Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411605 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 04:10:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPurplex
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Purplex  (Read 1948 times)
Maunomau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 06:22:01 AM »

I also dislike the randomness of swapping, showing the next color(s) somewhere(below scores?) might indeed help with that.
Or maybe swapping same colors would destroy the balls dropping the colors above to replace it(above being away from center).
Hmm have you considered making successful lines drop the tiles above instead of being replaced by random ones?(it'd still be random but only at the top)

No idea if it's a good idea but how about swapping making the color the same as the last cleared line?

While using only mouse is nice and all the fact that swappable colors tend to be so far apart is a little annoying. Something like arrow keys to swap with the color in the corresponding sector would be awesome.

Also I wonder would drawing some sort of nice looking line between lined up colors make it too easy, it might make the game feel more rewarding to clearly see your progress.
krazyjakee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 08:43:24 AM »

Or maybe swapping same colors would destroy the balls dropping the colors above to replace it(above being away from center).
Hmm have you considered making successful lines drop the tiles above instead of being replaced by random ones?(it'd still be random but only at the top)
That's a cool idea.

No idea if it's a good idea but how about swapping making the color the same as the last cleared line?
I think that would change the game too much for my liking.

While using only mouse is nice and all the fact that swappable colors tend to be so far apart is a little annoying. Something like arrow keys to swap with the color in the corresponding sector would be awesome.
That's a damn good idea! My hand gets tired after a few games, so I will figure something out with this.

Also I wonder would drawing some sort of nice looking line between lined up colors make it too easy, it might make the game feel more rewarding to clearly see your progress.
Also a great idea!

Thanks for this!
RichSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 09:08:22 AM »

Good idea and a very interesting concept!  Gentleman

I agree with the first few posters - the levels feel too big and complicated to start off with. Having all the rows right from the start was a bit daunting.

I think one of your of your next steps should be to develop some 'special' circles, that do something extra when swapped. This game reminds me of candy crush a bit (although I don't play that game, have seen it though). I say that because one of the things that makes that game interesting (to some people) are the varieties of blocks you can have. It spices up gameplay a bit.

But you've got a good idea there, which is always a solid foundation to build on Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic