Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:42:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsInterstellaria. Space sim. LIVE ON STEAM!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: Interstellaria. Space sim. LIVE ON STEAM!  (Read 101670 times)
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2013, 11:00:46 PM »

more and more menus. Man it's starting to drag me down! Its needed though. You can now equip and remove space guns. This week I'll also be adding a basic power system - nothing that'll be amazing since the guns don't take massive amounts of power.

Here's the video of it in action:

DUSTER - Western Simulator

Tig Blog
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013, 11:42:40 PM »

Ship customization? YES! Install guns, and STATIONS. Be careful to install enough to keep your crew alive. Later on this will also need to be a very careful choice since putting all your stations in one room (and than having the oxygen run out in that room) could be a disaster!

Tig Blog
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:59 AM »

Added a slew of new items to install on your starship:

Here's a video showing off how it all works. It's pretty cool if you ask me!

By the way: follow me twitter! Coldrice_dev

Tig Blog
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »

Basic space combat? Heck YES!

The video gives it a better view:

I plan to make a few test enemy types to target practice on. Without energy allocation, hull leaks/repairs, shield managent etc... there isn't a lot of strategy involved but I feel like the idea is there and that idea is FUN.

Tig Blog
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »

Awesome!

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
doihaveto
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2013, 04:58:13 AM »

I love the UI work. And the "3d" effect hints nicely at retro, reminds me of the old Amiga GUI Smiley

coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »

Ok see this guy?

He's someone you could possible hire to be on your crew.

Something I wont be able to get into very much in the first alpha versions that come out is that your crew isn't going to be all human. In fact many creatures you can hire are not even close to human at all.

This little guy is an alien probe. The species lives vicariously through these probes their entire lives. They explore space and go on adventures without ever leaving their protective chambers. No one knows where their home planet is.

I didn't really feel like working directly on the game, so I decided to work on some concepts instead.

Tig Blog
vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2013, 09:28:57 PM »

It looks like he's dancing up a storm. I approve.

coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 10:27:26 PM »

I'm wanting to create a demo for people to play of space phase ASAP for debugging as well as to see if it's any fun. I had to implement some text bubbles early for tutorials sake:

Actually it's kinda fun

Here's a description on how it's done. Nothing fancy: http://mastercoldrice.com/?p=359
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:10:38 PM by coldrice » Logged

Tig Blog
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »

That's cool, but it doesn't seem like it would even fit "Interstellaria" in a line.

coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »

That's cool, but it doesn't seem like it would even fit "Interstellaria" in a line.

Most of the communications done by the crew are small comments and nagging statements. For example trying to make a crewman do something he can't will prompt a "I can't do that captain."

The majority of communication is done via a non-implemented communications system. Screen and all! What's nice is I can reuse the same code for the text wrapping there. All I have to do is readjust the max values for line length and it'll do the rest. Heck, if the talk bubbles still are too small I can resize the bubble and then resize the line length and it'll still work.

Tig Blog
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM »

Great then!

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2013, 12:03:30 AM »

I love where this is going. Your latest updates look really good, and I can see how those small text comments from the crew will add a lot of personality.

coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2013, 12:06:45 AM »

I love where this is going. Your latest updates look really good, and I can see how those small text comments from the crew will add a lot of personality.

Thank you! I've been following your sweet project. I really appreciate your thumbs up Smiley

Tig Blog
conorh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2013, 02:51:06 AM »

the game looks pimpin, give us playable builds!!
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2013, 10:01:21 PM »

I'll be uploading a playable build this Friday. Mind you this early in development its far from feature complete! I just finished up with a simple tutorial tonight. Its far from comprehensive, really it just enough to get the just of whats going on. The actual tutorial later on won't use these bubbles to explain what to do.

Here's a fun video:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:25:43 AM by coldrice » Logged

Tig Blog
pmprog
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2013, 04:37:36 AM »

Looking really good. Can't wait to try the demo
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2013, 12:35:07 AM »

Alpha 0.08 available for download today. I'm waiting for indieDB to clear the upload, so for now you can snag it here early:

http://www.indiedb.com/downloads/interstellaria-008-space-phase-only

Space phase only

Tig Blog
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2013, 01:16:29 AM »

I like where it is going. Obviously not much to play right now with just two enemies and preset gear/crew but I'm sure it will get there. Well, it's solid so far, except sometimes the characters seemed very unresponsive, I was unable to right click and use a system or similar while having them selected.

coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2013, 01:19:10 AM »

I like where it is going. Obviously not much to play right now with just two enemies and preset gear/crew but I'm sure it will get there. Well, it's solid so far, except sometimes the characters seemed very unresponsive, I was unable to right click and use a system or similar while having them selected.

Thanks for the love! And for the feedback. I'm going to try and just do the whole "click something a thousand times" trick to break the game and figure out what's going wrong.

Tig Blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic