Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 01:16:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905764 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7260 on: August 18, 2015, 11:46:09 PM »

the only time i was ever pissed off about buying a gam was when i bought duke nukem forever full price (don't ask)

Dude I freaking bought wildstar at launch price which was like 70 bucks. It barely ran at 15 fps.
I bought Shaq Fu full price at launch.

I, uh, win.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: August 19, 2015, 02:51:11 AM »

Shaq Fu didn't give you a full fifteen years warning to avoid your mistake.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: August 19, 2015, 03:14:56 AM »

I also got suckered into buying Blood 2, Serious Sam 2, Redneck Rampage which I thought was atrocious and one of those horrible WWF games by Acclaim (I think it was In Your House). No lessons learned there I'm afraid. Man am I glad I got better at buying games.
JWK5
« Reply #7263 on: August 19, 2015, 07:17:21 AM »

...and one of those horrible WWF games by Acclaim (I think it was In Your House).

You take that back!!! Those games WWF Killer Instinct knockoffs were awesome! I mean, yes, they were horrible... but they were awesome! They took Killer Instinct's dial-a-combos and somehow made them hilarious. Now, maybe if you had to play them solo they'd be pretty shitty, but for a neighborhood full of kids they were just classic gaming gold (I think the same rules apply for lovable clunkers like the Battle Arena Toshinden series).

Also, I've let my wife talk me into playing Magic: The Gathering. I keep having to fight the urge to suddenly without warning yell "EXODIAAA!!!" and then slap all the cards off the table.
(I don't actually know what that even means, I just remember that Yu-Gi-Oh! kept yelling it right before he'd lay down a chain of cards and insta-win on this Yu-Gi-Oh! PC game I was playing once.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:37:50 AM by JWK5 » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7264 on: August 19, 2015, 09:12:34 AM »

When I was a child, I ha dsome money saved, and rather than getting lemmings on nes for cheap, I wnet for a Bartman Meets Radioactive Man which costed twice as much. My parents even warned me that lemmings would be the better choice for both cost and enjoyment (i had rented lemmings before and loved it, but i was obsessed with the simpsons)

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7265 on: August 19, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »

I think the same rules apply for lovable clunkers like the Battle Arena Toshinden series.
Oh the fighter memories, I used to kick everyone's ass in this game. It was also one of the more appealing 3D fighters.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
JWK5
« Reply #7266 on: August 19, 2015, 10:45:46 AM »

I think the same rules apply for lovable clunkers like the Battle Arena Toshinden series.
Oh the fighter memories, I used to kick everyone's ass in this game. It was also one of the more appealing 3D fighters.
I know we're all on sequel-overload these days but I wouldn't mind a new Toshinden game. I don't think it ever went beyond the PS1 where it had around 4 games before fizzling into obscurity.

EDIT: Apparently the series had a "reboot" on the Wii.
The game was only released in Japan, and no western publisher wanted to take a chance on it after it sold an incredibly paltry 1,100 copies in its first week of release in Japan in December 2009. You don't need me to tell you those sales are really terrible. It's at about this time where I'd talk about how the game was received by fans, but there isn't a single opinion to be found all over the internet. No one aware of its existence (which isn't a big number) could be bothered to import it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:53:26 AM by JWK5 » Logged
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7267 on: August 19, 2015, 11:36:27 AM »

I guess it is not worth bothering at this point.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: August 19, 2015, 11:38:39 AM »

When I was a child, I ha dsome money saved, and rather than getting lemmings on nes for cheap, I wnet for a Bartman Meets Radioactive Man which costed twice as much. My parents even warned me that lemmings would be the better choice for both cost and enjoyment (i had rented lemmings before and loved it, but i was obsessed with the simpsons)

your parents have good taste
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: August 19, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »

your parents have good taste

Obviously, since they married eachother Smiley

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7270 on: August 19, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »

well, my father enjoyed games as well, so usually we co-oped many games, in particular super bomberman and mostly puzzle games like lemmings, tetris attack and lolo. i think nowadays he just plays worms armaggeddon and chuzzle deluxe tho.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: August 19, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »

my dad hated videogames and my mom was reluctant about them. she enjoyed watching me play gams like mario, zelda, the LEGENDARY goemon 64 etc tho.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: August 19, 2015, 06:32:36 PM »

My mum gave Street Fighter 2 a couple of goes and she even tried SEGA Rally. When I was using Rise Of the Triad to test the first network I ever set up she jumped on the other PC and ran around for a bit before I blew her to pieces and she quickly lost interest. Now all she plays is Bejewelled and Mahjong solitaire games which is pretty lame but whatever.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7273 on: August 19, 2015, 06:59:49 PM »

the only time i got a parent to play with me was when my mom agreed to race me in crash team racing when i was eight. i told her the green nitro boxes would make her go faster (they blow up) and she yelled at me and never played a game with me again. it's pretty funny tbh. she's way better than me at spelltower and drop7 though

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: August 19, 2015, 07:32:31 PM »

My parents see video games as a pure waste of time and something that is completely devoid of interest. They constantly yell at us (me & lil' bro) for simply being on the computer, and they are not even willing to try games most of the time. At least they feed us healthily and don't beat us up I guess.

JWK5
« Reply #7275 on: August 19, 2015, 07:36:11 PM »

My mom rarely played video games but my grandma still plays Zelda, Monster Party, Wizards & Warriors 1/2/3, etc. on the NES emulator I set up on her laptop. I got her a USB NES controller. We used to play them together all the time on the console itself, along with various SNES games. Her hands are pretty shaky but she still to this day tears it up on the NES Castlevania games. I am not really into the whole "I'm more gamer than you" social competitiveness nonsense but I still can't help but feel a sense of pride saying "My grandma can probably kick your ass at that game" and sincerely mean it.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7276 on: August 19, 2015, 07:43:59 PM »

My grandparents knew nothing about games alas.

My mother actually was enthusiastic when I introduced her to Journey one time they visited me a few years ago. She didnt get far but totally enjoyed the ordeal.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7277 on: August 19, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »

i just imported puyo puyo tetris for my ps3. hopefully it's good

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7278 on: August 20, 2015, 03:26:48 AM »

My dad was great at Dr. Mario, now he only plays card games on his macbook.

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Bmud_Team
Level 0

Blow Me Up Dude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7279 on: August 20, 2015, 05:28:10 AM »

I've been playing Cities: Skylines, I'm a bit addicted to be honest. It's like Sim City but on a whole new bigger scale. There is a lot to do! and I mean a lot!

From ensuring fire safety to providing sufficient electricity. People are always complaining! lol but all in all I'd recommend it, I'm playing it on Steam at the moment.

Have a look:

BMUD Team Wink
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic