
Have also done lots of pvp-coop in Anor Londo which has been interesting. I wish there were more funny and silly invaders to screw around with though :/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: June 14, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »

oh man my pyro playthrough (which was also my first) was so botched. i went in blind and missed izalith and karla and only got a chaos gem very late, so i didnt have any of the actually good pyromancies.

i think im gonna try a sorcerer next. tbh i like the way magic works in this game, like both with the FP bar and the various teachers and spellbooks. shame it's a little underpowered but o well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:00:42 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6775 on: June 15, 2016, 12:04:57 PM »

Is sorcery still underpowered after patch? Didn't they boost it recently? Pyro works nicely PvE though I use only Chaos Fire ball Shrug

tortoiseandcrow
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: June 16, 2016, 10:10:05 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232077

For first project, it seemed like action RPG with dark fantasy setting but approached from different angle than Dark Souls
For second project, it could be a reboot but also a new game with ideas that came from their previous franchises.
For third project, he says it's something different from what the company has been doing previously. He says it will be a bit weird.

CRAZY FROMSOFT SPECULATION TIME

first game is king's field 5.

second game is either an armored core reboot or another souls spinoff in the vein of bborne

third game is the rumored VR game

I'd be tremendously excited by an Armored Core spiritual successor that delivers on the dark fantasy/mecha combination that Miyazaki has been musing about for a while.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: June 16, 2016, 12:07:34 PM »

the gear system in the souls games is already closer to armored core than any normal fantasy rpg. SO...

anyway im hoping for a new armored core but without the multiplayer focus of 5 and verdict day. i mean those games were COOL and all, but no one played them so you were basically limited to playing the campaign alone which was unbalanced AF. i gave up at some point because it was just too tedious.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6778 on: June 16, 2016, 01:21:13 PM »

why is armored core so beloved? is it a mech thing? im not into mechs plz explain.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: June 16, 2016, 01:29:30 PM »

it has a really extensive mech building system.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic