Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 03:58:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo Switch (formerly NX)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)  (Read 66432 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2016, 08:17:38 PM »

rumor lottery

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1291439
NX Subreddit mods "verifying" the the source of NX *RUMORS.*

Rumors:

Marketing

"Interact with your game on the go." phrase seen on a poster.
Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99

Bundle

The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99

Packaging

The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U's packaging.
The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U's blue and black).
The packaging still says "NX" however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.

Features and Specs

4k streaming has been mentioned. - What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I've heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.

dreamcast vmu confirmed

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2016, 06:27:11 PM »

rumor

of course
Pinqu!
Level 1

So it has come to this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2016, 06:41:48 AM »

rumor lottery

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1291439
NX Subreddit mods "verifying" the the source of NX *RUMORS.*

Rumors:

dreamcast vmu confirmed
Instant buy confirmed!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:03:13 PM by Pinqu! » Logged

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2016, 08:19:37 AM »

Oh, hey, there's a thread about this here.

Someone somewhere (Talking-time's Forum?) suggested mind control.

That'd be something else, and would indeed be a super crazy, inventive way to play games that hasn't really been done successfully before with a gaming console. However, I wonder about the "pick-up-and-play" ability of such a control scheme. AFAIK, controlling things using brain waves requires training the brain to reliably output specific signals, or for the mechanism to be trained to pick them up because the person's unique - not sure which.

Maybe it could work if that training was super consistent and tied to user accounts, synced to the cloud so you rarely, if ever, have to do it multiple times.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2016, 09:14:49 AM »

Pinqu!
Level 1

So it has come to this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »

Oh, hey, there's a thread about this here.

That'd be something else, and would indeed be a super crazy, inventive way to play games that hasn't really been done successfully before with a gaming console. However, I wonder about the "pick-up-and-play" ability of such a control scheme. AFAIK, controlling things using brain waves requires training the brain to reliably output specific signals, or for the mechanism to be trained to pick them up because the person's unique - not sure which.

Maybe it could work if that training was super consistent and tied to user accounts, synced to the cloud so you rarely, if ever, have to do it multiple times.
Mind control... hell no! time control.. I heard they took inspiration from the Southpark episodes where Cartman freezes himself because he doesn't have the patience to wait for the Wii's release.. You can even make prank phone calls to both the past and the future.. so I have heard! Can't wait.. Thinking about freezing myself as we speak actually

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »

I can see how you've both become confused, but you're both wrong. It's mime control. The NX is actually a set of two mimes delivered to you house in an unmarked cardboard box. After purchasing your invisible cartridges (Nintendo's keeping it oldschool) and placing the invisible cartridge in the invisible console the mimes will begin playing out your video game experience in 3D so realistic you will swear you were there (in fact, you will be).

Sony, having caught wind of Nintendo's new (old dying craft) technology, is trying to come up with something similar with their own patented clown control technology but they are struggling with the tech due to its tendency to illicit responses in their game testers ranging from belligerent agitation to unbridled terror.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2016, 02:55:17 PM »

Wrong again it's meme control, my body is reggie

JWK5
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »

Wrong, it is actually M.A.M.E Control, basically the NX is just stolen M.A.M.E (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, and fucking awesome) code and as per Nintendo's usual we're getting a bunch of re-releases (this time in the form of old arcade games, "...but now with nauseating faux-3D!").

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »

I can see how you've both become confused, but you're both wrong. It's mime control. The NX is actually a set of two mimes delivered to you house in an unmarked cardboard box.
You must've got one of those cheap Hong Kong knock-offs, no real mime would come in a cardboard box. At least you've got something to play with, mine just arrived but it got damaged in transit because the batteries ran out from the constant motion of trying to keep the integrity of the box and now I have to send it back at cost to myself.
JWK5
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »

Originally they came in an invisible box and were delivered by an invisible truck but ultimately the shipping delays became too lengthy and frequent for that to be a viable option.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2016, 07:17:58 PM »

Watch it actually be mind control now. Cheesy

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2016, 08:04:07 PM »

Nup, rhyme control. They're bringing back the LaserScope only this time it accepts more voice commands than "fire!". Expect a flood of rap battle and poetry slam games.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2016, 08:39:59 PM »

I think mind control would be pretty cool. Of course, I'm grounding myself in reality here and talking about something like being able to send only a few discrete signals and only after significant training, and it wouldn't feel like just naturally thinking 'I want to do X' of course (though with conditioning, it could start to feel as natural as that - and that's the cool part!) I don't actually have any faith in this happening (it sounds like an incredibly risky business decision) but let it be noted that if I ever got my hands on some brainwave-reading equipment I would love to mess around with it.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2016, 08:53:12 PM »

Well the rumor is also that they use Galvanic vestibular stimulation too

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2016, 02:25:04 AM »

The NX will be powered by the methane from the player's own farts.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:45 AM »

How to market a console in 2016: say nothing and let your fanbois do all the work for you.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2016, 11:46:00 AM »

I think mind control would be pretty cool. Of course, I'm grounding myself in reality here and talking about something like being able to send only a few discrete signals and only after significant training, and it wouldn't feel like just naturally thinking 'I want to do X' of course (though with conditioning, it could start to feel as natural as that - and that's the cool part!) I don't actually have any faith in this happening (it sounds like an incredibly risky business decision) but let it be noted that if I ever got my hands on some brainwave-reading equipment I would love to mess around with it.

Yeah, it'd definitely be awesome to try, but I don't think it'd be even nearly as easy to use as a normal controller. No idea how anyone could do a non-binary control (like tilting an analog stick to say, "Mario, move in this direction").

It'd be crazy if it got to the point where you could visualize a stick and move it in a direction, or even just imagine the character moving to output the correct signal. Pretty sure that'll never happen, unfortunately.

On the other hand, even if it were poorer controls in the long-run, I feel like it could even sell better than the Wii if it were easy to pick-up-and-use. The appeal of doing things with your mind is something that transcends video games and gaming. I feel like almost everybody would love to at least try it out.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2016, 05:13:49 PM »

GSGBen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2016, 07:49:43 PM »

How to market a console in 2016: say nothing and let your fanbois do all the work for you.

this but also any large franchise

see: the new red dead redemption hype

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic