Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 03:40:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsMini pre-TIGJam in Mountain View on Sep 18th
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mini pre-TIGJam in Mountain View on Sep 18th  (Read 1522 times)
progrium
Level 2

Swords will fucking cut you wide open!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »

Along with TIGJam 3, I'm also continuing to co-organize SuperHappyDevHouse, which was a major influence on how TIGJam's work. It's basically a game jam that's not specific to games. There's games, web stuff, robots, textiles, music, crazy stuff. On September 18th, we're hosting a massive SHDH (300-400 people) at Microsoft in Mountain View (near Hacker Dojo), and I'd love to either get a mini game jam going or just a gathering of any TIGSource indies in the area.

SHDH has gotten so big, we let others host smaller events within it ... which is cool because it helps expose your community/cause, but also puts you in a greater creative environment that you can explore and see a ton of other people working other amazing things. There's a number of game people that come to SHDH regularly. I even got Jon Blow to come once. But I think it's a good crowd that indie people would enjoy.

Anyway, so again, if anybody wants to come to SHDH 40 to hold a TIGSource meetup or mini game jam, let me know! Or even just come by! It's free and there will be all kinds of awesome. It's at Microsoft, so there will be dudes hacking on XNA and the new Windows Phone, which anybody attending can also hack on during the event.

Saturday, September 18th
http://shdh.org/40
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:36:22 PM by progrium » Logged

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
progrium
Level 2

Swords will fucking cut you wide open!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:38 PM »

I totally changed the thread title to get the attention of locals.

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »

That looks like a long walk from Caltrain, anyone wanna carpool from SF?  Beg
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »

If you see a guy in a red TIGJAM shirt carrying around a red kick scooter, stop me and let's jam together.
hryx
Level 0

bleached fife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 03:24:52 AM »

This business was epic. The night was hap in unexpected ways. Giant (but gentle) fist bump to Jeff.

I'm 100% certain I saw moot from 4chan there! I recognize him from his TED talk.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic